Will the Sacks come back this Sunday?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

paceram

Pro Bowler
I know it was just preseason but it still surprised me at the low number of sacks the Rams defense had (I thought I read somewhere that they actually didn't have any sacks???) during those 4 games. And, if my memory serves me correctly (Which, it doesn't do very often!) the Rams recorded very few sacks at the beginning of last season? I do realize that GW was not going to show opposing teams much of his Defensive Scheme during the preseason and I don't think the starting DL really got to play together much as a unit but I still thought they would had recorded at least a few sacks during those games. I respect Russell Wilson but I hope the Rams sack him at least 10 times Sunday!!!

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
It seems like playing Seattle is what gets our pass rush rolling. So I think so, if we can't get sacks against that OL, I'm going to be very disappointed.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Aaron Donlad hears your message....So does Robert Quinn....Ayers & Ogletree says they have it covered....Barron & McDonald says seek and we shall find...

We always give Russell hell...I expect the same this Sunday...

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Slow starters so no more than 7. But one of the 7 will lay Wilson out for a couple plays.

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hopefully we see a lot of this Sunday!
a2OLBh.gif

38aQeX.gif

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Seems like we always get 4 or 5 sacks on Wilson especially when we play at home. I think we sacked Wilson 5 times in the last home game against him without Long playing.

Big Game

Living The Dream
I think this defense will be ready i'll go 4-6 sacks this Sunday 2 by Aaron Donald.

Its been so much talk about a fast start if this defense isn't ready Sunday i will be truly disappointed.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Expect teams to throw quick passes against our pass rush as usual. It'll be up to the linebackers and secondary to give the D-line enough time to sack the QB. Hope Williams realizes that.

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
MANY,MANY sacks (ARE A LOCK) if you saw seattles pre-season and OL. Will it guarantee a victory is the question that keeps me up at night. Shegals return game is scarey good with Lockette. I have questions on containment we don't always succeed at. Can we defend the pass game if we play that 10 yard off zone coverage? A.O. is key playing the spy game and pass "D". His pass "D" must improve 60-70% to win this game. Then we need time consuming "O" with success from Benny and I. Pead . Sacks are a small part unless they cause Wilson to be taken out of game also. Then we win BIGTIME!!! It would even get ugly.

…..

Legend
you hope for 4-5 realisticly based on our players.

I think Seattle is going to have a good memory and run a bunch of quick hitting plays. Trust me they are game planning to minimize our effectiveness.

We need to put them in 3rd and long situations early and often. It will help immensly if we score first, then score again. Any early pressure we get will then expose them to risk of turnover. Jenkins to the house?

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
The ONE good thing about that infuriatingly big off coverage cushion that Williams has our DBs play is that it baits teams into wanting to run longer developing pass plays.

If they want to use Jimmy Graham on the outside, spread out...well, if he's going to run more than 5 yards, then the trade off is that they're going to have to gamble on having the time to get him the ball.

I think they are going to want to "get value for their money" as every team that pays for their new QB does which means an increase in passing. Lynch isn't getting any younger and Jackson's only been in the door a little bit.

The Seahawks really could try to obviate our DL, but that would take Graham out of the game and take a lot of Wilson away as well.

And they're not going to do that.

Like I said. I think...I THINK this game up first is a blessing because NO OTHER team could make us start as fast as this team at home.

If we still start slow, then nothing will do it.

FRO

Legend
We can't survive another slow start out of our defense. If we want to be a playoff team we have to hit the ground running. There is zero excuse to start slow on defense.

V3

Hall of Fame
If the D-line is going to be the best in the NFL, it has to be able to get consistent pressure on the QB when sending only four. If we can only get the sacks through the blitz, they aren't among the best in the NFL, IMO. That's what I'll be watching for; whether they can get pressure when only sending four.