Would you consider Xavier Rhodes?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Let's just say "hypothetically" and likely not to happen as such Austin,Patterson, Vaccaro, and ya know the names I'm spacing on are going going gone by #22. If at #22 Rhodes is on the board again would YOU consider him as possibly BPA? Or have I smoked myself silly tonight while listening to the new Stone Sour-House of Gold and Bones #2 and Volbeat's- Outlaw Gentleman and Shady Ladies.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Nah.

The priority for CB isn't as high as last year.

RamsNation

Rookie
^^^Agreed,if everyone we had our eyes on are gone and we don't have anybody worth #22 at WR,S,O line, i would rather bolster dline with a DT before we take Rhodes.We simply don't need him we got our 3 starters he would be a luxury pick that we can't afford right now.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
He's on the board at 16 you run the draft choice down to the comish.
Top ten talent. Best CB on team the day he's drafted.
We do need another CB, and not taking a player like him at that spot and taking a lesser need player.....15-65 redux.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I like Johnthan Banks more than Rhodes and imo, Banks can play both FS and CB.

Agamemnon

Rookie
jrry32 said:
I like Johnthan Banks more than Rhodes and imo, Banks can play both FS and CB.
I took Banks in the Huddle mock. But then Thor took Rhodes the pick before. ;)

He was doing Miami and I had TBay.

Agamemnon

Rookie
Jonathan Banks CB Mississippi State 6’2-185 33 7/8 9 /14 Great size, length and FBI (football instincts) accompany much burst and acceleration. Sixteen career interceptions are no fluke. Banks has anticipation and timing, along with awareness that put him in position to make plays on the ball in the SEC. A very good athlete who won’t time fast, but the man cover skills and fluidity in movement are unquestionably there. He is an absolute ball hawk with body balance and control to jump and contort his body while competing with receiver for balls at the highest point. Tall corner with slight upright peddle, good feet COD (change of direction) with short-area burst and acceleration. Smooth to flip hips, transition and mirror receivers; quickness and suddenness keep this player in position. Very comfortable in open bale technique, and best as a zone defender. When aligning vs. a slot receiver, lacks consistent UOH (use of hands) to jam and redirect receivers; allows free release too often. Solid tackler with wrap and finish; will grab, drag and sling tackle a high percentage of the time, flashing peek-a-boo, explosive hits on receivers in crossing routes. Very good blitzer with second effort, good collision and explosion. Very aggressive and plays with desire in lateral chase and pursuit, creating many a forced fumble, interception and TFL (tackle for loss) production. Has the most natural ball skills of all of the corners in the draft. Soft hands to high point and pluck balls outside of his frame, RAC (run after catch) skills and a nose for the goal line. Interception production is off the charts, as he finished with 16 for his career and 320 yards in returns. First-round talent/bottom first-round pick.
Softli's stuff on Banks. The link to it is now broken.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
I wouldnt take Rhodes with the 22nd pick. I think the pick can be better allocated elsewhere and IMO even if a lot of the guys we like get drafted ahead of the 2nd pick Im not sure he's BPA.

I asked myself a similar question tho... In all probability this will not happen, but if Dee Milner falls to 16, do we consider him?

Shawnbb158

Starter
libertadrocks said:
I wouldnt take Rhodes with the 22nd pick. I think the pick can be better allocated elsewhere and IMO even if a lot of the guys we like get drafted ahead of the 2nd pick Im not sure he's BPA.

I asked myself a similar question tho... In all probability this will not happen, but if Dee Milner falls to 16, do we consider him?

I agree. I am on board with taking BPA but I (even as much as I would rather go in a different direction) would even go Lacy or Author Brown over Rhodes. With 3 quality corners already in place I don't think we can afford to use a 1st on one. Even if milner falls (which will NEVER happen) I say we trade back at that point and grab a few more picks.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Yes, he would be in play if he's in play, because he could be the BPA, and we will pick a CB in this draft...mark my words. I don't think we want to pick one in the 1st round, but if he fell.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Yamahopper said:
He's on the board at 16 you run the draft choice down to the comish.
Top ten talent. Best CB on team the day he's drafted.
We do need another CB, and not taking a player like him at that spot and taking a lesser need player.....15-65 redux.
He's a great talent. If he slipped to 16, no one we wanted was there and no one was calling to take the pick from us, I'd pick him. One thing about having an extra 1st is that you can justify one of those picks being a "luxury" pick. Imagine having as your four CBs: Finnegan, Jenkins, Johnson and Rhodes. Yes we need a safety, but maybe you can coach up one of the CBs a bit to play FS during certain packages. Heck any four WR sets are going to be blanketed. With our pass rush we could kill an offensive drive.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Agamemnon said:
Take a DT. Make a good line a dominant line.

Yeah. If Richardson is there at 16, I'd be happier with him over Rhodes.

I heard Lande say Richardson is as good as any DT in this draft.