With Bradford at side, Fisher tells fans:"Sam's our guy/PD

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Slappy967

Starter
Now give this dude something to work with! Mayock just mocked us Robinson at 2 and O dell Beckham at 13 which would be a pretty solid get for Sammy. Now if we can just draft him an Offensive Coordinator in the late rounds.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
They are in a hiring frenzy right now.
I'll get with you on that. Thing is i hear that it's only part-time to start at the DC and it takes an eternity to get full-time,drive and get a route.

We'll be in touch. I don't want to ruin a good thread talking about employment :LOL:

PhxRam

I'll get with you on that. Thing is i hear that it's only part-time to start at the DC and it takes an eternity to get full-time,drive and get a route.

We'll be in touch. I don't want to ruin a good thread talking about employment :LOL:

you going to swing by this weekend?

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
You're the boss.

Although I will point out that others have mentioned bashers lately... and there certainly are some around here who, while I wouldn't call them bashers, have an alternate interpretation of Sam, and are looking for evidence to fit that viewpoint.

But I didn't mean to be starting nothing, so I apologize.

Everyone has differentiating interpretations and opinions on a lot of things here. Just like fanatics of sports teams all over the world. The difference is people here respect each others opinions. Also, while things may get heated at times no one ever puts down any poster undeservingly (is that a word? Idk?). Anyway, while I think you'll find some that don't like Bradford as much as others, I don't think anyone here will "bash" him or any other player unjustly. I mean, regardless what you think of him as a player, he's a stand up guy and prepares and plays harder than anyone on the team. He wants to win, and he's doing everything in his ability to help the team win. EVERYONE here respects that, and can see that.

I personally think Bradford can be a damn good QB, and could've been on his way there last year if he didn't get hurt. He was amazing in that Carolina game, and we've obviously seen what he's capable of throughout his short career here with little around him and all the other issues. The problem is he's hurt (again), still doesn't really have the greatest supporting cast around him, and he holds a shit load of our salary cap. Something that doesn't bother me as much as the others because he is our franchise QB but it is what it is.

Do I think Sam could have a career year here with a 3rd year in the system, younger players maturing around him, and whatever help we get him in the draft? ABSOLUTELY 100% YES.

The reason I'm posting all this, and I know you didn't direct your post at me specifically, but I've obviously been posting all the Manziel shit lately and your relatively new... 1st of all, before anything, I'm pretty much a shit head on here 90% of the time and try not to take this shit too seriously even though I'm a huge Ram fan. It is an internet message board, and we're all fans. Nothing we say has any actual effect on what happens to the team. That said I also do like Manziel. The Rams arent' going to go out and draft him just because I said that though. When it comes to the draft I find players I like, and I talk about them. Regardless if it makes much sense for them to be on the Rams or not. Before we completed the Skins trade, I kind of wanted us to draft RG3 and hold someone hostage because of how good of an athlete he was. Obviously ridiculous, but something I'm posting on a internet forum as a fan.

With the Manziel situation, I do think he's a good player. In the right system/team I think he could shine right away. Do I think it's plausible that the Rams actually do draft him? No. Do I think this is the team or co-coordinator that he would have a great chance succeeding under? Eh, maybe, but most likely no, maybe, idk. However, if the Rams thought different, and did think it was the right move to draft him I wouldn't be pissed. I wouldn't be mad at those that would be though for obvious reasons.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
In the end I am a fan of the Rams, and the Rams winning no matter what.

And yes, it would be nice if Sam, and every player on the roster right now could be a part of that once it all is said and done.

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
Pics from Michael Silver ‏@MikeSilver
BnEknMbIUAAQSEe.jpg

GM of the Rams and married to Kara Henderson....I want to be Les Snead in my next life.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
one of the highlights of the night came close to the beginning of the evening. They had Head Trainer Reggie Scot come out and showed exclusive video documenting a timeline of Bradford's rehab. Showed various workouts and Reggie commented on when in the process the video was taken, including video as recent as YESTERDAY, throwing on the practice field to receivers, all from 5 and 7 step drops. Fisher commented on Bradford being ready to participate in OTA's and not missing any training camp.

Bradford looks thicker and much stronger. Upper body is noticeably bigger. Say what you want about his on field play, you either get it or you don't, but no one can question his commitment, and his work ethic. All signs of LEADERSHIP if you ask me.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
one of the highlights of the night came close to the beginning of the evening. They had Head Trainer Reggie Scot come out and showed exclusive video documenting a timeline of Bradford's rehab. Showed various workouts and Reggie commented on when in the process the video was taken, including video as recent as YESTERDAY, throwing on the practice field to receivers, all from 5 and 7 step drops. Fisher commented on Bradford being ready to participate in OTA's and not missing any training camp.

Bradford looks thicker and much stronger. Upper body is noticeably bigger. Say what you want about his on field play, you either get it or you don't, but no one can question his commitment, and his work ethic. All signs of LEADERSHIP if you ask me.
Awesome. Thanks Coach.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing

Is there perhaps a link to this video, if it's online?

RamsOfCastamere

And cue the Sam bashers insisting that Bradford demanded such a thing to soothe his overly sensitive ego, and we're all fools for believing anything said before the draft...

Ahh, Fisher and Snead. They're just some of Bradford's bobos.

RamsOfCastamere

Haha I checked PD just to see how they would react, and some still believe it is a smokescreen, that they had to say that since Bradford was at the event.

head-up-ass.jpg

Username

Has a Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing. I wish I still had time to go to this shit. :(:mad:

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Fisher loves a QB that doesn't turn the ball over much, in his ball control scheme. That's one reason he loves Bradford so much. The guy is smart with the ball.

PhxRam

Thanks for the post coach.. Great to hear Bradford has beefed up some.

RamzFanz

Damnit
With Bradford at side, Fisher tells fans: "Sam's our guy."

• By Jim Thomas

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/foot...e-9238-a3dfe2c42cf3.html#.U2rTpC5SNGs.twitter

So much for all those Johnny Manziel to the Rams rumors. During a pre-draft event Wednesday night for Rams season-ticket holders, coach Jeff Fisher told a crowd of about 2,000 crammed into the team's indoor practice facility that "Sam's our guy."

That statement in itself was one thing. We've heard that many times before. But adding oomph to those words was this simple fact: quarterback Sam Bradford was standing right next to Fisher on stage at the time, with a huge shot of Bradford behind them on a video screen.

Show of hands. Anybody still think Bradford is getting traded? Seems pretty safe to scratch one smokescreen off the list.

OMG! Don't you see it!

Why would they blow away the smoke screen the day before the draft if they wanted to trade down?!

Every QB needy team just said, whew.

They are trading up or taking Watkins or know that Clowney is falling.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Fisher loves a QB that doesn't turn the ball over much, in his ball control scheme. That's one reason he loves Bradford so much. The guy is smart with the ball.

Yeah they like guys who are smart with the ball. They like how Sam tucks it tight when he uns and checks it down when the play is not there, unlike Manzeil that carries the ball like he is teasing a puppy with a dog biscuit and doesn't know what a check down is. McCarron is more of a play it safe guy.

RamBill

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Once more, with feeling: "Sam's our guy"
By Jim Thomas

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/foot...cle_ad902a6c-8577-5d63-a066-ae918c59adde.html

At long last, the finish line is in sight for this marathon otherwise known as the NFL draft. Tonight the smoke clears and rumor becomes reality.

Locally, a lot of the smokescreen cleared up Wednesday night at Rams Park. The Rams held their annual pre-draft event for season-ticket holders, and about 2,000 fans jammed their way into the team’s indoor practice facility to hear coach Jeff Fisher and general manager Les Snead.

During the course of the evening, Fisher got up on stage and told the crowd: “Sam’s our guy.”

Yes, we’ve heard that before. But here’s the difference: Quarterback Sam Bradford was standing right next to Fisher when he made that statement, and there was a huge photo of Sam behind them on a video screen.

The crowd responded with a standing ovation, and even the normally stoic Bradford couldn’t help but smile. Those in attendance were given an update on Bradford’s rehab, and Bradford appeared to be bigger and stronger in the upper body.

So that settles that. So much for Bradford getting traded. So much for those rumors involving the Rams drafting quarterback Johnny Manziel of Texas A&M. You don’t bring Bradford up on stage, and say what Fisher said, if either of the above were going to happen.

Bradford, by the way, was informed about the Manziel smokescreen by the Rams before the fact, according to league sources.

Wednesday’s developments don’t mean that the Rams won’t strongly consider drafting a quarterback at some point in the draft — that has been the plan all along. It’s just not going to happen in the first round. (And probably not the second.)

Otherwise, Wednesday was a relatively quiet day at Rams Park. The day was spent going over possibilities, fine-tuning the draft board and finalizing the “game plan” for tonight, Friday and Saturday.

“Right now we’ve got the scouts in,” general manager Les Snead said during the Rams’ pre-draft news conference earlier in the week. “We’ve been meeting with those guys somewhat individually.

“They’ve smelled the guys and felt the guys (in a figurative sense) more than anybody else in the building. We kind of get their thoughts. We’re meeting again with the coaching staff, talking scheme fits.”

And of course there were texts and phone calls throughout the day to other NFL teams. Ideally, the Rams’ would like to trade down a few spots from No. 2 overall and pick up an extra second-round pick and more.

There were conversations with several teams by the Rams on Wednesday, but nothing earth-shattering. Or as Snead would put it, the flirting continued. Whether the flirting turns into a prom date depends on Houston, which has the No. 1 overall pick.

If Houston takes South Carolina defensive end Jadeveon Clowney, as widely expected, even the flirting should stop. There just doesn’t seem to be an overwhelming demand for any of the top quarterbacks — Manziel included — at the top of this draft.

Even with plenty of quarterback-needy teams in the top 10, it has been difficult to drum up interest in having someone trade up to the No. 2 spot for a QB — try as the Rams might by, uh, encouraging the Manziel rumors.

But if Houston does the unexpected and doesn’t take Clowney, the Rams will be in a good spot. They can either take Clowney — and they like him very much — and add another menacing force to their already potent pass rush, or they can trade down for extra picks to somebody who wants Clowney. (Namely Atlanta.)

“What’s Houston gonna do?” Snead said. “I think that’s why we’ve always said this stuff may really come down to (the Texans) make the pick, and you’ve got 10 minutes.”

Teams are allowed 10 minutes to make their selection in the first round.

Obviously, one phone call can change everything, but it still seems most likely that the Rams get “stuck” at No. 2 and make their pick. This year in particular, it’s not a bad place to get stuck.

It’s said to be a “six- or seven-player draft,” meaning that six or seven elite players are clearly above the rest. While acknowledging that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, most scouts, veteran agents, and team officials contacted by the Post-Dispatch include Clowney, Buffalo linebacker Khalil Mack, Clemson wide receiver Sammy Watkins and offensive tackles Greg Robinson (Auburn), Jake Matthews (Texas A&M) and Taylor Lewan (Michigan) in that group.

That’s six players. If you add a seventh, it’s Texas A&M wide receiver Mike Evans.

Mack is an intriguing prospect because of his edge-rush skills, but it’s questionable if he’s a scheme fit in the 4-3 base defense of coordinator Gregg Williams.

There’s no doubt Watkins and Evans (to a slightly lesser degree) have the potential to be No. 1 wide receivers, and very good ones at that. But it appears doubtful the Rams will take a wide receiver at No. 2 after investing so heavily in the position over the past two seasons.

That brings it down to the offensive tackles, with Lewan probably not being in play at No. 2. So then it becomes a matter of taking the more polished and game-ready Matthews, or the raw but extremely athletic Robinson.

The Post-Dispatch answer to that vexing question can be found in our annual mock draft — Robinson in a very close call.

How the Rams feel about Matthews or Robinson won’t be known until shortly after 7 p.m.

But on Wednesday night, the Rams let everyone know how they felt about Bradford.
NFL DRAFT SCHEDULE

Rams select at Nos. 2 and 13 in the first round.

TODAY

Round 1

7-10:30 p.m.

ESPN

NFL Network

FRIDAY

Rounds 2-3

6-10:30 p.m.

ESPN (switches to ESPN2 at 7 p.m.)

NFL Network

SATURDAY

Rounds 4-7

11 a.m.-7 p.m.

ESPN

NFL Network

INSIDE: NFL MOCK DRAFT • B5

Writers from each NFL city make the pick for the team they cover.

ON OUR RAMS APP

Download our Rams app for complete draft coverage. stltoday.com/apps. Tonight's draft coverage includes:

• Live chat with Jeff Gordon during the draft

• Instant analysis from Bernie Miklasz

• Round-by-round picks

• Live updates from around the league

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
“They’ve smelled the guys and felt the guys (in a figurative sense) more than anybody else in the building. We kind of get their thoughts. We’re meeting again with the coaching staff, talking scheme fits.”

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL Thanks for pointing that out JT. (y):D