Wilson: 9 of 14 for 94 yards, 0 tds

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
29 points.

I wasn't sure, but I think I'm beginning to warm to the idea that this is a team sport.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
29 points.

I wasn't sure, but I think I'm beginning to warm to the idea that this is a team sport.

I was wondering. Has he even been on the field since the 1st quarter?

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
But he's got a SB win, and that makes him great. Pay the man 100,000,000 dollars Seattle, and fast!

RFIP

But he's got a SB win, and that makes him great. Pay the man 100,000,000 dollars Seattle, and fast!

Wilson, Sherman, Thomas, Chancellor, Harvin, Okung.

That has the potential to be $70-$80 mil in cap space between those 6 guys right there.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Wilson, Sherman, Thomas, Chancellor, Harvin, Okung.

That has the potential to be $70-$80 mil in cap space between those 6 guys right there.
That's why you take advantage of your windows when they show up (99-01 Rams), and you draft well after (NOT the 99-01 Rams).

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
29 points.

Yuh think? So is there any merit to the idea that defenses win Superbowls unless the QB has time to throw a ball? Nah - that can't hold water.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Wilson is clutch. He makes plays in sticky situations. So slippery. Sure, his defense is great, but he's not just a Dilfer. He's a special player. And he's not throwing to a stable of pro bowl receivers, either.

Right now, no unbiased football evaluator would take Bradford over Wilson. Wilson is better than Sam. Hands down.
Why.

Why would you feel the need to even post something like that? I didn't say shit about him being a Dilfer. I commented on the fact that they had racked up 29 points without him having to do anything up to that point. Sure he ran around and extended plays, but 94 yards with no TDs, while the TEAM scored 29 points, speaks to the importance of having a good team in three phases of the game, and not having to rely on one guy (Manning) to do it all.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wilson is clutch. He makes plays in sticky situations. So slippery. Sure, his defense is great, but he's not just a Dilfer. He's a special player. And he's not throwing to a stable of pro bowl receivers, either.

Right now, no unbiased football evaluator would take Bradford over Wilson. Wilson is better than Sam. Hands down.

Max, this seems like the type of post you see on the PD boards. No one brought up Sam. Nobody called Wilson "Dilfer". It was just pointed out that this is a team sport and it takes more than one player.

And Seattle's WRs are better than they're given credit for being. They may not be elite but they rarely drop passes(one of the lowest drop rates in the NFL) and as you saw in this game, they can make some plays after the catch.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
That's why you take advantage of your windows when they show up (99-01 Rams), and you draft well after (NOT the 99-01 Rams).
Yeah... I'm gonna look like I'm a total homer but I think we will go for domination of the defense and pull good players on offense. To me after watching this is that Clowney is definitely in play. Sam is a great QB when looking at the options and what the SB teams REALLY do. Lets move on and build that unbeatable defense. Go defense in the draft. I actually believe we've done enough on offense and they need to gel.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Yeah... I'm gonna look like I'm a total homer but I think we will go for domination of the defense and pull good players on offense. To me after watching this is that Clowney is definitely in play. Sam is a great QB when looking at the options and what the SB teams REALLY do. Lets move on and build that unbeatable defense. Go defense in the draft. I actually believe we've done enough on offense and they need to gel.
Personally, I think Clowney is a luxury pick, but it wouldn't break my heart if they went that way. Fisher (and now Williams) are probably drooling over the idea of rotating him in and out, and moving him around the line. I wish there was a shut-down corner or a dominant DT they could get high, but it looks like they could target one of those positions by trading down a little bit. I'm with ya though. Time to finish the job on D now.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Almost totally agreed. I think we need to invest in the OL and work on building a dominant defense. Lets dominate the trenches. That's how you beat a team like Seattle. Especially with Russell Wilson not being that comfortable of a pocket passer.

RFIP

I could not disagree with you more but here is the thing. I've coached for 30 years my friend, and I have seen lousy coaches win championships with great teams, great players lose championships to better TEAMS, but in the end here is what is true; When you win a championship you get to say whatever it is you want to, the stage is yours and everything you say is gospel.

So to publicly disagree with your comment is nonsensical so I'll leave it at this. Todays victory for Wilson reminded me very much of Big Ben's first SB, ironically over Seattle, where Ben had to do next to nothing other than watch Heinz Ward throw the games only TD pass and his defense win the title.

Yes Wilson had a couple add on TD's late but his TEAM won today, as they did in the first 2 rounds of the playoffs as well.

Truth be told, Wilson's toughest games were against SF, Arizona and St Louis. Hell how many times today against that defense to he not risk throws to guys who were wide open? And how many throws did miss and miss badly when the game was early and still even semi tight?

Put Sam on that team and they are Champions as well.

Truth be told Wilson's game has been off for some time, as of now only the other 3 NFC West teams know how to handle him, the rest of the league will catch on soon though.

RFIP

Personally, I think Clowney is a luxury pick, but it wouldn't break my heart if they went that way. Fisher (and now Williams) are probably drooling over the idea of rotating him in and out, and moving him around the line. I wish there was a shut-down corner or a dominant DT they could get high, but it looks like they could target one of those positions by trading down a little bit. I'm with ya though. Time to finish the job on D now.

I agree 100% on Clowney being a luxury and I do not think the Rams go that why for several reasons.

Harvin was a MAJOR difference maker today, much in the way Watkins will be, with toughness AND great speed.

What the Rams D is missing isn't ANOTHER edge rusher, its a top end CB and FS...and I have to believe they get one of them in FA, most likely Verner. Seeing how that puts Byrd out of the equation and I really don't want ANOTHER rookie on the back end I hope they could then get a guy like Griffin on a 2 year deal for a decent buck.

As for DT I like Langford and Brockers, amd OK with Cudjo and have no use for #71 who's name escapes me at present. I too would like another stout (Nix? Hageman?) DT from this coming draft.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Max, this seems like the type of post you see on the PD boards. No one brought up Sam. Nobody called Wilson "Dilfer". It was just pointed out that this is a team sport and it takes more than one player.

And Seattle's WRs are better than they're given credit for being. They may not be elite but they rarely drop passes(one of the lowest drop rates in the NFL) and as you saw in this game, they can make some plays after the catch.

I'm responding to the assertion that Wilson's numbers say he's just going along for the ride on the back of a great team. I'm saying he's a hell of a young QB, one who will make our lives miserable for years.

We are on this board to talk Rams and Sam is our QB. It's perfectly within the normal confines of a normal discussion to look at a QB in our division who is playing in the Superbowl and juxtapose him with our QB.

And if your saying Taint, Baldwin, and Kearse are much better than our WRs, then you must believe that Snead has done a poor job drafting because he used a lot more draft capital than Seattle did.

I'm worried about our team, and I don't put my head in the sand when I see a shortcoming that worries me. I still don't know if we've got the right QB five years later. And that's troublesome. The Seahawks don't have that concern. I wish we didn't. But we still do.

There is a distinct possibility that Bradford craps out this year, and I hate that possibility. If that sounds like PD board talk to you than you're not as objective as I thought.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Matt Conrath.

IMO, what the Rams defense is missing is a slot CB, a FS, DB depth and a disruptive DT(we were also missing a decent scheme until Walton was fired). Offensively...imo, we need to build up a dominating OL. I'd love a #1 WR but I feel that's a luxury. If we can get one and he's the right value, sure. But I really want a dominating OL...I think that puts our team over the hump.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm responding to the assertion that Wilson's numbers say he's just going along for the ride on the back of a great team. I'm saying he's a hell of a young QB, one who will make our lives miserable for years.

We are on this board to talk Rams and Sam is our QB. It's perfectly within the normal confines of a normal discussion to look at a QB in our division who is playing in the Superbowl and juxtapose him with our QB.

Well, if you want to bring Sam into it, I'll say that I think Sam is a better pocket passer than Wilson. But Wilson is more mobile and dangerous outside the pocket.

And if your saying Taint, Baldwin, and Kearse are much better than our WRs, then you must believe that Snead has done a poor job drafting because he used a lot more draft capital than Seattle did.

Our WRs are also much younger except for Kearse...who imo isn't anything special...just a solid WR that benefits from being an afterthought.

Taint and Baldwin are more experienced WRs with reliable hands that can create after the catch.

Has Snead done a poor job at WR? IMO, the Austin and Bailey picks were good ones. They'll pay off...but both were rookies. Quick is teetering on bust status. We'll see. Pettis wasn't picked by them. Givens is a good pick as a 4th rounder but he looks like he won't be much more than a deep threat. But he was also only in his 2nd year.

I'm worried about our team, and I don't put my head in the sand when I see a shortcoming that worries me. I still don't know if we've got the right QB five years later. And that's troublesome. The Seahawks don't have that concern. I wish we didn't. But we still do.

There is a distinct possibility that Bradford craps out this year, and I hate that possibility. If that sounds like PD board talk to you than you're not as objective as I thought.

The head in the sand bullshit sounds exactly like the PD board. As does bringing up Bradford in a thread not about him to talk about what he isn't.

Frankly, it irritates me to a great extent when I read the "head in the sand" line...as if the only opinion that could be informed, objective and realistic is the critical one. Honestly, I'm a Rams fan. I don't care about being "objective". What is and isn't "objective" is relative. My opinion is informed and I like to think well thought out.

You're certainly entitled to yours but I don't appreciate being accused of sticking my head in the sand because I don't think a thread about Russell Wilson should be used to criticize Bradford on a Rams forum. I'm just going to walk away from this discussion because I would rather not get in a heated argument over Bradford right now...especially not on this board. Have a good evening, Max.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Matt Conrath.

IMO, what the Rams defense is missing is a slot CB, a FS, DB depth and a disruptive DT(we were also missing a decent scheme until Walton was fired). Offensively...imo, we need to build up a dominating OL. I'd love a #1 WR but I feel that's a luxury. If we can get one and he's the right value, sure. But I really want a dominating OL...I think that puts our team over the hump.

Seattle doesn't have a dominating OL, far from it. Those guys looked very average to me. And yet, the Seahawks dominated the Superbowl.

I do believe a good case can be made for drafting D high.

RFIP

But here's the question max, how "miserable" has he made our lives to date? And PLEASE don't give me wins and loses when we all know we beat him game 1 last year in St Louis, came with in a nats eye lash of beating them in Seattle last year, should have and WOULD HAVE beaten them this year game 1 on Monday night and have pounded this guy from pillar to post in every single game we have played against him?

He has the enormous luxury of playing behind a world class defense and with a great/powerful RB. And he has the great sense to NEVER throw a ball in harms way because he knows if he has to punt the odds are in his favor that 3 plays or LESS later he is going to be right back on the field.

As for today he did nothing except fail to get his team in to the EZ until the game wa sway, WAY out of reach.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Seattle doesn't have a dominating OL, far from it. Those guys looked very average to me. And yet, the Seahawks dominated the Superbowl.

I do believe a good case can be made for drafting D high.

We have to beat Seattle. We're not going to have a better secondary than them. Sadly, I feel pretty confident in that. Carroll is a helluva DB teacher and Schneider knows how to pick them. They have arguably the best FS and CB in the game. So if we can't beat them there, we gotta do it elsewhere. And IMO, we do that by dominating them on both sides of the ball in the trenches.