Will Rams Now Be More Or Less Attractive to UDFA?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Les Snead also picked up Matt Daniels who I was better than Rodney MCloud who he also picked up as a UDfA . Daniels is now on The Rams coaching staff which is super CooL !!

He also brought in Corey Harley !! Who was a veteran mainstay until last year. He pushed hard in training camp & was a team leader!! McVay respected the heck out of him !!

Darly Richardson was a key pickup . He actually won the RG111 bowl his rookie year !!! He still has been fighting to stick with a NFL team .

That was just year 1 !!! In 2012 !!!

Les Snead also made that Great Trade with Washington. Why The Rams didn’t trade the #2 pick overall for more picks still pisses me off. The Rams could have also picked up RG111 for nothing ?? They could still be getting draft picks from it as well.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
2013 Darren Bates from Auburn & Ray Ray from Miami were nice LBer finds !!!

2013 The Best signing & a guy who beat out Darly Richardson !! Bennie Cunningham from
Mid/Tenn.

—How good is Les(Rams scouting) Snead ??

Once again he upped it !! Cody Davies !!

—Darren Woodard ??
Andrew Helmick ?

——In 2014. Les Snead went all in on Ethan Westbrook’s who was the starting NG at the end of 2017.

2016 — Matt Longacre , Cameron Lynch, Bradley Marquez , Cory Littleton

2017 Casanova McKinzy ,

Louis Trinca- Passat ??? 2015

Going back & reviewing , if there is a player that makes sense The Rams will go All IN !!’
Maybe player coming off injury might to a choice , but with all the extra late round picks. I don’t see much in the way of UDFA’s The Rams roster is stacked with depth right now.

Last edited:

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I remember some of those Rams teams after Fisher purged the roster were prime landing spots for UDFAs because the depth chart was so barren.

Yup, the Rams roster at one point was about as talented as a good college team.

I know Fisher isn't popular and some still have doubts about Snead but all you have to do is look at where this team was and where it is now and you can appreciate the work that got done.

I hope Snead and McVay stay together for many years. Past when Goff retires. A top flight GM and HC is a real luxury and we have that now.

Ram65

Legend
Depending on position as has been mentioned. Right now the offensive line, LBer and Safety spots would be good spots for UDFA. RB and TE on offense as well. Let's see how the draft goes.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Brown's have been so lame for so long, I wouldn't base any of my desisions on anything the browns did.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
West coast guys...yeah....unless they play Defensive line, cornerback....running back....and...of course....qb.:sneaky:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

I know Fisher isn't popular and some still have doubts about Snead but all you have to do is look at where this team was and where it is now and you can appreciate the work that got done.

I hope Snead and McVay stay together for many years. Past when Goff retires. A top flight GM and HC is a real luxury and we have that now.

Give a bunch of us some of those draft picks & cash !!! We would ave had more talent in a whole !!!

— Look at all the lossing seasons

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I think there's two ways of looking at it.

1. Do you go to the team which gives you the best opportunity of a starting / rotational spot.

or

2. Do you go to a contender in the hope that you put in the work to gain a PS / roster spot and get coached up?

I don't think the Rams aren't a NO-GO area for UDFAs - they get a fair crack at the whip in gaining a roster spot with this FO and we know historically Snead is a bit of a UDFA monster and a number of our UDFA's have hit roster spots in the last few years - with one of them being a Pro-Bowler another a SB winner...

Jake Eldrencamp, OL (2017)
Justin Davis, RB (2017)
Jonny Mundt, TE (2017)
Morgan Fox DE (2016)
Cory Littleton, ILB (2016)
Malcolm Brown, RB (2015)
Louis Trinca-Pasat, DT (2015)
Darrell Williams, OT (2015)
Trey Watts, RB (2014)
Ethan Westbrooks, DT (2014)
Benny Cunningham, RB (2013)
Ray Ray Armstrong, S (2013)
Cody Davis, S (2013)
Matt Daniels, S (2012)
Johnny Hekker, P (2012)
Cory Harkey, TE (2012)
Austin Davis, QB (2012)
Rodney McLeod, S (2012)

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Well Snead is more deserving than Fisher . I’ll give Fisher some credit. He ran a tight ship & had players buying in , before he lost the plant. When he goes the defense can do better than giving up 6 points , was not the time.

Coaching was basic & talent evaluation was not great.He did build a good foundation though.

FA was not good especially with a chance of The Rams moving from St. Louis.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I think there's two ways of looking at it.

1. Do you go to the team which gives you the best opportunity of a starting / rotational spot.

or

2. Do you go to a contender in the hope that you put in the work to gain a PS / roster spot and get coached up?

I don't think the Rams aren't a NO-GO area for UDFAs - they get a fair crack at the whip in gaining a roster spot with this FO and we know historically Snead is a bit of a UDFA monster and a number of our UDFA's have hit roster spots in the last few years - with one of them being a Pro-Bowler another a SB winner...

Jake Eldrencamp, OL (2017)
Justin Davis, RB (2017)
Jonny Mundt, TE (2017)
Morgan Fox DE (2016)
Cory Littleton, ILB (2016)
Malcolm Brown, RB (2015)
Louis Trinca-Pasat, DT (2015)
Darrell Williams, OT (2015)
Trey Watts, RB (2014)
Ethan Westbrooks, DT (2014)
Benny Cunningham, RB (2013)
Ray Ray Armstrong, S (2013)
Cody Davis, S (2013)
Matt Daniels, S (2012)
Johnny Hekker, P (2012)
Cory Harkey, TE (2012)
Austin Davis, QB (2012)
Rodney McLeod, S (2012)
Both on The Rams roster now !!
Matt Longacre??
Morgan Fox ??

—Bradley Marquez was a core special teams player under Fisher
—Darly Richardson was in Les Snead’s first group as a Ram GM.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Getting UDFA's is fine, but we have like five, 6th rounders and a couple of 4th rounders. We will pick the best LBers & Olinemen available at those drafting points. If you think a guy is a diamond among the piles of coal, then just draft him.