Would You Consider Mosely Or Barr?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I don't know how much Dunbar has left in the tank but I do know it we pick one of these two then we'll have arguably the most athletic LB'ing core I the game. Dunbar would serve as top tier depth in case of injury, as well. After we suspended Dunbar last year, I'm not sure of the interest the team has in signing him back for next year.

Many say we need an OT more but we still have Long and Barkesdale who played well. Drafting an OT doesn't make sense when we have the spots filled. LB makes more sense...

Many of you know Watkins is my favorite choice after a trade down but we have starters in Quick and Givens in those spots. Snead doesn't sound like he's about to give up on them just yet. So LB is a reasonable choice over WR, (but not really lol... not to me.

I hear some murmurs of FS talk. My answer to that is there isn't a safety that really tickles my fancy in this draft. I wouldn't have want Reid if he was in this draft and there is no one even close to Eric Berry. Clinton-Dix looks like a second round talent to me at best. He's not that fast or quick but he's solid. Mosely or Barr are much, much, better prospects.

There are no Coopers or or Warmacks this year so OG shouldn't be considered until after pick 20.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Call it a hunch...

But I believe the Rams trade down, for a modest amount of picks... A couple of times.

Nothing "big" like RGme, but pick hoarding.

As a result; we get some non-sexy picks.

Me; I want a big splash. :D

jjab360

Legend
I'd consider Mosley, but Barr doesn't really fit anywhere on our team. Khalil Mack can fit into any system, though, whether it be 3-4 OLB, 3-4 ILB, 4-3 OLB, or even 4-3 DE. Truly one of the more versatile defensive prospects I've seen in a while.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I'd consider Mack. I would love it if he was a Ram. He is a big playmaker.
I like Moseley too. Very instinctual and solid as a leader.

The Rams were showing a lot of interest in Chris Borland from Wisconsin, at the Sr Bowl. They were also looking at Van Noy.

Does this mean the are planning on a LBer in round 2? Probably just means they want a good one and who they get where depends on how things play out.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah I hear ya, CGI. That's my style, too. I firmly agree with your hunch.

I'm hearing some nays on Barr and some yays for Mack. Barr is a hammer in the middle and plays very strong. He was the Butkus award winner over Mosely so I think that says a lot but I'm gonna take your guys's word for it.

As for Mack, I shoulda put him on the list. He's a tall LB standing at 6'3" and displays excellent burst and lateral movement. His level of competition was pretty weak, though. BUT he has character issues so I think that sews it up for me. We love character issues... lol :D