Will The Pro Days Shape The Top Of The Draft?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Here are the dates to watch;

March 17, Teddy Bridgewater
March 19, Blake Bortles
March 27, Johnny Manziel

Will the pro days fan the flames?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...anziel-bridgewater-headline-upcoming-pro-days

With the NFL combine in the rearview mirror, the attention of NFL teams shifts to on-campus pro days, the final chance for top prospects to show their football skills to general managers, coaches and scouts.

Pro days are always heavily attended for the top-rated quarterback prospects, but especially this year with Texas A&M's Johnny Manziel and Louisville's Teddy Bridgewaterdeciding not to throw at the combine, instead waiting for their pro day. Texas A&M's on-campus pro day is scheduled for March 5, but Manziel, along with WR Mike Evans and other former Aggies pass catchers, will have their pro day on March 27 in College Station. Bridgewater will throw at Louisville's pro day, scheduled for March 17.

Manziel told reporters it was an “extremely hard decision” to not throw at the Combine, but throwing to his own receivers was something he's “very comfortable with” and that he listened to the advice of his agent. He also told NFL teams that he's an open book.

“From what I've told every team, if they want to work me out privately…any interview, any question they want to ask me, any throw they want to see me make at any time, I'm more than willing to do that,” Manziel said in Indianapolis over the weekend.

Fresno State's Derek Carr didn't throw at the combine, but he participated at the Senior Bowl and Blake Bortles plans to throw at his pro day on March 19 after showing well at the combine. So there is a little added pressure for Manziel and Bridgewater, who have only one more chance prior to the 2014 NFL Draft to impress.

When asked why he didn't throw at the combine, Bridgewater told reporters he is a “perfectionist.”

“I just want everything to go right,” Bridgewater said at the combine. “I tend to look at it from a pro standpoint. When you're throwing in the offseason, you want to be with your guys to have that timing and connection, so what was the biggest thing.”

There are dozens of game tapes for teams to study on these prospects and decision-makers will enter pro days with a strong opinion already on each player. But seeing prospects perform in person, even quarterbacks throwing against air, allows evaluators to break down each prospect even further. If an organization isn't high on a quarterback, a pro day workout usually won't change that. But for teams who are considering a quarterback, especially in the top-five picks, a pro day is a chance to confirm what evaluators see on film.

Here's what to look for at two of the most important pro days this year:

March 17, Teddy Bridgewater

Bridgewater needs to show consistent touch and accuracy on downfield throws of 20+ yards. His deep placement was streaky throughout the season and he needs to show a better feel for all vertical passes. Bridgewater can also help himself by showing leadership traits throughout the passing drills, instructing receivers on different routes and taking full command of the field and workout. His slender body type isn't something that will change for his workout, but Bridgewater should be able to show off his efficient mobility, timing and overall arm talent.

March 27, Johnny Manziel

Manziel needs to show the same velocity to all levels of the field with proper anticipation and placement at the top of each route. A pro day setting won't give Manziel a chance to show off his instinctive and elusive scrambling, but it will help show his ability to operate from within the pocket. It won't be surprising if a broom or two is involved to help simulate Manziel throwing over outstretched hands at the line of scrimmage. He seems to step up on the big stage so with every eye on him at his pro day look for Manziel to perform well.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Honestly, I think teams know what they have in each QB. They're mainly just looking to see who has the bigger flaws. I got Manziel as the third best passer. I'd rather have Bortles out of all of them.