Wilson: 9 of 14 for 94 yards, 0 tds

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
29 points.

I wasn't sure, but I think I'm beginning to warm to the idea that this is a team sport.
I think Wilson played really well. Terrible in the NFC Title game, good today. He wasnt asked to do a lot....man the game is easier when playing from in front.

I didnt care who won the game, I am just glad all of Warners' Superbowl yardage marks are still in place.

Further evidence that Manning just cannot handle pressure.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Try to re-sign Rodger Saffold. If we have ample money left over for another big signing, go after one of Alex Mack, Anquan Boldin or Jairus Byrd.
Other than Dahl, who played OK, what other OL FA has played well fro the Rams? Nothing against Mack, but I don't think he will be the same player for us after he signs that fat contract.

I would be in favor or resigning Saffold, but the guy is going to get a lot of money thrown at him and he can't stay healthy

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I guess QB is the most important position on the field unless we're talking about the niners or the Seahawks.
Yeah. Pretty smart to build a stout D,OLine and ground n pound offense first isn't it? Sort of affords the luxury of plugging in QB's that don't fuck up and aren't asked to do much other than don't get sacked or throw picks huh?

But on a less snarky note, this kid Wilson is very good. Better than Bradford? That's debatable, of course.
I think Wilson has a lot of potential still untapped if he gets coached up(scary). He's better than Kaepernick and will be forever IMO. Bradford would've smacked down Denver's D last night too...their secondary played tired and slow. Sam has a better arm than Wilson and would seriously benefit from some legit play action and insane field position like Wilson enjoyed last night.

Dubious analogy time -- Sam is arriving at the party 2 hours late, and everyone's already knee deep, and he's got a lot of catching up to do.
Tough division. Not sure why Bradford is responsible for that. Everyone wants to win.

Last edited:

Ram_of_Old

The Broncos may have well handed the trophy to the Hags. They handed them the ball all night long.

Ram_of_Old

Wilson's performance reminded me of Trent Dilfer when the Ravens won their first Super Bowl. He just did not screw up. The defense carried the game.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
I think I see what happened here. First, you completely missed the sarcasm in my post, even though I felt it was fairly obvious. Second, you misread the intent of my post, though that could have been hard to figure out unless you're a mind-reader (so you shouldn't have tried). Third, I saw that your other board went completely off the rails over the whole "Wilson v Bradford / Mobile QB v Pocket Passer" debate, and you saw someone call Wilson a 'Trent Dilfer with legs', so you figured I feel the same way or something. There is no cross-contamination happening here. If I felt that Wilson was a jag, I'd come right out and say it. So since I didn't, it's safe to assume I don't feel that way.

So, your perception of my assertion was wrong. Though, up to that point in the game, I think anyone with eyes could see he didn't *need* to do much.

That's all fair.

Wilson doesn't have to do much, but he does do well in spite on not having to do much. You can count on him to play very smart ball, and make key plays in crucial situations. He's a fine young QB. And he would make our team better if we had him. That's my point.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
On a positive note here.
Wilsons performance should increase the market for a draft choice yielding Manzeil.

Listening to the commentary seems like the Denver defensive coaches assumed Wilson was bad rolling to his left and should have kept the kid in the pocket and not let escape kept the DT's hands high and forced him to be a pocket passer.

Manning is a statue and his total lack of mobility cost his team.

I think Sam has some of the best attributes of both those players cuz the #1 defense can have bad games too and like X was getting at (I got the joke and laughed BTW) Wilson with Denvers defense Manning with Seattles ,aw shit man score would have been 100-8

Congrats to R Wilson though I think he's a pretty good human being,about the only Seahawk I can choke those words out about.

A great QB can carry a team so far but a great team can carry an average QB farther

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Hey, everyone ripping on Wilson because he didn't have to do much - he did what he needed to do. He's a excellent young QB and he's going to be a really good one for the next 10 years + unless he gets hurt. There's no shame in recognising when our rival has a talented player, and its not saying our QB is bad because we didn't win it all.

As X says, its a team game.

Wilson is good but if Sam was the Seahawk's QB they'd be champions right now as well - because he's a good QB as well.

We need to relax about this - build from the trenches. Get a dominant O-line, dominant (even more dominant) D-line, then move to fixing the secondary.

Unfortunately I think Seattle and San Fran are more than 1 draft better than us. Is Stacy Marshawn Lynch? Is Brian Quick Anquan Boldin? Is Tavon Austin Percy Harvin yet? Are TJ McDonald and Rodney Mcleod Chancellor and Thomas? is JJ Richard Sherman?

moklerman

Warner-phile
Denver got outcoached, plain and simple. Not to mention, they weren't prepared for the game. Denver's o-line was the problem all night and I can't even say it was because of Seattle's defense. Manny Ramirez was shitting his pants from the very first play and that unit led to all of Denver's misfortunes.

But Denver played right into the hands of what Seattle wanted to do and it cost them.

Worst Super Bowl I've ever watched. NFL got bailed out by the weather but the game itself was a stinker. There wasn't even enough of a game going to bring up the officiating.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
While we're on the subject of Wilson...

There are so many things about him that I really don't like, but I'm starting to think that what I hate most about him is his stupid ass clown hair. It's fucking clown hair.

Clearly, his stats remind us all about the importance of the team in football.

iced

I'd take Bradford over Wilson in a heart beat... don't get me wrong, Wilson is a good QB - but time and time again he has struggled with accuracy and his arm isn't all that impressive. He's good at moving around and making plays, but he's not that great of a passer, imo....

he did next to nothing against denver's cruddy defense who are lacking serious players like von miller

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
We have to beat Seattle. We're not going to have a better secondary than them. Sadly, I feel pretty confident in that. Carroll is a helluva DB teacher and Schneider knows how to pick them. They have arguably the best FS and CB in the game. So if we can't beat them there, we gotta do it elsewhere. And IMO, we do that by dominating them on both sides of the ball in the trenches.
Yep! Oline in the first and tackle in the 2nd. And a corner like Dennard in the first as well!

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I didn't hear Manning say Omaha even once what was he thinking?????

One thing I noticed was the crowd noise, definitely seemed like a louder SB crowd than I remember and it was a factor several times causing problems for Denver.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
On a positive note here.
Wilsons performance should increase the market for a draft choice yielding Manzeil.

Listening to the commentary seems like the Denver defensive coaches assumed Wilson was bad rolling to his left and should have kept the kid in the pocket and not let escape kept the DT's hands high and forced him to be a pocket passer.

Manning is a statue and his total lack of mobility cost his team.

I think Sam has some of the best attributes of both those players cuz the #1 defense can have bad games too and like X was getting at (I got the joke and laughed BTW) Wilson with Denvers defense Manning with Seattles ,aw shit man score would have been 100-8

Congrats to R Wilson though I think he's a pretty good human being,about the only Seahawk I can choke those words out about.

A great QB can carry a team so far but a great team can carry an average QB farther

Good point on Manziel. I'm thinking he's gonna tear up the combine and get shoot up the board. I can see Houston trading the pick to Cleveland.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Other than Dahl, who played OK, what other OL FA has played well fro the Rams? Nothing against Mack, but I don't think he will be the same player for us after he signs that fat contract.

I would be in favor or resigning Saffold, but the guy is going to get a lot of money thrown at him and he can't stay healthy

Jake Long. Adam Timmerman.

This reminds me of the people that didn't like the Brockers pick because we had picked so many DT busts in the past. You can't let your past dictate the future. You can only learn from the mistakes you made. IMO, this would be learning from those mistakes. Instead of going after the second tier OLs like we have in the past(and vastly overpaying them...Bell...Brown...), we go after arguably the best Center in the game. Kind of like we did with Long. And Mack hasn't been injured. I don't see him dropping off and playing like some of our FA busts have.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Good point on Manziel. I'm thinking he's gonna tear up the combine and get shoot up the board. I can see Houston trading the pick to Cleveland.
Yup Wilson struck a financial blow for short Qbacks everywhere .
The copycats of the league will be lining up for Johnny football

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
Hey, everyone ripping on Wilson because he didn't have to do much - he did what he needed to do. He's a excellent young QB and he's going to be a really good one for the next 10 years + unless he gets hurt. There's no shame in recognising when our rival has a talented player, and its not saying our QB is bad because we didn't win it all.

As X says, its a team game.

Wilson is good but if Sam was the Seahawk's QB they'd be champions right now as well - because he's a good QB as well.

We need to relax about this - build from the trenches. Get a dominant O-line, dominant (even more dominant) D-line, then move to fixing the secondary.

Unfortunately I think Seattle and San Fran are more than 1 draft better than us. Is Stacy Marshawn Lynch? Is Brian Quick Anquan Boldin? Is Tavon Austin Percy Harvin yet? Are TJ McDonald and Rodney Mcleod Chancellor and Thomas? is JJ Richard Sherman?
Awesome post.

I don't think anyone is saying that Wilson won't be good. He's going to be a challenge for us for years to come. But it was obvious that he really only had to not make mistakes to win this game. On Kaepernick I'm not so sure. But, with SB and an improved OL, the TEs and RBs, I think we will end up with the better offense in our division. Whether or not Quick is Boldin or how McDonald and McCleod compare with Chancellor and Thomas. And I really don't expect to see Tavon Austin's full potential until his fourth year only because of his versatility.

No two ways about it, we're more than one draft away. But I think you draft your target prototypical FS and another CB this year. Will the youth be a detriment? To a point, but as people have said you'll have Johsnon and Jenkins in their third years. Our secondary won't have to be as good as Seattle's to compete with them as we already did compete this year, but it will have to improve no matter what if we want to match them in wins.

And regarding the trenches, I see them drafting 2 for the OL this year. It will be interesting to see what stamp Greg Williams puts on this defensive unit.