Would anyone out there take Doriel Green-Beckham at #10?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

lockdnram21

Legend
I wouldn't draft any receiver at 10 bit Cooper and since he wouldn't be there I don't want receiver in first or second. I would take cb over wr

V3

Hall of Fame
How you going to get the ball in his hands in order for him to be worth the use of a top ten pick on?

Rams already have Three very talented, very similar WR's/TE's to DGB on the team in 2014. This Ram Team found it hard to get the ball into those big tall receivers hands too. Then there's the other top ten selection receiver named Tavon Austin lack of involvement & production in all phases of our offense.

Looks to me we have all the toys & play things that can fill a sandbox or playpen but the missing big item is the playpen/sand box itself.
I agree with you about the Oline concerns but I don't agree that we have comparable WRs. DGB has a MUCH higher ceiling than anyone we have. It's not even close, IMO. That being said, I don't think DGB should be taken that early due to off the field concerns.

paceram

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
2015 NFL Mock Draft: Round 1 http://wp.me/p4pK1g-1VY

Is he worth the risk at 10?

I definitely think he is the ultimate BOOM or BUST player! If he has a great combine, interviews and passes the necessary background checks I won't be surprised if he goes pretty high in Draft but with Cooper, White and Parker all being great WR prospects I am not sure how many teams would choose him over those three WR's with his question marks. I do think if he can stay focused and out of trouble he could have a great NFL career!

iced

I think he'll be there in the 2nd or 3rd - too much off the field risk for 10

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I have no interest in using another high pick for a WR, regardless of what his worth might appear to be...Not with as much work needs to be done on the Oline and I still think there is work to be done in the secondary...

rams1991

UDFA
I wouldn't Green Beckham there simply because receivers tend to be easy to find.

Wouldn't mind an impact guy on the offensive or defensive line.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I have no interest in using another high pick for a WR, regardless of what his worth might appear to be...Not with as much work needs to be done on the Oline and I still think there is work to be done in the secondary...
You've got me on your corner. I have no interest in throwing more and more wrs hoping in vain they'll 'spark' the offense, while ignoring the fact that the guys we already have have nobody to throw it to them or a line to protect that guy.

iced

You've got me on your corner. I have no interest in throwing more and more wrs hoping in vain they'll 'spark' the offense, while ignoring the fact that the guys we already have have nobody to throw it to them or a line to protect that guy.

Which is why it's too early to guess what we're gonna do at #10 with free agency looming..

If they sign atleast 2 lineman, I think it'd very realistic to put a WR in play at #10... although it'd to have be someone like cooper, parker, or white... not a guy with as much off the field issues as DGB.

Off-Field Troubles

The events that led to Green-Beckham’s dismissal from the University of Missouri are well documented. We won’t be speculating—rather, we'll just work with what has been reported already.

In two separate incidents between 2012 and 2014, Green-Beckham was arrested for marijuana-related suspicions.

His arrest in January 2014 was in connection to police finding a pound of marijuana in a car he was riding in, which prompted a felony drug investigation. Green-Beckham was found innocent, but this was his second arrest in just 15 months.

His 2012 arrest led to charges of misdemeanor possession of marijuana after a police officer said he smelled marijuana on Green-Beckham and his two friends. Charges were later dropped.

With two strikes already on his record, Green-Beckham couldn’t afford another mistake. The former No. 1 overall recruit out of high school was becoming a terror to defend between the goal posts on Saturdays, but he was wearing out his welcome in Columbia, Missouri.

In early April of 2014, Green-Beckham had a burglary investigation opened against him. The police report detailed allegations that Green-Beckham forced an 18-year-old Missouri student to open her apartment door. Things must have escalated, as the woman said she was shoved down at least four stairs by Green-Beckham.

He was never arrested because the witnesses became reluctant due to fear of retaliation and harassment. Green-Beckham’s girlfriend sent 16 text messages to the victim, asking for her to bury the incident because "pressing charges would just ruin it [his football career] for him completely."

Another potential red flag was found in the messages. His girlfriend had detailed a possible domestic abuse occurrence, where Green-Beckham had dragged her from the apartment by her neck. When asked about it by the police, she was uncooperative and claimed shedidn’t remember sending that message.

Ultimately, there were no convictions that stemmed from the event that led to Green-Beckham ending up at Oklahoma. Missouri head coach Gary Pinkel said he had “other information” on his dismissal butwouldn’t publicly address the situation. It’s fishy, but we’re just left with the reports of what happened.

Entering the NFL, Green-Beckham will be subject to the NFL’s personal conduct policy. According to Thayer Evans of Sports Illustrated, he’s been in talks with the league to see where he stands. He is subject to entering the league already in the program, but whether he would be in for drugs and/or domestic violence isn’t known.

If he begins in Stage One of the drug program, he will be placed in an intervention program for up to 90 days. Another violation would lead to Stage Two, which progresses from fines to suspensions if mistakes continue to be made.

NFL teams will surely be digging deep into Green-Beckham’s off-field history. The Josh Gordon situation could be coming at a bad time because the league is seeing that another young player is struggling with responsibility and maturity. However, Gordon’s gaffes shouldn’t be used to punish Green-Beckham.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...en-beckham-has-tools-to-be-elite-nfl-receiver

rams1991

UDFA
I'm so anti-Tavon at this point...anyway, it would be nice to have a 6'6'' former sprinter at wideout.

Too bad hes a headcase

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
not our biggest need, if we wiff on signing Britt could see 2nd round , but without Sam we don't have enough talent at QB to get the ball to the wrs we have nor the line to give them the time

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff

I'm one of the biggest pro OL guys you'll find on this board besides maybe @BonifayRam . However...... This is not the Federal Govt. You don't throw money at a problem just because there is a needed fix.. Bad correlation but best I could think of. :cool:

I'm still a big proponent of BPA. I'd hate to see us overdraft for the OL just because it's a position of need. This draft is also deep in OL that could be had in the 2nd and 3rd rounds, especially at OG. I'm not sure if I'd take DGB with the 10th overall pick, but I could see taking Cooper, Smith, or Parker. Heck,

I don't think Schreff will be there for us at 10, but I wouldn't have a problem taking Collins "if" he's there. From everything I've read on Peat, he's pretty much a LT. Curious as to your thoughts on OL @ #10?

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
not our biggest need, if we wiff on signing Britt could see 2nd round , but without Sam we don't have enough talent at QB to get the ball to the wrs we have nor the line to give them the time

You think Coates would be there for us?

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
You think Coates would be there for us?
IMO he or Beckham could both be there but I would like to have Scherff or Collins, unfortunately with the scarcity of QB's means someone is gonna go all RG to get Marriota and our second could be a reach for a QB

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
IMO he or Beckham could both be there but I would like to have Scherff or Collins, unfortunately with the scarcity of QB's means someone is gonna go all RG to get Marriota and our second could be a reach for a QB

Sorry I meant in 2nd as you stated above if not signing Britt. That's where I meant Sammie Coates at (in the 2nd round).. No way I take him with the 10th. Nor Beckham.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I'm one of the biggest pro OL guys you'll find on this board besides maybe @BonifayRam . However...... This is not the Federal Govt. You don't throw money at a problem just because there is a needed fix.. Bad correlation but best I could think of. :cool:

I'm still a big proponent of BPA. I'd hate to see us overdraft for the OL just because it's a position of need. This draft is also deep in OL that could be had in the 2nd and 3rd rounds, especially at OG. I'm not sure if I'd take DGB with the 10th overall pick, but I could see taking Cooper, Smith, or Parker. Heck,

I don't think Schreff will be there for us at 10, but I wouldn't have a problem taking Collins "if" he's there. From everything I've read on Peat, he's pretty much a LT. Curious as to your thoughts on OL @ #10?

In reference to your overdrafting of a OL'er......Could be said about overpaying for a OL'er in free agency due to needs. The overpaying in free agency will hurt the team more in my opinion. Looks to me there are three OT's worthy of selection @ 10. Collins/Schreff/Peat. Its doubtful that all 3 will be there. More likely only one of the three will remain on the board IMO. Until the combine when we will find out if Schreff has the feet & quickness to handle the quick pass rushers to be a OT in the NFL, Peat is a pure OLT but I would like to see if he has any serious run blocking skills to be able to play Right OT & if La'el Collins brain is up to par. Collins is my choice & best fit in this Ram OL...if he can get way out of the single digits on the Wonderlic test, which is supposed to measure his intelligence along with displaying & showing maturity.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
In reference to your overdrafting of a OL'er......Could be said about overpaying for a OL'er in free agency due to needs. The overpaying in free agency will hurt the team more in my opinion. Looks to me there are three OT's worthy of selection @ 10. Collins/Schreff/Peat. Its doubtful that all 3 will be there. More likely only one of the three will remain on the board IMO. Until the combine when we will find out if Schreff has the feet & quickness to handle the quick pass rushers to be a OT in the NFL, Peat is a pure OLT but I would like to see if he has any serious run blocking skills to be able to play Right OT & if La'el Collins brain is up to par. Collins is my choice & best fit in this Ram OL...if he can get way out of the single digits on the Wonderlic test, which is supposed to measure his intelligence along with displaying & showing maturity.

First, I wouldn't overpay for an OL'er in FA. I'm not the Federal Govt. :cool: That's hurt us in the past way too much. I would rather overdraft than overpay. I'm just a BPA guy instead of a need guy.

I'm all on the Collins bandwagon after seeing him play. Granted, I only saw him play once, so I defer to you on this. I'm of the ilk that Schreff will even get more hype and he won't be there for us. I could be wrong. If Peat is a dedicated LT, then we have one in GRob. Unless we move GRob back to an OG spot, which would be moving a 2nd round pick there.

That said I'd have no problem with depth, but not at #10. I mean even if we resign Barksdale and have GRob at LT, we need depth somewhere along the line. I'm thinking Jake Long is gone. Maybe we can restructure him to come back for depth? Maybe he wants to retire? Maybe Jones is a cat that could be a swing OT? I still have confidence Coach Boudreau can work with almost anyone. If not, I believe Hani is only running 2 burger places in his retirement? :cool:

We'll just have to see how the combine and FA plays out. I'm not for overspending in FA on the OL though.