With the first 2014 NFL Mock Draft, Memento selects...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Flash

UDFA
That's not what I've heard from Browns fans on other boards, but whatever. Also, I'm wondering who you think the guy we want is because there's a pretty large pool of blue chip players this year and they could all be impact players for the Rams, assuming we don't trade down too far.
Not sure what Browns board you are frequenting but it is a large majority that want to stand pat and see no reason to trade up. It is pretty unanimous to call the Rams bluff and let the draft come to us. There is a large pool of blue chip players that could be impact players for us as well. I would be fine taking Watkins at 4 if Bridgewater or Bortles are gone and am fine trading down as well. Stop by if you would like. http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=149&f=4409&t=12665347

If I were the Rams, these are players I would be targeting in Round one depending on if you stay at 2(which you should) or move down with another team behind us. :cool:

Bridgewater
Mathews
Robinson
Watkins
Clowney
Evans
Pryor
Haha Dix

Last edited:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I won't be shocked but find that scenario highly unlikely. There will be one and maybe two QBs there for the taking. If for some reason they go 1, 2, 3..chances are you guys will be SOL on the player you want and we will go with Hoyer and Carr, Mettenberger, McCarron, Garappolo, etc. and allow them to sit while more than likely dealing the rights to the guy you want away as well and possibly twice depending on how far you trade down.

I think we'll end up being okay.

I'm hearing from other Browns fans that there's a rumor that Lombardi is being demoted and Farmer is taking over as GM?

Flash

UDFA
I think we'll end up being okay.

I'm hearing from other Browns fans that there's a rumor that Lombardi is being demoted and Farmer is taking over as GM?
That is the rumor. There is a guy on twitter @concede that sometimes gets an early scoop on things.. for instance, the Haden suspension, Phil Taylor injury, etc. Sometimes he is right and sometimes he is wrong so we shall see.

Are the Rams considering dumping Bradford? What are your thoughts on him?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That is the rumor. There is a guy on twitter @concede that sometimes gets an early scoop on things.. for instance, the Haden suspension, Phil Taylor injury, etc. Sometimes he is right and sometimes he is wrong so we shall see.

Are the Rams considering dumping Bradford? What are your thoughts on him?

Nope. He's our starting QB next year.

Flash

UDFA
Nope. He's our starting QB next year.
Hope he can make it a full season for you guys so you can either move on or see if he can be good to go forward with. Realistically this would be a perfect year for you guys to take a QB unless you think you will be in the top of the draft again. You could even trade up with Houston and get the guy you want and let him sit for a year and be a huge upgrade over Clemons if Bradford gets hurt yet again.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hope he can make it a full season for you guys so you can either move on or see if he can be good to go forward with. Realistically this would be a perfect year for you guys to take a QB unless you think you will be in the top of the draft again. You could even trade up with Houston and get the guy you want and let him sit for a year and be a huge upgrade over Clemons if Bradford gets hurt yet again.

Why would we trade up with Houston? Only QB I'd consider taking is Bridgewater. Regardless, Rams are sticking by Bradford and it's the right move.

Flash

UDFA
Why would we trade up with Houston? Only QB I'd consider taking is Bridgewater. Regardless, Rams are sticking by Bradford and it's the right move.
You would trade up to take Bridgewater. What happens if Bradford stays healthy and lays an egg this year, are you going to pay him 15 million or whatever to come back in 2015? Why..when you can have Bridgewater ready to roll with a year under his belt and have the option of trading him or Bradford depending on his production and health.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You would trade up to take Bridgewater. What happens if Bradford stays healthy and lays an egg this year, are you going to pay him 15 million or whatever to come back in 2015? Why..when you can have Bridgewater ready to roll with a year under his belt and have the option of trading him or Bradford depending on his production and health.

No, I would not. And I would not draft Bridgewater to back up Bradford. If Bradford lays an egg(not going to happen), the Rams will draft a QB in 2015. But Bradford won't lay an egg. The worst realistic scenarios are that he is only average again or that he gets hurt.

Flash

UDFA
No, I would not. And I would not draft Bridgewater to back up Bradford. If Bradford lays an egg(not going to happen), the Rams will draft a QB in 2015. But Bradford won't lay an egg. The worst realistic scenarios are that he is only average again or that he gets hurt.
Okay,so if he does average or gets hurt you are going to pay Bradford 15 million and sign guys like Quinn, etc., to extensions and draft a QB? Do you plan on being at the top of the draft again to draft this QB or do you think you will be able to get another Franchise type QB later in the draft?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Okay,so if he does average or gets hurt you are going to pay Bradford 15 million and sign guys like Quinn, etc., to extensions too and draft a QB? Do you plan on being at the top of the draft again to draft this QB or do you think you will be able to get another Franchise type QB later in the draft?

No. I am going to cut Bradford and move on or give him the option to take a significant pay-cut to be the bridge QB for our future. But signing Quinn has nothing to do with that. There will be ample space to sign Quinn regardless of what the Rams do with Bradford.

I will do what I have to in order to get a franchise QB when I felt it was time.

Of course, I'm not the Rams GM.

Flash

UDFA
You guys have like $617,000 right now and a lot of young guys that will need new contracts. If you have to cut Wells and Dahl and lose Saffold or Williams to free agency the chance of keeping Bradford on the field decrease. That is potentially 4 new starters along the offensive line and one coming off a major knee injury. I just don't see the ample space.

1. QB Sam Bradford - $17,610,000
2. DE Chris Long - $14,900,000
3. LB James Laurinaitis - $10,400,000
4. CB Cortland Finnegan - $10,000,000
5. OT Jake Long - $9,250,000
6. TE Jared Cook - $7,000,000
7. C Scott Wells - $6,500,000
8. DE Kendall Langord - $6,000,000
9. G Harvey Dahl - $4,000,000
10. DE William Hayes - $3,845,000

The Rams are likely going to be able to clear a decent amount of cap space with some releases. Releasing Harvey Dahl would clear $4 million with no dead money. Cortland Finnegan could clear out $4 million as well, but leave $6 million in dead money. Scott Wells could clear out another $4.5 million. Of course, unloading Dahl and Wells clears out two starters on the offensive line, with two more (Saffold and Williams) up for free agency.

http://www.ninersnation.com/2014/2/6/5386192/rams-salary-cap-2014-sam-bradford-contract-robert-quinn

Last edited:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not meaning to come off as a jerk or disrespect you but I'm quite aware of our cap situation this year and in the next few years in the future. And that's not potentially 4 new starters because both our starting OTs return. And again, I'm quite aware of the OL situation. You're not telling me anything I don't already know. And yet you have my answer.

Flash

UDFA
Not meaning to come off as a jerk or disrespect you but I'm quite aware of our cap situation this year and in the next few years in the future. And that's not potentially 4 new starters because both our starting OTs return. And again, I'm quite aware of the OL situation. You're not telling me anything I don't already know. And yet you have my answer.
I guess this brings us back to the draft. :) Who do you guys select at 2?

ausmurp

Starter
Nothing is known about the draft, but I highly doubt we get all that in trade. Browns will never give that much up to move up just 2 spots, no team would. The odds of QB going 1,2,3 aren't good either, which just helps the Browns in a trade because one of the QBs will fall to 4. I don't think in the history of the draft, QBs have gone 1,2,3...

Wonderboy

Rookie
Isn't it so much more fun knowing that the Rams will wheel and deal on draft day unlike previous regimes. It truly means that anything and any player is in play!

laramsoriginal

Starter
I think im gonna try a mock draft in the crazy scenario the rams decide to go against their word and cut sam Bradford this off-season

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I guess this brings us back to the draft. :) Who do you guys select at 2?
Is this Flash guy Old Larry? The Rams resident troll from RRF's? I remember his love for Pat Shurmur and his strange infatuation with comparing Rams success to the Browns'.