Will Rams Trade Up To Top For QB ? Which Slot?What Cost?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Will Rams Trade Up To Top For QB ? Which Slot?What Cost?

• 1. Tennessee Titans

Votes: 10 22.7%
  • 3. San Diego Chargers

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • 4. Dallas Cowboys

Votes: 19 43.2%
  • 5. Jacksonville Jaguars

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • 6. Baltimore Ravens

Votes: 10 22.7%

• Total voters

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
Alright Guys what are we going to do?Left out browns for obvious reasons

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wonder if Snead and Fish have been overplaying the "Keenum is our guy" statements, just for public consumption? What is they are about to ballsy crazy with a huge move up to grab a QB that the Niners thought was theirs? (kinda like this...Niner fans would cry hard):rockon:

tavian

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I wonder if Snead and Fish have been overplaying the "Keenum is our guy" statements, just for public consumption? What is they are about to ballsy crazy with a huge move up to grab a QB that the Niners thought was theirs? (kinda like this...Niner fans would cry hard):rockon:

good call.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I think we can work a trade up to #1 w/ the Titans by Flipping 1st round picks and giving them our 2nd round #45 pick and our 4th round pick!

If not I say we use our #15 on Treadwell, or Doctson. And Trade back into the 1st using both our 2nd round picks! I don't think Cook gets out of the 1st round!!

IF the Rams want to Make a "SPLASH!" their 1st year back in L.A. they have to do something BIG! OK! something risky too!!

tavian

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think we can work a trade up to #1 w/ the Titans by Flipping 1st round picks and giving them our 2nd round #45 pick and our 4th round pick!

If not I say we use our #15 on Treadwell, or Doctson. And Trade back into the 1st using both our 2nd round picks! I don't think Cook gets out of the 1st round!!

IF the Rams want to Make a "SPLASH!" their 1st year back in L.A. they have to do something BIG! OK! something risky too!!

I'm sure we have some connections in Tenn.All I know is if we do this we have GOT TO GET IT RIGHT.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
http://walterfootball.com/draftchart.php

Future picks are generally devalued one round. So a third next year is worth basically a fourth this year.

Naturally this is just an approximation, especially for big trades, and depends on competition, if there is a player the team likes a lot but doesn't absolutely love in their slot, etc. But it's a good starting point for discussion. If some fan is proposing a trade that varies greatly from the chart, it likely isn't something to take too seriously. From the GM's perspective, if another GM asks for too much for their picks, you know they are assuming you are desperate.

And the big jump is in trading for one of the top 3 picks - historically, those have commanded a premium. Presumably it is felt that players that high are elite at their position, at least as prospects.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I think the Titans end up wanting too much and are ultimately willing to take Tunsil. I think it's stupid to walk away from the bounty that such a trade up can bring, but I think they will.

Now for the shocker:

"With the second pick in the 2016 NFL Draft, the Cleveland Browns select Jared Goff, Quarterback, Cal."

The Rams then finalize a trade with the Chargers for the 3rd pick and select Carson Wentz.

I'm high on fried egg sandwiches...

OC_Ram

Restricted Free Agent
If you knew you could have lynch at 15 would you still trade up?

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
After the RGIII trade all trade ups into the top ten have cost a 2nd round pick in addition to swapping 1st. Could that price go up with high demand? Sure. Could a team like Tennessee or Jacksonville be hyping up these QBs to drum up the value of their pick? Absolutely.

I honestly have no clue what Snisher will do and I have to commend them because that is exactly what they want. Do they actually believe all that stuff they say about Keenum and QBs in general? Who knows. These guys are really hard to predict in the draft because they have done a bit of everything. They have traded up for guys they really covet like Tavon and Joyner, stood pat and took the BPA Gurley or Donald, and moved down when there are several guys at a position of need they like ie. Havenstein or Brockers.

When you consider all these things the two most likely options are stand pat BPA like the last two drafts or move up because they covet Wentz and Goff the only two franchise QBs. I am leaning towards the trade up option. One big reason they haven't gone after a vet QB is no FA available is a clear upgrade over Keenum, and certainly not at the current market value for FA QBs. Additionally, they like Mannion and made him the first 2nd tier QB selected last daft. Are they going to dive into the second tier again and grab a guy who is year behind Mannion development wise and in the same tier? Doubtful with these guys. To me that leaves one option if they want to upgrade the QB position, a first tier draft prospect like Wentz or Goff. The Rams have had little media connection to either guy (was Snead, Fisher, Weinke, Groh, or Boras at Goff's Pro Day?). Are they keeping their interest on the down low like they did with Todd Gurley? We can only hope.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
2016 1st round pick(15th) and 2017 1st round pick to the Cowpokes for the #4 overall to select Goff.