Will Rams Trade Up To Top For QB ? Which Slot?What Cost?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Will Rams Trade Up To Top For QB ? Which Slot?What Cost?

• 1. Tennessee Titans

Votes: 10 22.7%
  • 3. San Diego Chargers

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • 4. Dallas Cowboys

Votes: 19 43.2%
  • 5. Jacksonville Jaguars

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • 6. Baltimore Ravens

Votes: 10 22.7%

• Total voters

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Tennessee needs an offensive tackle, big time.

What do you think about; GRob, #15, and a 2nd for #1? Would we need to toss in more?

I don't want to trade GRob, but let's face it we'll need to give up premium something to get to that spot.

Do they though? Lewan looks the part of a LT to me.

Tennessee needs more talent all over - they have the QB and halfway decent skill positions now - they just need more depth. A trade down makes a lot of sense for them - IMO.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I think it is somewhere in between. Cowboys #4 = 1800 ; Rams #15 = 1050 ; Rams #43 = 470 Rams #45 = 450

The difference between the two first rounders is 750 points. Both Rams #2's adds up to 920, so the two #2's more than cover the basic value difference.

Are we going to get any picks back for the difference of 170 ? Probably not. But then you won't be giving up any high future picks either.

On the front page of ESPN today the Titans GM said it will take a kings ransom to get to #1. I can promise you the picks you just described will never get us to #1.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
On the front page of ESPN today the Titans GM said it will take a kings ransom to get to #1. I can promise you the picks you just described will never get us to #1.

That's fine. We were talking about the Cowboys @ #4

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Oh sorry.

I hope one of them falls but hard to imagine Cleveland not taking one and Rivers and Romo are up in age. No matter what they say publicly.
I really hope we get one of them but not holding my breath either :(

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Of we don't nab that #1
It's gotta be Cook or Lynch at #15
Please God. No....
200.gif

Last edited:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
A deal with Dallas could easily happen IF the Rams like Goff, and IF he is there when Dallas is on the clock.

Both teams would stand to benefit due to relative strength of draft at prospected move outcomes. Owners are tight. It is so obvious in fact that I expect SF to move up to 3 IF they like Goff and he is there.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Not necessarily replying to you but if you're Dallas(or even San Diego at #3) why wouldn't you seriously consider drafting one of these QB's?
I would very seriously consider it.
We all know that Cleveland and SF are desperate and have a massive hole at QB but Rivers is 34 and Romo is an old 35. Neither team has a talented developmental guy waiting in the wings. Dallas has been in WIN NOW mode since forever so i suppose that could sway them from making a pick like this. This is just me thinking out loud. I just think that when your picking in the top 5 you have to consider(and hope) you won't be picking there again anytime soon and should REALLY take a hard look at your QB situation going forward...and realize how difficult it might be to be in the position to draft a (very near)future franchise QB

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not necessarily replying to you but if you're Dallas(or even San Diego at #3) why wouldn't you seriously consider drafting one of these QB's?

Jerruh wants to win now. Here's an option comparison:

Option 1
1. QB Goff, LB Jack, DE Bosa, or S Ramsey

Option 2
1. RB Elliot, CB Alexander, DE Lawson, LB Lee, DT Rankins/Robinson/Reed/Billings, etc, etc.
2. DE Dodd/Bullard/Calhoun, RB Henry, QB Cook/Prescott, multiple safeties like Killebrew/Bell, loads of DTs, etc.
2. Whichever other guy they don't get immediately above they like.
*** Add QB Foles to help ease Dallas' backup QB quandary too.

If Dallas is smart they'll take a trade down to that general area, because they need defense. Trading with the Rams is going to look very appealing to them IF the Rams are calling and willing to talk those round 2 picks.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Jerruh wants to win now. Here's an option comparison:

Option 1
1. QB Goff, LB Jack, DE Bosa, or S Ramsey

Option 2
1. RB Elliot, CB Alexander, DE Lawson, LB Lee, DT Rankins/Robinson/Reed/Billings, etc, etc.
2. DE Dodd/Bullard/Calhoun, RB Henry, QB Cook/Prescott, multiple safeties like Killebrew/Bell, loads of DTs, etc.
2. Whichever other guy they don't get immediately above they like.
*** Add QB Foles to help ease Dallas' backup QB quandary too.

If Dallas is smart they'll take a trade down to that general area, because they need defense. Trading with the Rams is going to look very appealing to them IF the Rams are calling and willing to talk those round 2 picks.
I would say Offer Dallas Our #45 and fourth rounder to switch 1st rounder's!

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I think the Titans end up wanting too much and are ultimately willing to take Tunsil. I think it's stupid to walk away from the bounty that such a trade up can bring, but I think they will.

Now for the shocker:

"With the second pick in the 2016 NFL Draft, the Cleveland Browns select Jared Goff, Quarterback, Cal."

The Rams then finalize a trade with the Chargers for the 3rd pick and select Carson Wentz.

I'm high on fried egg sandwiches...

No, no, no you are not. The fried egg sandwich has such an effect on you as to make you clairvoyant and have given you the ability to see the future with great clarity and accuracy.

Yeah, that's the ticket.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo

We all know that Cleveland and SF are desperate and have a massive hole at QB but Rivers is 34 and Romo is an old 35. Neither team has a talented developmental guy waiting in the wings. Dallas has been in WIN NOW mode since forever so i suppose that could sway them from making a pick like this. This is just me thinking out loud. I just think that when your picking in the top 5 you have to consider(and hope) you won't be picking there again anytime soon and should REALLY take a hard look at your QB situation going forward...and realize how difficult it might be to be in the position to draft a (very near)future franchise QB
Mayock: If I were Cowboys, I'd draft Carson Wentz at No. 4
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...-i-were-cowboys-id-draft-carson-wentz-at-no-4

"If it's my franchise and I'm coming off (a) 4-12 (season) with a 36-year-old injury-prone quarterback (Tony Romo), yeah, I'm taking Carson Wentz at (No.) 4 if he's on the board," Mayock toldKRLD-FM on Monday.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm with you, cant afford to sit back. I think Cleveland and San Fran are a lock, and 4 other teams make sense to draft one
Heck, San Diego doesn't have to look past its own QB to see why you draft one when you can.
Dallas has no right picking 4, and the way they're stacked, they shouldn't be drafting out of the 20's for years. Unless of course they need a QB so...
Chicago could go QB as Cutler is getting up there and new coach could go different way after a season of him caddying
Miami, same as Chicago. They can opt out of Tannehill's deal after 2016. He's decent, but has he hit his ceiling?

Rams didn't "need" a DT when Donald fell in their lap, and we're better for it. Rams didn't "need" RB when Gurley came to us.
Why should it be any different for a team to have the most important position in the game sitting in their lap? With the rookie cap, its not even a financial burden like it once was.
Rams have to go up and get their guy if that's what they want, its that simple

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I voted Jaguars because I think their needs are so much on defense, that it makes sense for them to snag an extra 2nd rounder (and it'd probably be a 3rd rounder too). By trading back they could get at least 4 quality players to add to their defense.

But now I'm wondering if the Rams are going to try for Treadwell in round 1, and Cook later in round 1. Or just trade down and take Cook in the first.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
But now I'm wondering if the Rams are going to try for Treadwell in round 1, and Cook later in round 1. Or just trade down and take Cook in the first.

My assumption is they'll have a deal on the table with a team pre-pick 7 for IF one of those two top QBs are there. Which they probably won't be of course, barring some sort of miracle.

When Wentz/Goff are off the board, I presume the plan will adjust to sitting at 15 and seeing if Lynch makes it, because while he's a project his fit with this offense is very good with his downfield accuracy and smooth athleticism.

If Lynch doesn't make it to 15, then I presume they do as you say and take Treadwell or Doctson, both of whom immediately help this offense.

That's where things get really interesting, too. Do they move back into round one to get a QB they like in a reach, i.e. either Prescott or Cook? Or do they move up in round 2 in order to get their guy. Or do they just sit at their round 2 picks and take a round 3 guy early with that pick from Philly, which would be a guy like Doughty or Hogan.

Hard to say man. Without a trade up it gets messy fast, that's for sure.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
NO
If Wentz goes to the Browns @#2 then the trade offers to move up to #3(Chargers) & #4 (Cowboys) will get busy. I consider it very very doubtful that the Rams will be able to trade with the Chargers before the #4. Rams might get a very expensive trade up deal with Dallas that might be at least decent enough to "To think About it". Rams Org will pass.

But I still think that that the top two QB's (Wentz & Goff) will be long gone by the time the 9ers #7 & Eagles #8 get warmed up. Thus leaving those two team to perform the reach up for Lynch. Teams may be so desperate that they might even go to Cook in the early 20's.That's going to leave some outstanding loaded low hanging delicious non QB fruit there for the Rams @ #15.:D

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
But I still think that that the top two QB's (Wentz & Goff) will be long gone by the time the 9ers #7 & Eagles #8 get warmed up.

Wouldn't surprise me they go 1, 2.

Lots of QB needy teams lurking.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I blame snead myself he should have snagged a couple of extra1st rounders in the RG3 deal we could now be packaging them up to jump to one overall