Wondering what Irsay thinks of Rams' odds

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Mike Sando
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/ ... -rams-odds

[espn]8106952[/espn]

A recent tweet from Indianapolis Colts owner Jim Irsay regarding a Week 1 point spread seemed like a good excuse to mine some NFC West gambling information -- for entertainment purposes only, of course.

Chad Millman's Insider blog Insider does not disappoint. Millman, editor in chief for ESPN The Magazine, blogs about the culture of sports gambling. He says the early money suggests gamblers think the Seattle Seahawks and St. Louis Rams will exceed Vegas' expectations:

"When totals were posted last week there were some pickings that wiseguys ate up very quickly. At the Las Vegas Hotel, they hit the Cleveland Browns over 4.5 wins, Houston Texans over 9.5 wins, the New England Patriots under 12.5 wins, the Seattle Seahawks over seven wins and the St. Louis Rams over 5.5 wins."

Action on the Seahawks and Rams was heaviest.

One potential explanation for money following the Rams: They suffered through an unusual number of injuries last season. Their schedule was tougher than anticipated, thanks in part to San Francisco's improvement and games against both Super Bowl teams from the previous season. They could appear in line for a natural correction that could take them from 2-14 to better than 5-11 without much trouble.

Millman did not explore why the Seahawks have been a popular play among bettors. Expectations for improvement at quarterback would be one logical factor.

Perhaps Irsay has a few theories.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I'm with John Elway, fahreak Jim Irsay, heza tweetin tuhrdhead publicity hound sure to embarras his coach,his QB, anyone with a sense of propreity.
The BEST damned argument for a 95% inheritance tax I can think of, the quintesential spoiled rich kid, freekin Limousine liberal,scuse me gotta wipe the screen, ......................and that's the NICE things I've got to say about him.

POOR Andrew Luck,poor, poor Andrew Luck ,stuck with Jim Irsay and no Tony Dungy to get things on track.

THANK the football GODS for a guy who let's his team do the talking ,IMO we have a Wellington Mara in the making,just sayin'

LOUDMOUTH IS MY JOB, not the owners. :ww:
3,2,1 OK X affirm the last statement :cheese: :lol: :razzed:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
So owners are allowed to gamble on their sport? Maybe I'm not getting the connections drawn between the title and what the piece really says. Pete Rose might have a reason to be pissed here.