Wonder if Rams are trying to trade Sam?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamWoodie

Legend
Just because it's preseason doesn't mean it's not a legitimate source of talent evaluation
This is true...but it's not a enough to establish a player either as legit either...that's done in the draft. This is the NFL...and "talent evaluation" doesn't amount to trade. Teams know how the system works...so they WILL NOT trade for Westbrooks or Sam. Think about it...teams KNOW the Rams DLine depth...they will wait for the cut rather than trade.

jjab360

Legend
This is true...but it's not a enough to establish a player either as legit either...that's done in the draft. This is the NFL...and "talent evaluation" doesn't amount to trade. Teams know how the system works...so they WILL NOT trade for Westbrooks or Sam. Think about it...teams KNOW the Rams DLine depth...they will wait for the cut rather than trade.
If teams that have a good feel for the situation and really need help with their pass rush feel like their guy is going to be taken higher on the waiver wire than their pick, it's not unheard of to throw a future late round pick at the team to make sure that they get their guy.

RamWoodie

Legend
If teams that have a good feel for the situation and really need help with their pass rush feel like their guy is going to be taken higher on the waiver wire than their pick, it's not unheard of to throw a future late round pick at the team to make sure that they get their guy.
Yeah...well you show me the last time a team traded for a 7th rounder or undrafted pick before the season started.

the zohan

Rookie
Name
Macker
If a team is loaded at say LB but needs depth at DE and were going to cut a LB that the Rams wanted and said team wanted Sam, why wouldn't they trade?

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Both have shown enough to stick so trading a veteran for a draft pick and some cap space is the way that you get ahead in the NFL.
Add in a liberal dose of cheating and you have the Pats!

jjab360

Legend
Yeah...well you show me the last time a team traded for a 7th rounder or undrafted pick before the season started.

Sure, 3 days ago the Broncos traded a conditional 7th round pick for UDFA K Brandon McManus. The reason they traded for him when they could've just picked him up on waivers? Well like I just said...
Presumably, the Broncos figured some team ahead of them in the waiver priority order would claim McManus, so they thought it was worth it to give something up to acquire him.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-kicker-brandon-mcmanus-in-trade-with-giants/