Worried about Free Agency

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ram007

Starter
I am assuming many OC's are not responding to Rams with prospect of franchise move. Do you guys think this will impact free agency too? I didn't think any coach or player would care but now after getting snubbed by potential OCs.......

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

i wish the following FAs ignored the rams

drew bennett
msw
jason brown
finny
jamie duncan

FRO

Legend
Big named free agents rarely work out anyways. Better off with Hayes/Britt type signings.

paceram

Pro Bowler
Big named free agents rarely work out anyways. Better off with Hayes/Britt type signings.

I sure wish they could get a quality offensine lineman or two (But, they don't seem to have much luck with FA OL)!

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
I am assuming many OC's are not responding to Rams with prospect of franchise move. Do you guys think this will impact free agency too? I didn't think any coach or player would care but now after getting snubbed by potential OCs.......
I don't think the prospect of LA is affecting the OC search one bit TBH

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I don't see it as we're ' Getting snubbed' when other Teams won't let us even talk to potential OC's!

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
If you pay enough dinero... FAs will agree to play anywhere. Even Cleveland.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't think the prospect of LA is affecting the OC search one bit TBH
I totally agree.
What OC arent responding to the Rams? Seems to me the Rams were targeting 2 guys who were unavailable until after this weekend and got screwed by both Green Bay and Indianapolis. Nothing more, nothing less

paceram

Pro Bowler
I totally agree.
What OC arent responding to the Rams? Seems to me the Rams were targeting 2 guys who were unavailable until after this weekend and got screwed by both Green Bay and Indianapolis. Nothing more, nothing less

Agreed! Seems to me the Rams put all their eggs in one (Maybe, two) baskets and got burned!

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
all I'm saying is if they are gonna have trouble with OC hires then they better work hard at resigning the key players. Britt and Barksdale are priority. Kendricks needs to stay too and I think Langford is up for resign too. can't let these guys walk without equal talent coming in. I don't see much great coming out of FA but a solid lineman is a must out of FA and another in the draft. I don't see a scenario where we get two starters from the draft or two from FA. Snead and Fisher better not mess this up now after all this good rebuilding.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I don't buy any of this. We're not talking about guys that are taking 50k a year jobs with the possibility they may move.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Agreed! Seems to me the Rams put all their eggs in one (Maybe, two) baskets and got burned!
Well, we'll see if they got burned. Seems like both Indy and Green Bay knew that teams would wait for these guys and are playing hardball to get some comp out of it. If the Rams want either of these guys, they may have to pay up for it

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I worry more about the absence/lack of develop'd in house OL'ers in three seasons than FA'cy. I'll worry a lot more about FA'cy in 2016 when the Rams have 17 free agents no longer under contract. Seven of them starters.

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
I do not think it is the possible move itself that is affecting it, but what may come with it. If you take the job you have to assume that short of a playoff year the team would change coaches with a move. A team will want to make a splash in a new market (Assuming you believe the move will happen) - If your current coach hasn't made the playoffs in 4 years you would assume the owner would move on a make a splash with a big name when entering the new market. That idea may scare guys away - though I think that would be more with OC than players who aren't likely to be let go when/if that happens.

fearsomefour

Legend
I don't that prospect would impact either really.
These coaches are used to spending short stints in places. Moving every couple of years comes with the line of work.

lockdnram21

Legend
I think it has to do with the fact that other teams already have there qb or in a position to get qb where we have a big question in Bradford and nothing behind him so we are lease attractive

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
I think our QB and OL situations are having a serious impact on the search. Do established guys like Chud and Gase want to come into such uncertainty, IDK.

A320driver

Rookie
I think our QB and OL situations are having a serious impact on the search. Do established guys like Chud and Gase want to come into such uncertainty, IDK.

Yep...Nobody wants to come into a job where the QB is the most critical position to your success, and you have an O line with even bigger issues..They better get a guy in here who has a zone blocking scheme cause our younger guys are really athletic, can distinguish colors, but have a hard time with eighth grade math. Barksdale will take the best offer which won't come from the lowest paying franchise...RAMS.
But Iam hopeful he will be a priority signing ? Go to Green Bay, and kidnap Alex Van Pelt NOW !!