Would a snowy Super Bowl threaten game integrity?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
Bring on the snow! It's the super bowl, not the sissy bowl!

The game starts in warm weather and finishes in cold weather for a reason. It was meant to be challenge players and team to take what comes.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
I believe the game that determines the Champion should be about insuring that the winner was the best team. It should be all about Mano Y Mano,,, team vs team. Nothing else.

I think it's freaking stupid to possibly have the league Champion be decided by which team got the lucky fluke bounce in the white-out snow covered field.

I think temperatures below 60 degrees are freezing btw.

Below 60?! Are you crazy? I set my floor at 70 down here. Temps in the 50's keep me indoors!

As for the game, I'd greatly prefer that the Super Bowl not be impacted in any way by weather whether that be snow, rain or even win. It's the showcase of the season. IMO every element that can be controlled should be. While the game between the Lions and the Eagles was fun(ny) to watch I would not want to see a championship game decided in that manner.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
The writer has no clue about the history of the game and integrity of the game went out when the sold their asses to the TV networks

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Below 60?! Are you crazy? I set my floor at 70 down here. Temps in the 50's keep me indoors!

As for the game, I'd greatly prefer that the Super Bowl not be impacted in any way by weather whether that be snow, rain or even win. It's the showcase of the season. IMO every element that can be controlled should be. While the game between the Lions and the Eagles was fun(ny) to watch I would not want to see a championship game decided in that manner.

LOL

My floor is 70 too. Especially on the water. I was trying to sound a lot tougher than I really am.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
You sound like someone who comes from the Cleveland area or something. I think the cold warps your minds.

I really prefer a neutral field in the league championship though. I think the home field advantage (even if it's weather related) is a great and important part of the game and playoffs (especially the playoffs). I just don't want it in the Super Bowl.

Don't even know how anyone could deny having a sno bowl wouldn't advantage a northern team.
I hope to hell this one is nearly snowed out has to be delayed two hours to get the people in the stands screws up the halftime show and we dispense with the fantasy and get back to domes and southern locations BEFORE Stan decides to build an open stadium and assures we never get a Sb .
FWIW IF the scenario I advance there comes to fruition the owners won't go for the ramantic cuz it'd impede profit ,think what it'd do to the commercial schedule alone

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think the point being missed here is that the weather has nothing to with the teams playing. At the prices people pay for tickets, I find it pretty unfair/unreasonable for the fans to have to sit thru that weather. If its cold, snowy, raining I'll laugh at the NFL for its stupidity but feel real bad for those who paid their hard earned $$ to sit thru that mess

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I think the point being missed here is that the weather has nothing to with the teams playing. At the prices people pay for tickets, I find it pretty unfair/unreasonable for the fans to have to sit thru that weather. If its cold, snowy, raining I'll laugh at the NFL for its stupidity but feel real bad for those who paid their hard earned $$ to sit thru that mess

I wouldn't. They knew the possibility of going to New York in freaking early February when they shelled out their hard earned $$.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I wouldnt care if it was a blizzard of hail, if i had a ticket to the SB, im going, and i'd enjoy the hell out of it!!!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I'm going to be watching it from my warm cozy confines. Feel for a certain bachelor party goer but I would absolutely DIG a snowy Superbowl. The Rams aren't going to be in it and I could care less about other teams - soooooooo... let it snow let it snow let it snow. I would rather watch an entertaining game than two teams I couldn't care less about having good games. Yawn.

And you Florida guys. Sheesh!:heh:

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
I'm going to be watching it from my warm cozy confines. Feel for a certain bachelor party goer but I would absolutely DIG a snowy Superbowl. The Rams aren't going to be in it and I could care less about other teams - soooooooo... let it snow let it snow let it snow. I would rather watch an entertaining game than two teams I couldn't care less about having good games. Yawn.

And you Florida guys. Sheesh!:heh:

Agree completely for this year only. I hope it snows a foot cuz I'm sure to not care about the teams playing. I just hope the league learns its lesson for future reference.

As for us Florida guys, it's tough living in the tropics! :wink:

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I have no idea why anyone would pay the freight for tickets and sit in snow ,F that.
I was at a Philly Gridbird game back when they were St.L bought a beer took one drink set it down and it was frozen the next time I picked it up,my old friend Pete use to say,Odin theres a level of stupid below someone who won't come in from the elements ,it's them that go out into em

Name
Guido
I believe the game that determines the Champion should be about insuring that the winner was the best team. It should be all about Mano Y Mano,,, team vs team. Nothing else.

I think it's freaking stupid to possibly have the league Champion be decided by which team got the lucky fluke bounce in the white-out snow covered field.

I think temperatures below 60 degrees are freezing btw.

I agree with Selassie, which in itself is a bit troubling. :confused:

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole

I had a feeling you might come poking around this week.

And as for you actually agreeing with me... There may still be hope for you after all.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Hey man - good to see you around again. Was wondering if you'd poke your nose in here this week. Might be a little chippy on defense this game - all things considered. Regardless - should be some good sport.

Cheers man.

P.S. Troubling indeed.:heh:

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Much to do about nothing!!! Have you guys forgotten about the Super Bowl down in Miami, Bears vs Colts?????? That was a monsoon and I'd just as well sit through one in th snow instead of that mess. At least my nuts wouldn't be wet, cold and sucked up into my abdomen, yes, but not sopping wet. I always thought it was a blast playing football in the snow but watching it, not so much but it IS part of the game. For the price you have to pay to attend a SB, you ought to get red carpet amenities that go beyond obscene but that's not going to happen unless you are so rich the price of the ticket doesn't make you blink anyways. As far as compromising the integrity of the game, PLEASE, the refs and their bosses have already got us on that one. I mean REALLY? At least a slop-fest game seems to take the ref's agenda out of it a bit at least to the point the fans don't notice it as much, well, most of the time. (Tom Brady and the "tuck rule" of course) If you are like me, Super Bowls are anti-climatic anyways unless,of course, the RAMS are playing in it!

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
As fun as that game on Sunday was, it was sloppy and slow. I wouldn't enjoy the Super Bowl as much if it was like that.

Yes, but did you see the end of that Ravens - Vikings game. WOW!!!