Woman who accused Jameis Winston of rape files suit

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's a sad state of affairs when a women says she was raped, the accused is deemed innocent until proven guilty while the accuser is a liar until proven otherwise

Is that what happened here though? Seems like the opposite of that to me. Winston was torn apart in the media and the public opinion is that he's a rapist. That's despite the State opting not to prosecute due to lack of evidence and a former Chief Justice of the Florida Supreme Court finding in his favor under the preponderance of the evidence standard in a Student Conduct Hearing.

And that's also despite so much information being online which certainly raises the type of doubts that would cause a prosecutor to not pursue the case.

It seems to me that Winston has been deemed guilty until declared innocent by the courts.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Well Fuck me! I apologise for attempting to make a funny I have no idea about this case other than she filed it suspiciously late if Winston gets convicted I hope they gun him down but I got a sneaky suspicion that this woman is seeing dollar signs in here eyes with Winston about to be the #1 draft pick but I could be totally wrong. None of us know but Fuck I would hope my rams brothers could take a joke that may very well be true. I'm sorry if I offended anyone. I'm drunk (though I wasn't when I posted the video) and I'm signing off for the night. Love all you guys no matter what we are rams brothers for life...... Peace eout.

Last edited:

thehammer

Rookie
She eventually ended up in a cab with Winston and two of his teammates, Chris Casher and Ronald Darby. Back at Winston and Casher's apartment, she says that Winston took her into his bedroom, removed her clothes, and raped her despite her protests. While Winston had her on the bed, the suit says, Darby and Casher were watching, with Casher filming part of it. The Tallahassee Police Department (TPD) did not interview Casher until November 2013 and by that time he said he had deleted the video and gotten rid of the phone.
The complaint adds a new wrinkle to this story: "Darby also entered the room but told Winston, 'Dude, she is telling you to stop,'" it reads. In response, Kinsman says, "Winston picked her up in a fireman's carry, walked her into his bathroom, deposited her onto the hard floor, and locked the door." Kinsman says that Darby then left. For the first time ever, we learn that "the next day, [Darby] posted to his Facebook page 'I feel the worst I almost felt in my life Smh #stupid.'"

On the same day in November 2013 that the TPD publicly released a heavily redacted version of the initial police report, Casher and Darby, at the behest of Winston's lawyer and before police could interview them, drafted affidavits of what they remembered from that night 11 months earlier. In his affidavit, Darby said nothing about trying to stop Winston and instead swore that after Casher "walked in Jameis' room and the girl told Chris to get out," she then "got up [and] turned off the light and shut the bedroom door." Darby was was interviewed by the TPD 2 days after giving his affidavit. In that interview he did not say anything about intervening. Instead, he backed up what he said had sworn to two days earlier.

Kinsman reported the assault to the TPD with a couple of hours, the officer noting then that Kinsman "was having a hard time remembering what exactly happen [sic] and in what order they happen [sic]."

An hour later at the hospital, while getting a rape kit done, she told a TPD officer that Winston removed her clothes, raped her in the bedroom, was interrupted by "possibly the suspect's roommate" who told him to stop, and was then taken to the bathroom where Winston continued the assault. Later that same day, she went to the police station where she once again told her story to the TPD, both in a handwritten statement and verbally to a detective.

At the disciplinary hearing FSU held in December 2014, roughly two years after the night she first reported the assault, Kinsman again recounted this same series of events: Winston undressed her, raped her on the bed, she told him no, he was interrupted when his friend intervened, he took her to the bathroom, locked the door, she struggled, he pinned her down and covered her face, and then he raped her again.

Later, when asked by the judge overseeing the case about how Winston knew Kinsman was consenting, Winston said she did so "verbally and physically." When pressed to explain, he said, "Moaning is mostly physically. Well, moaning is physically. And verbally at that time, Your Honor."

In this new case, though, Kinsman is clearly going to bring up a second possible sexual assault case against Winston. She first introduced this case in the lawsuit she filed against FSU in January. It appears again in this one: "On October 25, 2013, Plaintiff's victim advocate at FSU informed her that a second woman had come forward and reported being sexually assaulted by Winston."

2 women have charged Winston raped them..2 members of Florida st office left no doubt they think Kinsmen was telling the truth and was raped by Winston BUT the police covered up the evidence...

all posters should read the long NY Times story about the coverup and watch the interview imbedded in the story..the Florida st female lawyer face in the interview was worth a thousand words

Winston bragged about having sex with women to reporters at the Manning camp and
was suspended AFTER the 1st rape accusation standing on a chair saying "f...k her in her c...t"

way beyond a he said, she said debate....
if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, its a duck....I have zero problem believing Winston is a serial rapist

Last edited:

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
all posters should read the long NY Times story about the coverup and watch the interview imbedded in the story..the Florida st female lawyer face in the interview was worth a thousand words
link please?

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
And then there were a hearing before a retired judge for the Student Conduct Hearing at FSU...and he found against the girl. But that hearing was outside the legal system so it doesn't matter.
honestly, how much does anyone here trust the integrity of the FSU Hearing process? Lot's of unstated interests going on behind the scenes in that one, and lots of money in college football.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
honestly, how much does anyone here trust the integrity of the FSU Hearing process? Lot's of unstated interests going on behind the scenes in that one, and lots of money in college football.

I'm not going to question it. It was a retired Florida Supreme Court Justice...a guy like that isn't going to risk his reputation for FSU's sake.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
I'm not going to question it. It was a retired Florida Supreme Court Justice...a guy like that isn't going to risk his reputation for FSU's sake.
By we have no idea what the evidentiary process was like, or what this former SCJ heard. And why would a former SCJ even participate in such a hearing. Seems just like the act of participation is a hit to his credibility.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I agree. Lighten up everyone.

I don't see anyone suggesting rape or a rape allegation isn't a very serious thing.

The fact is; the facts are murky from what we know.

Is Winston a pig?

Are her motives less than genuine?

I have no idea... And I am not responsible to decide who is telling the truth. But I believe the system gets these things right almost all the time so I defer to due process.

I also know this: ROD is a fan forum and opinions are respected when conveyed within the rules. Let's not pretend everyone is perfect every day in how they express their thoughts.

Participate here enough and you'll see plenty of examples where my opinion or humour misses the mark with some people.
Well said. And I highly doubt RamsJunkie was making light of rape with his post. Let's not try to force a PC agenda on a football forum.