William Hayes: “We finally jelled as a unit.”

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Hayes hasda real good full 2014 season as the main starter @ LDE for the Rams due to Chris Long injury. The UFA contract that Hayes signed back in 2013 sure paid off in 2014. Hayes will be 30 when the season starts & will earn a real sizable 4.4 million in 2015 as a back up.

Our other veteran reserve DE Eugene Sims is due to make a little over 2 million in 2015. Kendall Langford is due to make 7 million in 2015. The Rams will have close to 13.5 million in 3 reserve DL's in 2015.

Rams have two other DE's in Ethan Westbrook who will earn 515K & Mason Brodine who will make 585K in 2015. Rams could look hard @ Langford if they think that Hayes & Sims can take up the extra duty action in place of him inside. Problem as said before Rams will need to find a good NT in the draft.

Last edited:

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Well, I love William Hayes, however, IMO, they've truly jelled as a unit when they can lead the team to post season, but I'm crazy that way.

Alan

Legend
BonifayRam wishing on a star:
Our other veteran reserve DE Eugene Sims is due to make a little over 2 million in 2015. Kendall Langford is due to make 7 million in 2015. The Rams will have close to 13.5 million in 3 reserve DL's in 2015.

Rams have two other DE's in Ethan Westbrook who will earn 515K & Mason Brodine who will make 585K in 2015. Rams could look hard @ Langford if they think that Hayes & Sims can take up the extra duty action in place of him inside. Problem as said before Rams will need to find a good NT in the draft.
Some good points there but I wouldn't count too heavily on Sims being any kind of answer at DE. I don't know what happened but I didn't like his play this year at all.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Well, I love William Hayes, however, IMO, they've truly jelled as a unit when they can lead the team to post season, but I'm crazy that way.

I agree looks to me this defense has one more season till things seriously changes after this year. The defense has some big starters entering into free agency after 2015. A total of 9 enter.

NT Michael Brockers
NT Kendall Langford
DE William Hayes
DE Eugene Sims
LB JoLunn Dunbar
LB Daren Bates
SS Mark Barron
CB Janoris Jenkins
CB Trumaine Johnson

It will be real hard to go crazy this UFA season in purchasing cap busters OL'er UFA's like Iupati & Ski, when you will need mega cap millions next UFA season to keep your good defense together.