Would you consider Doriel Green-Beckham?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

paceram

Pro Bowler
Sounds like he is a super talented player with quite a few past issues. I have to admit that his physical attributes (6'5" and approximately 220 lbs with supposedly very good speed & jumping ability) has to be tempting but I am guessing the Rams won't consider him in the 1st Round and possibly not at all.

But, it would be interesting to see how opponents DB's would cover him, Britt & Quick!

wrstdude

Rookie
Sounds like he is a super talented player with quite a few past issues. I have to admit that his physical attributes (6'5" and approximately 220 lbs with supposedly very good speed & jumping ability) has to be tempting but I am guessing the Rams won't consider him in the 1st Round and possibly not at all.

But, it would be interesting to see how opponents DB's would cover him, Britt & Quick!

He won the 100m state title in Missouri as a Sophomore. He has blazing speed.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
No. After all the shit that he pulled at Mizzou, I wouldn't touch him as a UDFA.

Athos

Legend
Yes. He's not beyond righting himself.

And seeing how good a mentor Britt was to Quick, shit. Give it a shot. If you hit the lottery, you have a Megatron-type at WR.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

And seeing how good a mentor Britt was to Quick, shit. Give it a shot. If you hit the lottery, you have a Megatron-type at WR.

He's way beyond righting himself. Possession of crack-cocaine, selling marijuana, pushing his girlfriend down the stairs, etc. are just some of what he did at Mizzou. Fate knows what he got away with in high school.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave

And seeing how good a mentor Britt was to Quick, crap. Give it a shot. If you hit the lottery, you have a Megatron-type at WR.
Just because he's not beyond righting himself doesn't mean that he will.

NFL history shows us he probably won't.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
He's way beyond righting himself. Possession of crack-cocaine, selling marijuana, pushing his girlfriend down the stairs, etc. are just some of what he did at Mizzou. Fate knows what he got away with in high school.

Fisher has dealt with worse and turned them around. Ogletree and Janoris, Kenny Britt, Pacman Jones, he's handled them admirably and none of those guys would be mistaken for choir boys. I'd go for it if Fisher thinks he can get through to him. Not a first rounder, but say a 2nd-3rd or even later? Too much upside to pass up when I believe Fisher could probably straighten him out enough.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Pacman Jones
he's handled them admirably
Grumpy-cat-no1.jpg

StLouieRam

UDFA
If we traded down and picked up an extra 2nd and 3rd yeah I'd take DGB in the early 2nd round. La'el Collins, DGB, Dismukes, Petty, Tyrus Thompson. I'm a homer, he's a St. Louis kid.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
I would definitely consider him in the second round or later. He has immense talent and you cant teach his physical abilities. The guy has been a knuckle head but not necessarily as bad as Winston. He is the closest player to Calvin Johnson as you are going to get.

Last edited:

Athos

Legend

1. What coke? That's a felony so yea.....no.
2. Selling hash?

Unless he's done this at OU, I've no idea where you're getting that info dude. Those two never happened.

3. It wasn't his GF. It was his GFs friend as he was trying to get inside.

4. Certainly take DGB in the 2nd/3rd over Winston in the 1st like many want.

Big Willie

Starter
In the second round? Yes. I think he is still a raw project, ala, Brian Quick. He might have a higher ceiling than Quick based on size, speed and football IQ, but with only a couple years college experience and less than stellar route running acumen...he is going to take a couple of years to develop.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
In the second round? Yes. I think he is still a raw project, ala, Brian Quick. He might have a higher ceiling than Quick based on size, speed and football IQ, but with only a couple years college experience and less than stellar route running acumen...he is going to take a couple of years to develop.
I tend to agree. I'm not sure he's quite as raw as Brian Quick, but I could see DGB being another guy taking 2-3 years before he became productive

Athos

Legend
I don't think he is as raw either.

No where near. MU actually has a very complicated spread O imo. You gotta be able to run tons of routes. You gotta block. And you gotta go over the middle.

DGB is much farther along than Quick was coming out. And, DGB would get (likely) benefit of having Britt around his rookie year rather than his 3rd year. Having a big time VET WR around with the big body type like Britt was been excellent for far more than production.

FRO

Legend
No where near. MU actually has a very complicated spread O imo. You gotta be able to run tons of routes. You gotta block. And you gotta go over the middle.

DGB is much farther along than Quick was coming out. And, DGB would get (likely) benefit of having Britt around his rookie year rather than his 3rd year. Having a big time VET WR around with the big body type like Britt was been excellent for far more than production.
I think we are a good fit for DGB. With Britt, Quick, Bailey, Austin he wouldn't be pressured to come in right away. He could take a redshirt year almost. When we picked Quick we had nothing at WR.