Worried about Free Agency

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Yep...Nobody wants to come into a job where the QB is the most critical position to your success, and you have an O line with even bigger issues..They better get a guy in here who has a zone blocking scheme cause our younger guys are really athletic, can distinguish colors, but have a hard time with eighth grade math. Barksdale will take the best offer which won't come from the lowest paying franchise...RAMS.
But Iam hopeful he will be a priority signing ? Go to Green Bay, and kidnap Alex Van Pelt NOW !!
Not sure where you get this. We had less than $5M (6th least in the league) in cap space last year while teams like the Jets, Eagles, Browns & Jags all had > $15M.

A320driver

Rookie
Not sure where you get this. We had less than $5M (6th least in the league) in cap space last year while teams like the Jets, Eagles, Browns & Jags all had > $15M.

Sorry I should have been more specific...Least valuable franchise in the league, and goes cheap on a lot of percs.for the players. Whereas a majority of the other teams in the league provide way more.
As per the Cap, that always lies on how good the scouting/personnel department performs, and how well the teams "Capologist" structures the deals.
Bottom line here is that I hope that we can keep Barksdale. However, I dont have a lot of faith based on historical data.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well it is possible if not downright likely that Chud was Fish's top choice from the beginning. If he gets him then I'd say it all worked out perfectly.

We are gonna have to wait and see, unfortunately.

Ramathon

I am assuming many OC's are not responding to Rams with prospect of franchise move. Do you guys think this will impact free agency too? I didn't think any coach or player would care but now after getting snubbed by potential OCs.......

I think you're making 2 shaky assumptions...

1) The prospect of the team moving is a significant factor in them not having signed an OC as of yet. That might be something of a factor for a guy or 2 who have set up 'roots' in a place they like. But in general, anyone interested in being an NFL coach knows/accepts that frequent moves are just 'part of the job'. So IMO, this is a minimal factor at worst.

2) The Rams are being snubbed. How so? From what I've heard, it seems the only candidate to whom they've placed more than a single call is Adam Gase. And him choosing to sign with the Bears is, IMO, not remotely a snub of the Rams.....it's simply a matter of him choosing to continue to work with the same HC for whom he's recently worked. Who else has 'snubbed' them?

I continue to be amazed at how many fans seem to believe that the lack of a quick signing of a 'name' for OC is somehow a negative reflection on the Rams organization.