Would you endorse moving up in the first and for what price?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
Is there anyone worth moving up for in the first? What what you offer to move up?

Me is Vea. The Rams between FA and a good draft can cover almost all the needs of the Rams. We are on the verge of greatness. We have a very solid nucleus. Now is the time to get the great player to me trading up Max 5 spots is worth it to me . To me we come out 3 really good players in the draft we should be stoked.

Last edited:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I am generally not interested in depleting our valuable draft assets this 2018 Draft myself.

I have no issues with utilization a signed Ram player like Tavon Austin or a Mark Barron to move up but NO to using Draft selections as tender. I am highly interested in either of the top two NT's.

Snead has a history of finding good DB's on the 3rd day of the draft. I want him to work his magic once again.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
The Rams don't have much ammunition for moving up, ... it would cost us our 5'th round draft pick and two of our 6'th round picks just to move up two spots from #23 to #21. That might be worth the cost if the player is really desirable, but it might leave our cabinets empty when trying to add depth later in the draft. jmo.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
I would approve a move up to grab Vea or Edmunds but I doubt we have the picks to make a move that high.

Never doubt Snead, I agree that if they can draft 2-3 starters this team will be improved

nighttrain

Legend
I generally not interested in depleting our valuable draft assets this 2018 Draft myself.

I have no issues with utilization a signed Ram player like Tavon Austin or a Mark Barron to move up but NO to using Draft selections as tender. I am highly interested in either of the top two NT's.
nose tackle and inside linebacker with our first two draft choices
train

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
I wouldn't mind. Snead has shown an ability to trade back and recoup draft stock when he trades up. The year he traded up for Austin he also traded back and landed an extra 3rd rounder that was either Bailey or TJ. Hopefully the fit would be better than Austin obviously.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Joe Barry got an up close on LBers . It all depends on who they like .

IMO - Snead will trust The Rams board . There has to be triggers either way. I’d rather move back , & then up if need be . Sometimes you can get an extra 1st rd pick at that spot ?

fearsomefour

Legend
I wouldn't move up unless it was a difference maker. I would be looking to stay or move down actually.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Me, no. In fact, after watching every minute of the combine, at least once, I am a huge fan of moving back, and picking up extra picks. There would be a few exceptions, if a one or two players fell to us, but I'd stay pat, other than moving one or two spots, if the cost was in the future, or a late round pick.

This is looking like a very deep, and fast draft at most of the positions that we need.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

unless there's a player sitting there at #23 the rams must have it would be in their best interest to move down if they like a couple of players in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. someone posted that their 1st round pick is equivalent to the #6 pick in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. that's too tempting if the difference in grade they have on the prospective players in those slots isn't that much.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I would approve a move up to grab Vea or Edmunds but I doubt we have the picks to make a move that high.

Never doubt Snead, I agree that if they can draft 2-3 starters this team will be improved

Agree, they are the two special players that also fit a glaring need, so in those two instances it would be worth it.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I might give up say Tavon and #23 and a 6th rounder for a Top 10 Pick!!;)

WestCoastRam

Legend
Never say never. If a prospect we absolutely loves falls near us and we think we can't get him. Yes. But I think that's much rarer than having a guy who fits value falling to 23 or having comparable enough guys available that a trade down option looks favorable.

I will say, I just don't see a defensive prospect in this draft that would fall that's a must get that we'd need to trade up for. I would like to see a prospect like Landry fall to us. It would be a great value/need match but I think he has enough question marks that he's not worth trading up for.

Last edited:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
If there is a player that they rate very high and he fails close enough for them to reach then, yes move up. One great player makes more difference than three or four mediocre backup types.

Remember each year in free agency most teams try to plug any holes with free agents, even if they are just the second tier variety. So having all of the picks isn't as critical for a good team. However this draft is looking like they could move back and still get a very good Linebacker or corner. So a trade up is less likely.

And Snead stockpiling or recouping picks isn't necessarily so he can draft a bunch of depth players. If you recall the Bradford for Foles and a second round pick, you know that the second round pick was a key to the trade because Snead wanted the draft capital, which he used to get Goff. He likes to have enough picks to be able to make trades if he wants to move up to get a certain player.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
No. Especially with the Quinn trade. We just need bodies at this point to compliment Donald.

Donald flushes, XYZ tackles. We just need smart, disciples players to complement Donald and Peters Island.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
I don’t think we can trade up based on the draft ammunition we have now unless it’s at the 15-20 range.

Even then, I would rather go BPA at #23 or trade down for more picks. Got really lucky with avoiding the injury epidemic last year and there’s no guarantee that will continue; would rather have depth to avoid looking like the Rams team that got schooled by the Whiners in week 17

OC_Ram

Restricted Free Agent
Without the vast draft knowledge that many of my Rams brothers possess I’d have to say NO !

The draft contains hits a misses in every round. To pay a premium to move up 5 slots just doesn’t jive with me. Trade down a few slots, pick up an extra pick and increase your odds through volume.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Only for Vea or Tremaine Edmonds.

If it weren’t for the ghost of Bobby Wagner, I prolly wouldn’t include Edmonds.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
If Vea makes it to 17, I'd be ok using our 3rd rnd pick and Barron to get him. Then add Bradham from Philly, start Ebukam or longacre and add another CB in in the 4th round or FA. Now that's a defense I'd like to see.