With the #10 pick in the Draft YOU select ???

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

paceram

Pro Bowler
Just curious if you were selecting for the Rams these past few days who would you have chosen for their #10 pick. I am NOT trying to outguess the Rams but just curious who other Ram fans preferred as their top choice.

Personally, I would had gone with Parker (A slight not over Peat) but I am very excited about the possibilities of having a healthy Todd Gurley on the Rams Offense this season (And, hopefully, many more seasons in the future!)!

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I probably would have drafted Davonte Parker, but if the Rams feel that Gurley is a once in a decade talent that slipped because of an injury that is healing then I'll defer to their better judgment.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
Gurley, most likely to be elite player in the draft. I could understand a WR, but I absolutely don't select an OL (unless Collins wasn't messed up in this murder stuff, then I would have been tempted).

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Peat for sure. Wanted who the Redskins got, but would have taken Peat with who was left on the board. I would have moved GRob back to LG, which is definitely a minority view I'd wager.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I think the Rams got the right guy.

Granted, I am conflicted due to his injury and the fact our depth was good to begin with. And... I'm not a fan of RB's early.

However; Gurley has that "look" of being a special back. If he delivers on that promise he makes this offense dangerous, much like Faulk did for the GSOT. There was nobody at 10 that could do that.

Personally; I liked Parker too, but by passing on him seems an endorsement of Quick. And... That's music to my ears.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
I think the lack of depth of players with 1st round grades limited the amount teams in the top 15 were wanting to move back. I think there would have been a steep price to move up to get Cooper or Williams. Honestly at 10, Gurley is the best player available. He seems to be progressing well. He's on 20!!!!! He's also a darn good hurdler. With who was available, I think it's a no brainer to pick Gurley.

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
Peat for sure. Wanted who the Redskins got, but would have taken Peat with who was left on the board. I would have moved GRob back to LG, which is definitely a minority view I'd wager.

I also would have chose Peat, but I'm all for the Gurley pick.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Someone completely out of left field. Just to see the epic reactions.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Considering the way the 1st round fell, I'm happy with Gurley!
But If not him Parker - Peat - or Erving!

Ram65

Legend
Agree Gurley will be An Offensive Weapon for the Rams.
I think the lack of depth of players with 1st round grades limited the amount teams in the top 15 were wanting to move back. I think there would have been a steep price to move up to get Cooper or Williams. Honestly at 10, Gurley is the best player available. He seems to be progressing well. He's on 20!!!!! He's also a darn good hurdler. With who was available, I think it's a no brainer to pick Gurley.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
My initial thought would be to pick O-Line (but I couldn't get visions of Jason Smith out of my head,) but I would have taken Peat. However, I am good with Gurley.

Looking at his hi-light tape and having watched him on TV over the past couple years, I always thought he reminded me of Adrian Peterson. Very physical, does not shy away from contact and once he gets into the open he rarely gets caught. The key is for the coaches not to rush him into the season until his knee is 150% better. I would hold him back until maybe the last preseason game before he gets any real touches. If, and I know for some its a big if, we can get the O-Line to gel quickly, we will have a two-headed running attack that will punish opposing teams. This will help our passing game so much because teams will be forced to drop a safety down and try to slow down the running game, which should open the passing game for Foles and the receiving corps. The run game will develop our passing game. Teams will have to respect our running attack or we might beat them to a bloody pulp. Try to shut down the run and we will play-action their ass with the passing game.

Boudreau has a bunch of work ahead the next three months before camp starts, but I'm confident he will find the right combination to develop an exceptional O-Line. We also need to remember, our O-Line will be going against the best D-Line, and a strong front-7 each practice. So, I really think they will be prepared once the regular season starts. Baptism by fire for the young guys. They just need to step up and play!

Last edited:

WvuIN02

Starter
Bud Dupree or Trae Waynes I feel would have been more beneficial to the team. Dupree I think in 2 years when he gets coached up will be the most dominant player on either side of the ball from this draft class. He's one of the most freakish athletes I have ever seen and he doesnt even really know what he's doing yet.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I wanted Peat or Parker, but I'm not going to complain about Gurley. Not when he was easily the best pick in this draft.