Winston Under the Microscope

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Investigation for receiving money for signed merchandise. Sounds like a troubled player.

Troubled players + Fisher = Rams!

Sounds like our kind of recipe, yes?

NoCoNite

ILoveGoffBalls
Name
ILoveGoffBalls
It'd be cool if this made him fall a round or 2, then I'd be ok taking a chance. The Rams would honestly make the biggest mistake not picking this years best line backer in the draft. With Austin playing solid, and Bradford maybe being able to rebound.
I don't see why we would draft a QB unless Davis ends this season in a fools gold fashion. I like the way Davis throws the ball, he floats the ball to the receivers, I felt like a lot of receivers didn't run great routes tonight. I might be bias bc steds terrible slant at the end of the game.

jjab360

Legend
Someone needs to update the clock

http://jabooloses.com/

Sadly, I still think he's the Rams best option in the draft next year. Maybe his negativity times the Rams negativity will equal something actually worth watching?

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
It was embarrassing listening to Jimbo make excuses for this kid. Right... like Jameis Winston signed hundreds of pristine jerseys with certifiable provenance in a casual setting all to individual fans and they all allowed them to be acquired in a single lot, thus absolving Winston of any wrong doing... because he was just signing for honest to goodness fans...

I think the NCAA is hot garbage and the rules surrounding the exploitation of Div I top conference athletes is absurd. That said, it's not like Winston is taking a principled stand against student-athlete exploitation. He's just breaking the rules because.... "show me the money".

Now a guy who's willing to lose his scholarship for a few grand or even ten or twenty grand when that scholarship is the pathway to potentially tens of MILLIONS of dollars... well, he's certainly not a math major...

But the notion that Jimbo Fisher in the face of this mounting evidence is gonna stand behind this kid with a straight face is just... well, is just goes to show that some folks will do ANYTHING to win. His idea of "knowing the facts" is "well, I asked him and he said, 'no'." Well, THAT oughta hold up in court, Jimbo...

And, it's proof positive that Winston will go Pro. No matter what happens, there's no way Winston's going to risk NCAA sanctions or anything else going wrong. He's not that lucky. He's already cashed in a number of lives. Who knows how many the cat has left? Here's hoping some other team is more desperate than the Rams for this train wreck.