William Hayes on the Defensive Gameplan Going Forward

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
“We are going to keep it up,” defensive end William Hayes said. “We’ve got to. We kind of found out what we’re good at and we’ll stick with it. We’re going to play more aggressive and we’re going to attack. That’s our bread and butter, we’re going to attack.”

“We are playing with a lot of young guys and everybody is starting to come along now,” Hayes said. Everybody is buying into the system and it’s working good for us. It’s fun because everything you’ve been trying to get working is actually starting to work now and starting to come through. Hopefully we can build another week."

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-rams/post/_/id/2625/rams-defense-looks-to-replicate-effort

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Sure wish everybody woulda "bought into the system" before Sam got hurt that sure woulda been nice to see... Oh well, better now then never i suppose.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Maybe he just validated what a lot of us were guessing...certain guys were not ready yet. Now they are. We are a young team, some people seem to forget, or discount that. I think the buying into the system is a vet thing. Guys were not doing their jobs, they were trying to be heroes. We saw the same thing last year, and then figured it out. Gap integrity is essential.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Maybe he just validated what a lot of us were guessing...certain guys were not ready yet. Now they are. We are a young team, some people seem to forget, or discount that. I think the buying into the system is a vet thing. Guys were not doing their jobs, they were trying to be heroes. We saw the same thing last year, and then figured it out. Gap integrity is essential.
Yup. It appeared too many guys were trying to do their job and someone else's early on. I hope they're at the point, now, where they can trust each other fully.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Yup. It appeared too many guys were trying to do their job and someone else's early on. I hope they're at the point, now, where they can trust each other fully.
I saw more problems on the line, because of the coverage that we get/see, but our linebackers were diving in too deep and getting walled off, and I saw a lot of defensive lineman getting too far up-field, and then losing the gap completely. Sometimes you just have to sit down and control your guy, we were letting too many guys that we "beat" at the line, go down-field and pick up more blocks, as the RB's were running through truck sized holes....it was ugly.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Hayes is one of my favorite players. Like James Hall years ago... just an under the radar player who makes big plays on Sunday.

He's my kind of Ram!

V3

Hall of Fame
We kind of found out what we’re good at and we’ll stick with it. We’re going to play more aggressive and we’re going to attack.

I think most fans and analysts could have told them that weeks ago. Why is this such a revelation? That's how they played last year and they looked good. This year, they play soft and they looked bad. It took 8 weeks to figure that out?

smram

Rookie
Name
Steve
I saw more problems on the line, because of the coverage that we get/see, but our linebackers were diving in too deep and getting walled off, and I saw a lot of defensive lineman getting too far up-field, and then losing the gap completely. Sometimes you just have to sit down and control your guy, we were letting too many guys that we "beat" at the line, go down-field and pick up more blocks, as the RB's were running through truck sized holes....it was ugly.

Bang on dr. Couldn't have said it any better

jap

Legend
Hayes is one of my favorite players. Like James Hall years ago... just an under the radar player who makes big plays on Sunday.

He's my kind of Ram!

Jo-Lonn and William Hayes bring the attitude on game days.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
I think most fans and analysts could have told them that weeks ago. Why is this such a revelation? That's how they played last year and they looked good. This year, they play soft and they looked bad. It took 8 weeks to figure that out?
Right, I heard Tyoka telling us this weeks ago during one of his regular radio interviews..

jap

Legend
I believe McDonald will be that guy as well

I certainly have no problems with MacDonald becoming the sheriff of the secondary. We haven't had consistently solid hitting safeties since Aeneas Williams and Toby Wright.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom

Exactly.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
More press coverage please. When you've got a pass rush like we do we'll get turnovers aplenty,which is what our crippled offense needs w/out Sam.