William Hayes Needs Your GoFundMe Support

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter

View: https://www.gofundme.com/s2q5z5xs

Hard times during unemployment

9304311_1456024315.0801.jpg

I'm looking for work during the off season. I promise to protect and serve, end zone to end zone, every Sunday. With the money I raise it will go towards new research to help save mermaids and more importantly show that dinosaurs never walked on this earth!

http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2016/2...ent-homeless-destitute-life-comes-at-you-fast

William Hayes, Down On His Luck NFL Free Agent, Needs Your GoFundMe Support
By 3k @3k_ on Feb 20, 2016

William Hayes, aka Brah Brah Bojangles, is a character. From his belief that dinosaurs never existed to his belief that mermaids are more likely to exist to the reality that he's just a funny cat with a great personality, Hayes has always been over the top.

ESPN's Nick Wagoner had the definitive paragraph on his exploits:

Hayes' ability to scheme and execute pranks with Long has become legendary in the Rams' locker room. There was the time he and Long "allegedly" filled linebacker James Laurinaitis' car with 10,000 crickets, a joke so over the top that Laurinaitis had to get rid of the car because many of the crickets died in the vents.

Or the times when Hayes and his cohorts hired trailers to pick up teammates' cars and store them on the practice field. Or the time when they moved two cars across the street from the training facility and had makeshift houses built around them.

Now, though, comes a GoFundMe page looking to support Hayes during his current state of unemployment as he is among the 2015 St. Louis Rams headed to free agency with an expiring contract:

I'm looking for work during the off season. I promise to protect and serve, end zone to end zone, every Sunday. With the money I raise it will go towards new research to help save mermaids and more importantly show that dinosaurs never walked on this earth!

The crowdfunding effort has amassed $5 as of the time of this post.

It picked up some promotional assistance from former teammate Chris Long, who was released by the Rams yesterday:

Chris Long ✔ ‎@JOEL9ONE
My close friend William Hayes is a FA at the moment and has requested that I pass on this link.
1f602.png
%helphttps://www.gofundme.com/s2q5z5xs

Chris Long ✔ ‎@JOEL9ONE
I love 95 but man he will FaceTime me with the dumbest stuff and won't allow me to get off the phone. Classic individual.

Regardless of your feelings as to their on-field performance, not having them together in 2016 will be a legitimate source of melancholy.

As for that on-field effort though, Hayes has picked up 21.5 sacks in his four years with the Rams since signing as a free agent after four years with Titans in 2012. With Chris Long ailing from various injuries the last two years, Hayes picked up 20 starts since the beginning of the 2014 season.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Man that dude's tilted. :ROFLMAO:

MarkMyWords

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Mark
Well, if dinosaurs didn't exist, who ate all the mermaids?????

I hope they resign Long and Hayes (for less of course.) Partly because every team needs a little crazy to keep things light.......

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
I'm usually the first guy to see the humor in things, but does anyone else feel uncomfortable with the timing of this, in light of the release of Long and Laurinitis?

Especially with Chris weighing in. Just strange to me. Am I missing something?

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Yeah
I think this is in poor taste considering
I mean why clown people on the GoFundMe site who are actually trying to raise money with their ideas and creativity
I get it's not a big deal in the grand scheme of things
But all but these dudes are rich (which is great) , but why rub it in the noses of people who are legit on the site?
Just to be funny?
Okay well then ha ha ....

After this I just want us cut ties with Hayes too - chris long's funny little twitter BS has grown tiresome now he's cut

I am suddenly leaning towards a DE with pick #15

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Yeah
I think this is in poor taste considering
I mean why clown people on the GoFundMe site who are actually trying to raise money with their ideas and creativity
I get it's not a big deal in the grand scheme of things
But all but these dudes are rich (which is great) , but why rub it in the noses of people who are legit on the site?
Just to be funny?
Okay well then ha ha ....

After this I just want us cut ties with Hayes too - chris long's funny little twitter BS has grown tiresome now he's cut

I am suddenly leaning towards a DE with pick #15

I think you are taking this too personal.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
I think you are taking this too personal.

I don't want to pile-on Castamere, but I don't think the point is "taking it personally." I like Chris Long a lot. I'm still bummed he's gone. I even like his sense of humor usually.

Dude just got cut. His career is at a crisis point. He and Hayes have both done some serious work of compassion with homeless people, (usually alcohol and drug related or people suffering from mental disorders or checked out of life-depression.)

Chris is doing some great work bringing fresh water wells- mostly to Communist nations too corrupt, but not too poor, to innovate it themselves. (Freedom and the free market usually cure this. But I digress.) He doesn't have to do this. I respect him for it.

Now they are "clowning" this whole Free Agency issue when they have earned millions of dollars playing football? Sort of makes them look foolish and lacking in character. Bad look.

I think Chris was right in his send off tweet about going to have a beer first. Sounds like he didn't stop with one. (Think before you hit SEND!)

Just my opinion. Everyone has to check themselves.

Last edited:

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Not really
I said it's not a big deal in the grand scheme of things

With that said the whole thing is freaking lame and not really funny - but to each his own

If you got a laugh cool!

The first part of your post is fine, I'm only referring to your last to your last two sentences. Suddenly wanting to cut ties with Hayes and draft an LDE when we have a QB void to fill is a bit excessive IMO.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
The first part of your post is fine, I'm only referring to your last to your last two sentences. Suddenly wanting to cut ties with Hayes and draft an LDE when we have a QB void to fill is a bit excessive IMO.

Excessive?
We have Mannion :LOL:
QB void filled
Trade up for Bosa!!!!