Will the NFL fine Brady for questionable slide?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
X said:
Faceplant said:
Thordaddy said:
Sorry guys I seperate my dislike for Brady from my opinion about this occurance, IMO he was protecting himself.

The playoffs have a history of defensive players intentionally "taking one for the team" by taking a penalty in order to disable the other teams QB.
Warner, Rich Gannon, Carson Palmer, are guys who defenses intentionally tried to disable , those are a few that come to mind without ANY effort, if I was Brady, I might well have done the same thing.

I don't see how you could possibly see that as a protective act. Reed had CLEARLY pulled up. It was a blatant attempt to take out an opposing players leg at its most vulnerable point. And Gore got a higher fine for his socks. Unreal.....
Agree. Even if it *started* as an act of protection, it certainly didn't need to continue as one.
I pulled this off another board. Protecting himself? Yeah, sorry, but I just don't see any evidence of that at all.

OahuRam said:
1. Brady extends knee to kick Reed's knee:

2. Brady flexes knee getting ready for 2nd kick:

3. Brady extends knee again pushing on Reed's knee. Intentional both times.

OK , he was trying out for the lead in a martial arts movie :mrgreen:

Doubt we are going to agree here, I watched the play when it happened and don't see it the same

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Thordaddy said:

Doubt we are going to agree here, I watched the play when it happened and don't see it the same
You mean, like, "Bradysan"?

DrrbSz6.jpg

It's all good, man. Not everybody sees things the same way.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
X said:
Thordaddy said:

You mean, like, "Bradysan"?

DrrbSz6.jpg

It's all good, man. Not everybody sees things the same way.

And As we all know Odin has one eye, so depth perception is another variable Bradysan may benefit from.
BTW just sayin, shorstops get that shizzle on 50% of the DP's they turn, so even if it was intentional I'm still not terribly alarmed, I'd like it if all QB's could do something a proactive to prevent injury, I see in my minds eye Tony Siragusa ending Rich Gannons playoff rum ,I'm sort of a Gannon fan, I thought the Chiefs screwed the pooch choosing Grbac over him that Gruden screwed the guy over, he was cheated out of his story book career comupance by Gruden, Siragusa the tuck rule, I just hate the idea that a thug can end a teams season that way.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
That's a great post by Oahu.

Considering that my Ram addiction is a direct result of me growing up in Oahu... I certainly would enjoy being able to shot the shit with OahuRam. All this time I've felt so isolated. :tooth: