Window is officially open on Callahan

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Dallas is eliminated, and he is officially on the market now. He is also a ridiculously good fit for what Fish has said he wants in the running game, so it will surprise me if he's not brought in for an interview.

If not, it will make me wonder whether Fish has his eye on Chud. It may be that he's thinking Chud or go with Boras.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
No way...Linehan is the mind behind what Dallas does.

It's Garrett's offense, Linny is play caller, he took over the play calling from Calahan this year. Garrett run the Coryell-type offense, but Linny has done a good job this year, but it's not his offense/

Sum1

Hall of Fame
It's Garrett's offense, Linny is play caller, he took over the play calling from Calahan this year. Garrett run the Coryell-type offense, but Linny has done a good job this year, but it's not his offense/
Regardless...Callahan hasn't been innovative in his career as an architect of an offense or as a play caller. Callahan is an excellent offensive line coach.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I would think Chad would have been brought in by now if there was interest.

sigh..

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Callahan as OC with the Raiders:

* 1998 - 288 points scored (22nd).
* 1999 - 390 points scored (8th).
* 2000 - 479 points scored (3rd).
* 2001 - 399 points scored (4th).

Callahan as HC with the Raiders:

* 2002 - 450 points scored (2nd).
* 2003 - 270 points scored (26th). <Gannon injured for most of season, depth was garbage

I don't want to take anything away from Linny, who is indeed a strong OC. But Callahan made that staff better, and is eminently qualified for an interview.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Callahan as OC with the Raiders:

* 1998 - 288 points scored (22nd).
* 1999 - 390 points scored (8th).
* 2000 - 479 points scored (3rd).
* 2001 - 399 points scored (4th).

Callahan as HC with the Raiders:

* 2002 - 450 points scored (2nd).
* 2003 - 270 points scored (26th). <Gannon injured for most of season, depth was garbage

I don't want to take anything away from Linny, who is indeed a strong OC. But Callahan made that staff better, and is eminently qualified for an interview.

You are way off this man. Callahan was OC in name only with the Raiders. It was Grudens offense and Gruden called the plays. When Gruden left for the Bucs Callahan didn't change a single thing of the offense, including the language (which became a HUGE advantage to the Bucs).

The Cowboys were not happy with Callahan last season as the OC and brought in Linehan to call the plays, essentially relegating Callahan to the line coach with the OC title.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Auto correct.

My posts sometimes end up completely different than I typed them.
Oh man, I totally hear you on that. Just today I sent a text to my wife that I meant to say "Should I pick up dinner tonight?" and it auto corrected to "You effing bitch, you're ruining my life"

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
You are way off this man. Callahan was OC in name only with the Raiders. It was Grudens offense and Gruden called the plays. When Gruden left for the Bucs Callahan didn't change a single thing of the offense, including the language (which became a HUGE advantage to the Bucs).

The Cowboys were not happy with Callahan last season as the OC and brought in Linehan to call the plays, essentially relegating Callahan to the line coach with the OC title.

I'm not a huge fan of Callahan or anything, just figured Fish would bring him in given his running game expertise. I mean, he's lookin at Hackett ffs.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Oh man, I totally hear you on that. Just today I sent a text to my wife that I meant to say "Should I pick up dinner tonight?" and it auto corrected to "You effing bitch, you're ruining my life"
Lmao.

If you haven't seen the A Rod skit on SNL, check it out.
Drake plays A rod.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan

its good if your a ram fan to have a sense of humor