Winter Forecast: Refriger-Nation

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
It's gonna be in the mid-70s this weekend in Oklahoma. I can't freaking stand it when it's warm in cold weather months.

I need it to be like 20 degrees for the high. I love the cold.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
This was from last Winter , it was like that for three straight months

21below_zpsbd4a0a7a.jpg

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
It takes the body approximately two weeks to adjust to a severe climate change. I never used to mind it. I landscaped for 9 months in PA and then in January/February I would head to North Dakota/Minnesota. I loved my trips out there. It was a totally different lifestyle. My buddy and I would go Cross Country Skiing at midnight when the snow was crystalized. It was fantastic. But you do have to cover your skin when skiing at 20 below. I recall seeing construction crews building houses when the daily temp was zero degrees. Around here work would be suspended until the temperature rose.

One winter we drove up to Ely Minnesota. We decided to go Dogsledding for the first time. The owner of the dogs said business had been slow and said that we looked like we could hold our own and wondered if we would mind giving the dogs an extra long run, no extra charge. We were ecstatic! So instead of the usual touristy 1 hour jaunt across the frozen lake we took a woods trail for 2.5 hour! Man what a thrilling workout. Hoisting that sled over fallen trees and trying to keep up with the dogs in areas where we had to run behind to help the sled, then jump back on the sled for a bit when the trail evened out. The trail was barely wider than the sled. It was so beautiful in that forest. Toward the end we hit the hardpacked road. I had 5 dogs and couldn't believe how fast we were going. It was one of my fondest memories. I highly recommend it to anyone with a sound body.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Yeah, that's why I'm moving to a tweener state. Florida is stupid hot and humid almost year round, but I don't want to go somewhere that has ridiculously long and frigid winters either. Solution? Asheville North Carolina. And to be sure before buying, I've gone up there in July/August and in December/January.

Went to South Carolina for my buddies wedding around Mt. Pleasant not too long ago. Was their coldest week of the month at like 60-65 and people were wearing winter coats and shit haha. It was really nice. Had a blast, but didn't stay long enough to know if I'd actually enjoy it down there or not.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Went to South Carolina for my buddies wedding around Mt. Pleasant not too long ago. Was their coldest week of the month at like 60-65 and people were wearing winter coats and crap haha. It was really nice. Had a blast, but didn't stay long enough to know if I'd actually enjoy it down there or not.
South Carolina is North Carolina's bitch.

But it's still nice.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
You guys can just keep that below 50 degree weather all to yourselves. Along with all the dry air.

Keep all that shit North of I-10.

Thank you.