Would Dallas take this offer to swap 4 and 15?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The following would be conditional on Goff being there at 4 on draft day:

* Rams 2016 Round 1 pick 15
* Rams 2017 Round 1 pick
* QB Nick Foles
* RB Tre Mason

for

* Cowboys 2016 Round 1 pick 4

My thinking is moving those two buffoons plus a next year round 1 pick fills some problematic holes for Dallas that prevents them from using picks in this draft, and might be enough to prevent them insisting on one of our round 2 picks in this draft. Would allow us to get QB knocked out at the top and still have some great real estate to address WR and TE, maybe even a defensive depth pick at CB or S.

lockdnram21

Legend
No that's a lot of money tied to qbs between Room and files. They might take mason but will take more draft compensation. Probably one of our 2nds and maybe more

fearsomefour

Legend
Doubtful.
Go from 4 to 15 add a first round pick, that is good, but add two other pieces they already have....bad QB and a back up RB.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
You add NT Brockers to that cadre & Jones might jump. NT Brockers is a Texas born lad anyway. Then Rams could agree to paying that Foles salary for Jones & seeing saved $$ could get serious. Mason is just a McDonalds kids meal toy in value dicarded like a few burnt french fries.

But if that was to occur you would have a Ram defense unable to stop the run up its gut. But those lusting after one of those two top rated rookie QB's would be very happy anyway. Because everone knows you can find good NT's anywhere late in the draft.

Last edited:

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
You add NT Brockers to that cadre & Jones might jump. NT Brockers is a Texas born lad anyway. Then Rams could agree to paying that Foles salary for Jones & seeing saved $$ could get serious. Mason is just a McDonalds kids meal toy in value dicarded like a few burnt french fries.

That would create a massive hole on the best part of our team. Dont weaken our strength.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

* Rams 2017 Round 1 pick
* QB Nick Foles
* RB Tre Mason

for

Would You take that offer? I answer is a resounding no....Tre Mason is off the table right now until his situation is settled.
giphy.gif

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

* Rams 2017 Round 1 pick
* QB Nick Foles
* RB Tre Mason

for

My thinking is moving those two buffoons plus a next year round 1 pick fills some problematic holes for Dallas that prevents them from using picks in this draft, and might be enough to prevent them insisting on one of our round 2 picks in this draft. Would allow us to get QB knocked out at the top and still have some great real estate to address WR and TE, maybe even a defensive depth pick at CB or S.
To be "Brutally Honest!!" I think they would laugh in our Face!! I know I would! A #1 in 2017 OK, they may like that, but A worthless QB and a RB who could be suspended for at least the first 4 games of 2016! I think they would feel like we are, pretty much trying to "Screw them!" ( I did say I was going to be 'Brutally Honest!'):D

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Kroenke will purchase land from Jerry at a ridiculously high price and Jerry will trade the 4th pick to the Rams for their first and a second this year.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
If you recall the Rams traded the 6th pick to Dallas to move back to was it 16th or 14th? Not sure but that was only for Dallas 2nd rounder and the swap.

So, I wonder if Dallas would return the favor and give the Rams a similar deal.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No that's a lot of money tied to qbs between Room and files. They might take mason but will take more draft compensation. Probably one of our 2nds and maybe more

While I agree it would take more, Foles' issue is his 2015, not his salary. His roster bonus has been paid, he's only owed $1.75 million and that's not guaranteed. That's cheap for a veteran backup QB, if he's worthwhile.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If you recall the Rams traded the 6th pick to Dallas to move back to was it 16th or 14th? Not sure but that was only for Dallas 2nd rounder and the swap.

So, I wonder if Dallas would return the favor and give the Rams a similar deal.

But that was after who the Rams wanted at that spot was drafted (fortunately) and their 2nd choice they felt would be available later - so they took the best offer they could get in a couple of minutes. The Cowboys have weeks to negotiate for more normal value.

It would normally be a bit more than a second - I've said before both seconds with some late picks coming back to the Rams so they can still fill the roster.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
But that was after who the Rams wanted at that spot was drafted (fortunately) and their 2nd choice they felt would be available later - so they took the best offer they could get in a couple of minutes. The Cowboys have weeks to negotiate for more normal value.

It would normally be a bit more than a second - I've said before both seconds with some late picks coming back to the Rams so they can still fill the roster.

Who did they originally want in that draft?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Yeah, I know Dallas will insist on one of those round 2 picks and the reason I believe that to be the case is they will be able to get a round 1 value defender there at 43 most likely. But trying to bounce some off the wall ideas out there to see if maybe Snead can pull this off without giving one of them up.

If they liked Mason coming out of that draft, he's going to have more value than some think, plus some aren't gonna blame the guy for being distraught after the team drafts a talent like Gurley. Same deal with Foles, that one year crash and burn with us might not do him in as it pertains to the minds of other GMs. I suspect other GMs laugh around the water cooler re: the Rams' ability to develop QBs and any other skill positions and rightly so.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Who did they originally want in that draft?

Justin Blackmon. Jacksonville jumped the Rams and drafted him, at which point Fisher slammed his glasses down. Worked out well for the Rams, they traded down and still got Brockers, and Blackmon drank himself out of the league. I won't say anything about the pitiful return on the second round pick the Rams got. <cough>Pead</cough>

Edit: My bad, looks like it was drugs, mainly the killer weed, marijuana.