Will the Rams draft a QB?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
Would you mind in expanding on this a bit. On why you like Grayson best.
Sure.
I think he is more evolved in the pocket. He senses pressure, can slide well and creates time in the pocket, keeps his eyes down field for the most part if there is pressure. His arm strength is not as good as some of the other guys, but, he has good arm strength with better touch. Really like his accuracy and touch. Leads receivers well. Has decent size 6' 2" 220 lbs. So, not a big guy by NFL standards but big enough.
I would have like if he was under center more and he can stare down his receivers. But, I would much prefer a guy who has already has some NFL skills developed or they are developing as opposed to a guy who takes one look and runs. To me Grayson is more developed as a passer than the other guys. Grayson has sort of a long arm action too, but, that can be worked on.
So, it comes down to value. I don't want to use the #10 pick on any of these QBs. So, in terms of value getting Grayson outside the first round is a better value than getting a guy like Hundley who is going to require massive amounts of work in my opinion.
For what its worth I got to see him in person a couple of times in the last couple of years and he was impressive.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
Thanks @fearsomefour Petty is another name I see thrown around as another potential target in round 3ish. There's just not a whole lot to look at this draft in the way of QB's. Even the top two have warts. So, unfortunately for us, the few that there are will be overdrafted.

fearsomefour

Legend
Thanks @fearsomefour Petty is another name I see thrown around as another potential target in round 3ish. There's just not a whole lot to look at this draft in the way of QB's. Even the top two have warts. So, unfortunately for us, the few that there are will be overdrafted.
I agree.
I was hoping Grayson would fall to round 3 or 4, but, it is not looking that way.
Fales was my favorite QB in last years draft, so, what do I know?

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
I was partial to Fales as well. At the QB position I like guys who excel from small schools. The ones who win but are not surrounded by NFL first round draft picks. Those small school field generals who can set themselves apart and have had to do more with a talent level around them not greater than the opponents' which is more like it will be in the bigs.