With CB taken care of....

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
....any chance McVay intends to continue to fix D with FA, and then be in position to possibly move up a few spots to take his future LT in McGlinchy even if it means a red shirt year behind Whitworth. Probably would make McGlinchy a better player learning for a season behind Whitworth. Both are similar in stature and skill set. And McVay knows how important having a franchise LT to pair up with his young QB would be.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
O line depth is something we have to address. Maybe that's what all of those 6th rounders are for. Draft a couple of high ceiling DII guys and develop.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
O line depth is something we have to address. Maybe that's what all of those 6th rounders are for. Draft a couple of high ceiling DII guys and develop.

Jrry has put a few in his mocks. The one I like best is Toth. He looked very good at the Senior Bowl, but has a two year Military commitment. Hopefully he doesn't go any higher, but Sixth rounders aren't usually productive starters. Many GMs and coaches want immediate impact. Keep your fingers crossed.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think now with so many late day picks that could be used to move up into rd 5 or use 4's to get 3s, that they could now move up in round 1 as well by moving the 3 they have if the right player is there.

However since some of these moves are not long term solutions like Talib and possibly Shields, I still would prefer a move back and get an extra 3, which you can then maybe use to move up into round 2 for a targeted player using sone of those late rounders.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Honestly I don't think we can rule anything out. If there's a guy who they're comfortable with being a swing tackle for a year while he sits behind Whitworth and is a clear successor then yes I think they could pick him at 23. I think guys like Wynn and Hernandez if there at 23 would be an upgrade over Brown and/or insurance for Rodger and Brown staying healthy add to that both are free agents after next year. It makes sense in a way to take Saffolds successor as well as Whit's since they are obviously shedding cap do it at Guard as well. This draft is going to be fun to watch! Glad I'm on vacation.

Todd59

Rookie
I'd love for them to pick up a thumper ILB in free agency if the right one is available. But then concentrate on re-signing our own. Sullivan, McQuaide, and Robey-Coleman especially. Everything else can be finished during/after the draft. I'd say a pass rusher at #23, O-line and LB Depth after that

BadCompany

Rookie
....any chance McVay intends to continue to fix D with FA, and then be in position to possibly move up a few spots to take his future LT in McGlinchy even if it means a red shirt year behind Whitworth. Probably would make McGlinchy a better player learning for a season behind Whitworth. Both are similar in stature and skill set. And McVay knows how important having a franchise LT to pair up with his young QB would be.

I'd be cool with that. I haven't done the research, but I'm assuming most of the good LTs were high-ish draft picks? Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. I think the idea of "coaching up 6th rounders", while nice in theory, probably doesn't work all that well in reality. Sure, coaching helps - but you gotta have talent too.

So drafting our future LT in the first round - even though we have other needs - would be okay by me. He can be first off the bench as a guard, or RT, if need be, all while learning behind Whitworth.