With Dunbar Out

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
And on the last year of his contract, this is an amazing chance for a guy like Ray Ray Armstrong and Sammy Brown to prove themselves. I thought Ray Ray looked like a beast. If nothin else, Spoon fills in and does a good job, but I would l would love to see a young guy grab this chance!

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I hope so

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Nobody will provide what Dunbar would have through the first four games.

Dummy. That's almost a half mil fuck up on his part and he just weakened the team.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I think Ray Ray can bring the swag.....can't a man be excited?

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
X said:

Dummy. That's almost a half mil fuck up on his part and he just weakened the team.
Yes he did. What should have been a strength after a few games...getting Ogle's assimilated, now we are looking at another vet, Spoon, without Dunbar's skill set, or youth. Or you have another young pup in there, which, IMO would spell disaster.

I'm OK with working Ray-Ray, Brown, Bates, Williams in there, but don't want them to be full-time starters at this point.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
X said:

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Agreed. Jo-lonn Dumbar. I said it the day we signed Spoon. This signing is bigger than most think...

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Not quite understanding the latest living legend status that is known as Ray Ray Armstrong. He is getting reps with the 2nd Unit ONLY because Jabara Williams is out with a leg injury. Armstrong is extremely undersized, at 225 lbs, is learning a new position on the fly.

Yes he is athletic, and yes, he WILL be one of the core Special Team players, (assuming he learns how to play CONTAIN on the PUNT COVERAGE TEAM).

But before we anoint him the answer to all of our prayers as an OLB, lets see him actually take on a block and not run around it ALL THE TIME.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
El Juggernauto said:
And on the last year of his contract, this is an amazing chance for a guy like Ray Ray Armstrong and Sammy Brown to prove themselves. I thought Ray Ray looked like a beast. If nothin else, Spoon fills in and does a good job, but I would l would love to see a young guy grab this chance!

Sammy Brown will NOT prove himself anytime soon at LB. First, he is in a walking boot fro a calf injury he reinjured last week trying to come back too soon. Second and more to the point, he is NOW a DE. (not an OLB)

AS to Ray Ray,, see my above comments....

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Wow dude, ur about as negative and depressing as I've seen on this board. Did you happen to watch R.Armstrong play last week? He looks good. I'm sure he is over 225 with the way he looks. as far as Brown goes, he is practicing DE because of the LB depth. To think they wouldn't bring him back to see what happens is over shooting I think. But your observation of Armstrong, in my opinion is unfair and just not true. The kid played great in my opinion. Only time will tell, but I think your off the mark here.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Dunbar really hurt himself big time.

He's a high risk signing now. If a team signs him and he gets another suspension he's useless.

If the Rams bring him back next year it won't be for much money and they will be phasing him out. They will be hoping for one of the kids to step up or they will out draft Dunbar.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
CoachO said:
Not quite understanding the latest living legend status that is known as Ray Ray Armstrong. He is getting reps with the 2nd Unit ONLY because Jabara Williams is out with a leg injury. Armstrong is extremely undersized, at 225 lbs, is learning a new position on the fly.

Yes he is athletic, and yes, he WILL be one of the core Special Team players, (assuming he learns how to play CONTAIN on the PUNT COVERAGE TEAM).

But before we anoint him the answer to all of our prayers as an OLB, lets see him actually take on a block and not run around it ALL THE TIME.
But CoachO, don't you know Ray-Ray is from the
www.leesburgyellowjacketsfootball.com_2013_Jackets_In_College_D_Muari_Jones_University_of_Miami_8-221x145.jpg

You are just not paying attention.... :hehe:

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
El Juggernauto said:
Wow dude, ur about as negative and depressing as I've seen on this board. Did you happen to watch R.Armstrong play last week? He looks good. I'm sure he is over 225 with the way he looks. as far as Brown goes, he is practicing DE because of the LB depth. To think they wouldn't bring him back to see what happens is over shooting I think. But your observation of Armstrong, in my opinion is unfair and just not true. The kid played great in my opinion. Only time will tell, but I think your off the mark here.

I'll wait and see. Coach knows what he's talking about and has been at almost every practice (if not every).

I actually thought Jabara was going to be good a couple years ago and then he was released. Good think we got spoon though. I agree with X, I don't think anyone can bring what Dunbar does.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
El Juggernauto said:

Sorry if we disagree. I have watched EVERY practice throughout Training Camp, so I a basing my opinion on more than what he did in ONE PRESEASON GAME.

I have said from day one, I think he makes the roster, as an ATHLETE, who can play and WILL play on Special Teams.

Just not all that excited about him as an OLB.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
its fine that we disagree, but ask someone how well Iverson practiced. The guy was a stud when it counted. I havent seen the reps you have, but i am a guy who doesnt put a whole lot of stock in practice.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
i can tell you this...i sure as hell hope im right and ur wrong

CoachO

Hall of Fame
bwdenverram said:
El Juggernauto said:

I'll wait and see. Coach knows what he's talking about and has been at almost every practice (if not every).

I actually thought Jabara was going to be good a couple years ago and then he was released. Good think we got spoon though. I agree with X, I don't think anyone can bring what Dunbar does.

Jabara was released by a Coaching Staff who was under the gun, and went away from any younger players in favor of the likes of Ben Leber, Brady Poppinga, and Bryan Kehl ( a former NY Giant connection).

Not saying Jabara Williams is the answer either, but I think he beings more the to position than someone who is trying to learn a new position on the fly.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
El Juggernauto said:

IF you say so!!!

I don't care one way or another, if he ends up being the better player, great. This has never been about being right or wrong for me. I just pass on my observations based on seeing it firsthand, I don't root for any particular player over another.

Just want to try to see what they coaches see, and make sense of it as I see it develop.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
El Juggernauto said:
This is my take: I think that we will go with Spoon, who was on the field the same time as Ray-Ray. Ray-Ray was backing Ogletree up, not Dunbar. Our coaches knew this was coming, so if they wanted him to play there, he would be there, on the SAM side.

I'm excited about him too, but he has a ways to go. I think he will make the team, play ST's, and MIGHT get in on a few packages against read-option teams. Next year, will be Ray-Ray's time, IMO. Looking forward to his next preseason game, but also looking forward to see some new faces that haven't practiced yet.