With all of the coach firing....

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ljramsfan

Pro Bowler
Name
LJ
Interesting theory...

I think they fired these coaches to honor the Rooney Rule. IF you notice, all of the interim coaches are black. So they can get their coaches right away.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Slippery slope, be careful. Personally, I think it's just a coincidence.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I dunno. That's kind of an interesting take. Slippery slope indeed, but...... ?

ljramsfan

Pro Bowler
Name
LJ
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hell..I am black and not throwing the Race Card. Even the Fast Lane said this today...or was it Bernie's show. I cannot remember.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
ljramsfan said:
Hell..I am black and not throwing the Race Card. Even the Fast Lane said this today...or was it Bernie's show. I cannot remember.
Yeah, I know. And I know where your head's at. That rule has to be met regardless of the situation, so it might be a bit of a convenient coincidence if anything.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
ljramsfan said:
Wasn't accusing you of anything, the warning was meant for EVERYONE who decides to discuss. Football, politics, and race....yikes. Just don't want anyone getting offended. We have a hard time just discussing football nowadays. :sly:

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
Isnt it more awkward to interview black coaches and they know or suspect that your doing it because of the rule? Wasnt there a situation with Perry Fewell before he ended up as the Giants DC? Didnt he decline interviewing with a team because he thought they werent seriously considering him for the job?

This is an interesting theory. Do you basically look at it as a loophole for teams?