Will the Raiders Join the Rams in Inglewood?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Maybe the better question is, "can" the Raiders join the Rams in Inglewood?

Dean Spanos and the Chargers are still in block mode....They tried to block the Rams from LA, and then wouldn't join them after losing..Now, they are trying to work out a deal with San Diego again after burning that fanbase. Some speculate that Spanos is now blocking the Raiders from LA and San Diego for another year, because they (the Chargers) have a tentative deal now with the Rams for Inglewood. No negotions happened, because it's the same deal offered to Spanos before the Owners vote went down.

Spanos doesn't know what he wants after like 15 years of a stadium situation and he's trying to block others that want to come into his playground, either in LA or San Diego, even though San Diego and LA locations are farther than 75 miles from each other, which is the radius of a franchise territory if memory serves. By agreeing to a Rams deal, and yet choosing to try and work out a deal in San Diego, Davis is forced to work out a deal with Oakland for another year and look for other options like Las Vegas and San Antonio for a possible new home in the long term.

The Raiders...EVEN if Spanos wasn't a grasping jerk, have serious problems. A year ago, I heard a Bay Area reporter comment about the Raiders ownership situation. Mark Davis controls the team, yet that will be in doubt if his mother dies and the resulting tax issues delayed from when Al Davis died. Further, Al may have sold more than 100% of shares in the Raiders...this reporter speculated that there might be more than 125% ownership in the Raiders, which will have to mean the value/shares of the Davis family in the Raiders will decrease accordingly. This may be the reason why selling a controlling interest in the Raiders to a billionaire isn't acceptable to Mark Davis, because : 1) He likes control 2) The new partner will insist on an accounting of outstanding shares.....

Lets say the reporter is wrong about outstanding shares, and it's just the fact of a cash poor NFL owner running out of options. The deal about any team approved to relocated to the LA area would be required to pay $550 million relocation fee, no matter where the teams are currently located. Stan will open the checkbook for his part, but how could the Raiders afford this? It's possible that the NFL will allow the Raiders to pay this over time. But then we come to the statements rom Davis that he won't be a tenant in LA. Ok, if so who will pay the 1 billion dollar buy in for him? If he wants to be an equal partner with Kroenke, this is the buy in cost. Goldman Sacks is out, because they said they would only fund a stadium in Carson.

So how could the Raiders ever afford LA?

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
I read somewhere one of the reason the city of Oakland dosent want to work with the Raiders on a new stadium is because the Raiders still owe the city 100 million for the up grade they did on the stadium like 10 years ago .

So if the Raiders did leave town and agreed to pay 550 million in relocation fees , you can bet the city of Oakland would come knocking as well for the rest of the money the Raiders still owe them as well

I just have a hard time believing the Raiders can afford to move anywhere and might be the real reason the Carson project fell through

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I read somewhere one of the reason the city of Oakland dosent want to work with the Raiders on a new stadium is because the Raiders still owe the city 100 million for the up grade they did on the stadium like 10 years ago .

So if the Raiders did leave town and agreed to pay 550 million in relocation fees , you can bet the city of Oakland would come knocking as well for the rest of the money the Raiders still owe them as well

I just have a hard time believing the Raiders can afford to move anywhere and might be the real reason the Carson project fell through
Maybe...but I personally feel that Carson was never real (in that Spanos really intended to do it)...It was about blocking Kroenke