Would ya offer Tenn this...............

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Would you offer this to Tenn

• yes if I am the Rams

• no if I am the Rams

• I honestly don't think Chargers would accept this offer

Results are only viewable after voting.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
2016 1st, a 2nd, 4th
2017 1st, a 2nd & 5th

for their 1st & 4th 2016

Q: And do you think they would honestly accept it?

I would, I just think Wentz has "it".. Smart as a whip, great arm, good deep ball, Size w/ athletic set and no red flags. Is a face of a franchise imho
Thus I am willing to go all in...

Last edited:

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Yes, I think the Titans would accept.

No, I would not want the Rams to offer that much.

Didn't we get three 1sts and one 2nd for the RGIII pick? That return was huge. Returns that large have not been the historical norm.

This hypothetical has us giving two 1sts, two 2nds, one 4th, and one 5th. Similar value to the RGIII trade, but I was much more impressed with Luck/RGIII coming out than I am by Goff/Wentz. Count me out.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't think Tennessee would take that offer. Keep in mind that future picks are normally valued one round lower. So on the trade chart it would be rather low. And Tennessee has made it clear they need to be floored with an offer.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Would anyone do this trade?

2016 first, 2nd
2017 second
Greg Robinson

Tennessee supposedly wants an OLT. If GRob got the deal done would you do it?

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Hell no. And I wouldn't offer GRob who's on the cusp of figuring it out.

I'd offer Battle who apparently is coming along nicely and has prototypical size and was building strength throughout the year.

I'd offer 2016 1st, 2nd, 2017 2nd and Battle for Tennessee's 2016 1st.

Yeah, I'd do that, but it wouldn't change anything.

Tennessee will likely want at LEAST what the Rams got and there's just no way in hell the Rams are going to pay that price. We're just too good at the draft to spend those picks on one player.

I want us to trade up, but I just don't see how our guys do it with how they've thought and acted in the past. Unless they radically change their behavior, I guess, I think they're going to pass on a top QB...

And it wouldn't surprise me to see the QBs go

Tennessee - Tunsil (cuz they were too stupid to make a decent deal)
Cleveland - Wentz
San Fran (trade with San Diego) - Goff
Dallas - Lynch

Would that surprise me to see the QBs go 2,3,4?

Nope. Not at all. I think Fitzpatrick and Kaep and RG3 will wait until after the draft because teams will see who and what they end up with before they bring in a veteran FA.

It's because of POSSIBLE scenarios like this that a) I think the only chance for the Rams to get a QB is to go all in for #1...and b) there's no way they do it because Tenn will belligerently ask for too much and the Rams have had too much success in the draft to spend even more than they got in the RG3 trade on one player, even a franchise QB.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think its pretty reasonable
I'd do it if I'm Tennessee (provided its the lower of the 2 2nd rounders in 2016)
And I'd do it if I'm the Rams
Maybe throw in Saffold as well

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I do know this ...this is where we find out if snead is the wheeler dealer we think he is (if we do indeed try to trade up ) ... he offered up the 2nd pick to the best offer and wash bit,, id be calling every team above us and trying to get deals in place (although I do realise he is probably a little busy picking out the colours for his new office at the mo ;) )

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
For the record, I voted "I honestly don't think Chargers would accept this offer" since the Chargers cant really accept a trade proposal for the Titans. Unless there's some new rule I don't know about....

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I actually think Tenn. would do this if you threw a 3rd rounder in there somewhere. maybe 2018 or a 2nd in 2018. I think this on par with what you would need to do. 1 to 15 is a big drop off though, so hard to tell. I doubt the player(s) they covet are not around at 15 and that could be the biggest challenge.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
Giving up 2 first round picks and 2 second rounders is essentially 3 first round picks like the RG3 deal. That price is way too high especially when the demand is not as high and the prospects are not as highly regarded as Luck and RG3. After the RG3 deal moves into the top ten usually only cost a 2nd round pick

A move from 15 to 1 is highly unlikely IMO. Teams love their draft picks especially the Rams. I don't see them giving up more than 3 picks total in a trade up. The draft provides cheap starters so the Rams don't have to spend big in FA and so they can afford to sign their home grown talent like Donald, Ogletree, TJ, Tru, Brockers, and Austin to long term deals.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If that's what it takes, that's what it takes.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
2016: 1,2,2
2017: 1
If that's what it takes, that's what it takes.
To try paint the picture of how I see the possible future costs for doing this trade up. Trading away two firsts & two seconds for the either Wentz or Goff? I see four Ram picks gone. That could very easily be prospects like ....2 Ram first rd picks very much like DT Aaron Donald & DE Robert Quinn both were selected in the same area of the draft as our first rd pick this season & 2 Ram second round picks like CB Trumaine Johnson & SS TJ McDonald. All four players are starters & 2 are very young dynamic all pro's. F O U R OUTSTANDING STARTERS! Could you imagine having two Aaron Donalds & two Robert Quinn's lining up on the same DL at once. What would it be like to have two Trumaine Johnson's on both CB posts & having two TJ McDonald's starting in our secondary? I can:heh:.

That could very well what you would be trading away in future talent for One QB. Most all here are with you here on this. I find the cost to be too high, but I also understand the biggest issue with this Ram team is @ QB. Reminds me pre draft days back in 2010. The cheap inexpensive cost of Sam Bradford was no where near what we will pay for the chance to draft a new Sam Bradford in April.

As we all know now the last QB Savior = Total Fail to the Rams (one we are suffering for now or we would not be thinking of a costly trade up). The cost this time will come @ an even greater expense & a fail would be serious & critical detriment to the future of this Ram team for a longer period of time. Of course, none of that enters the mind of most not all, those who have climbed on the "trade up @ all costs" Large Powerful fast moving Locomotive.

Going in this direction I see a good chance of a major https://images.search.yahoo.com/yhs...-avg-fh_lsonsw&hspart=avg&hsimp=yhs-fh_lsonsw

Last edited:

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
To try paint the picture of how I see the possible future costs for doing this trade up. Trading away two firsts & two seconds for the either Wentz or Goff? I see four Ram picks gone. That could very easily be prospects like ....2 Ram first rd picks very much like DT Aaron Donald & DE Robert Quinn both were selected in the same area of the draft as our first rd pick this season & 2 Ram second round picks like CB Trumaine Johnson & SS TJ McDonald. All four players are starters & 2 are very young dynamic all pro's. F O U R OUTSTANDING STARTERS! Could you imagine having two Aaron Donalds & two Robert Quinn's lining up on the same DL at once. What would it be like to have two Trumaine Johnson's on both CB posts & having two TJ McDonald's starting in our secondary? I can:heh:.

That could very well what you would be trading away in future talent for One QB. Most all here are with you here on this. I find the cost to be too high, but I also understand the biggest issue with this Ram team is @ QB. Reminds me pre draft days back in 2010. The cheap inexpensive cost of Sam Bradford was no where near what we will pay for the chance to draft a new Sam Bradford in April.

As we all know now the last QB Savior = Total Fail to the Rams (one we are suffering for now or we would not be thinking of a costly trade up). The cost this time will come @ an even greater expense & a fail would be serious & critical detriment to the future of this Ram team for a longer period of time. Of course, none of that enters the mind of most not all, those who have climbed on the "trade up @ all costs" Large Powerful fast moving Locomotive.

Going in this direction I see a good chance of a major https://images.search.yahoo.com/yhs...-avg-fh_lsonsw&hspart=avg&hsimp=yhs-fh_lsonsw

Appreciate the discussion, brother. Here is what I'll say on it:

A. Neither Tru nor TJ was a second rounder.
B. Second round picks and even first round picks flame out all the time. (Pead and Jason Smith, for instance)
C. We have had Quinn, Donald, TJ, and Tru for the last few years and we still have been .500 at best)
D. QBs seem really really hard to find. Sure there is the Tom Brady or the Russel Wilson story but there are also many teams who have been hunting for a good one for decades.
E. How much of a disaster is it to mortgage your future like this? We robbed the Skins - RGIII was a bust - and yet, they have been in the playoffs twice since that trade and we haven't been once.
F. Thanks to our 2 #2s, we actually have the capital to go do this - right now. The team picking #1 should want to trade down - it makes sense for them. These kinds of opportunities don't always come up. No way TB or Ten was going to trade out last year. No way Carolina was going to trade out Cam's year. No way Indy was trading out of Luck. Its just not an option every year to go get your guy. We have that option now - this year.

I say we go for it.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Appreciate the discussion, brother. Here is what I'll say on it:

A. Neither Tru nor TJ was a second rounder.
B. Second round picks and even first round picks flame out all the time. (Pead and Jason Smith, for instance)
C. We have had Quinn, Donald, TJ, and Tru for the last few years and we still have been .500 at best)
D. QBs seem really really hard to find. Sure there is the Tom Brady or the Russel Wilson story but there are also many teams who have been hunting for a good one for decades.
E. How much of a disaster is it to mortgage your future like this? We robbed the Skins - RGIII was a bust - and yet, they have been in the playoffs twice since that trade and we haven't been once.
F. Thanks to our 2 #2s, we actually have the capital to go do this - right now. The team picking #1 should want to trade down - it makes sense for them. These kinds of opportunities don't always come up. No way TB or Ten was going to trade out last year. No way Carolina was going to trade out Cam's year. No way Indy was trading out of Luck. Its just not an option every year to go get your guy. We have that option now - this year.

I say we go for it.
I used the two 3rd rd'ers to try to make my point stronger I could have used CB JJ & ORT Havenstein both 2nd rd'ers instead. Your mentioning of RG3 who was rated bit as high or even higher than Wentz is & now that sure thing is considered a serious Bust .......:unsure: For me I would have to really be in the tank for Wentz for me to pull the trigger.....Right now I'm not close .......yet;).

I would say that of all your points the one that rings a bell most with me is C.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I used the two 3rd rd'ers to try to make my point stronger I could have used CB JJ & ORT Havenstein both 2nd rd'ers instead. Your mentioning of RG3 who was rated bit as high or even higher than Wentz is & now that sure thing is considered a serious Bust .......:unsure: For me I would have to really be in the tank for Wentz for me to pull the trigger.....Right now I'm not close .......yet;).

I would say that of all your points the one that rings a bell most with me is C.

Wentz isn't a sure thing. Nobody ever is - no matter what you hear or read.

But he is big, he has the arm, and by all accounts he has the brain and the work ethic.

Get on this train - it's movin!

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Wentz isn't a sure thing. Nobody ever is - no matter what you hear or read.

But he is big, he has the arm, and by all accounts he has the brain and the work ethic.

Get on this train - it's movin!
This brain part that has just recently appeared has got me much more interested. A real smart QB (on the X's & O's) is something to covet badly in the NFL. The other physical stuff is all good but a quick good decisive working brain under duress.......my ears are up & tuned in.............:thinking:

So his mom wants a real warm dry place for her son to play football???