Will Some Teams Red Flag Manziel?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
He is a tool. I wouldn't touch him

Memphis Ram

Legend
His Dad's comments this summer about his struggles with pressure and potentially losing it would scare me away.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I think some will be cautious. But all it takes is one team with enough Man Zeal to want him anyway to make that trade.

He's the last guy I want in horns though... bad attitude and a game that I don't know will translate well to the pros. He has a strong stench of potential bust around him.

Last edited:

Ram_of_Old

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Some teams would I bet. Bellicheck doesn't like me first head cases.

But he took on the biggest wad case ever in Moss. Nearly a perfect season but thank goodness the Giants foiled the evil kingdom's plans.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
hear Kerwin on Sirius today and he basically was sending a msg out to JM that teams are NOT going to take a liking to him always wanting things "his way". He said obviously there will be "a few teams in need" that will draft him high ... but that experienced GM's and HC's are going to be turned off by his attitude. Didn't sound like Pat Kerwin was much of a fan of JFB

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
But he took on the biggest wad case ever in Moss. Nearly a perfect season but thank goodness the Giants foiled the evil kingdom's plans.

Yeah and he tried Brandon Lloyd out too. He got tired of them both quickly and they weren't around long, two and one season I believe. That would suck to draft a guy only for a year or two.

laramsoriginal

Starter
Like any prospect, Johnny can be a bust or a quality QB. We must admit, he has some intangibles that are rare. His stats the past two years have been pretty damn good versus arguably the toughest conference in college football.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Some one will risk it. I trust Greg Cossells. He doesn't think Manzeil is a good QB at all. He said that he has open target running their routes but he doesn't throw it to them, instead opting to scramble around and go for the busted play. Fortunately for him the busted play is his best play. But like many others, Greg doesn't think that will work in the NFL.

It sounds like Mike Vick part two.

Ram_of_Old

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
He is either going to be a busted head case, or he is going to win a Super Bowl. He is not worth the risk....IMHO.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
It doesn't matter. This tread doesn't matter. We will be drafted top 5. Even Mel Kipper, who says he's the third best QB, wouldn't argue with that.

laramsoriginal

Starter
He is a polarizing figure. If placed in the right team, I think he becomes a very solid QB. His intangibles are off the charts

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
He is a polarizing figure. If placed in the right team, I think he becomes a very solid QB. His intangibles are off the charts

I'm curious, you have posted more than once about this guys intangibles.
Like what? Ability to lead a team by example? Working hard? What?

I'm just asking. :unsure:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Yes but they never last long with him. Could you see him wasting a draft pick on a Me Me type of player? Signing them is a different scenario. You can cut the guy. But who wants to take the chance on having to cut a first round pick after a year?