Will Quinn get more $$$$$$ Than Peterson?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Who's contract will be bigger, Quinn or Peterson?

• Quinn

Votes: 41 85.4%
  • Peterson.

Votes: 7 14.6%

• Total voters

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
I think Robert Quinn's contract will dwarf Peterson's contract.
What do you think, more or less?

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
If the Rams win this year, then Quinn will likely take less money that he would have otherwise in order to stay. If not, then it's going to be a hell of a contract

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Another season like last year and it's going to be massive.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
My guess is that whoever is the highest paid D lineman when Quinn's contract is due will be the second highest paid D lineman!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I think Quinn's will be bigger. Will be interesting to see how much by though
officex-large.jpg

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Quinn will be the highest paid defensive player in NFL history when he signs. His agent will accept nothing less - and it's hard to argue that he should.

If Watt signs first, maybe the second highest - they will be 1 and 1a.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
My guess is that whoever is the highest paid D lineman when Quinn's contract is due will be the second highest paid D lineman!

So, Quinn will be making more than $16M a year? That sucks.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
A dominant RDE makes more than a dominant CB. Case in point: Mario Williams, 6 years, $100m, $24.9m guaranteed; Darrelle Revis (his Bucs contract), 6 years, $96m, $16m guaranteed.

And yes, Revis was coming off an ACL injury, but in the same breath you have to remember that Williams hadn't come close to playing up to his potential, had never racked up more than 14 sacks, and was also coming off of two injury-plagued seasons.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
So, Quinn will be making more than $16M a year? That sucks.
The way I see it, every team has to choose who they want to keep and let go in order to maintain their competitive edge! Quinn looks like a keeper right now!

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
If we stay out of FA we'll be fine. Just gotta keep drafting well. This year's FA was probably what we need to do more often, avoid those big signings now that we have a solid group put together.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
The way I see it, every team has to choose who they want to keep and let go in order to maintain their competitive edge! Quinn looks like a keeper right now!

I'm fine with keeping him at all costs. Just sucks that he's going to be paid as much as franchise QB money. He's worth it though.

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
He's playing like the best player on the team, so he deserves to be paid like it.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I think Peterson ,not that in an uncapped situation I wouldn't personally pay him more, but without checking I think the position values will keep them pretty close in compensation, real shut down corners are rarer only slightly but still rarer than great pass rushers and DO tend to generate their influence on the game unitarily, for those who don't speak Thorian old English I mean they don't get help, d linemen benefit from the guy next to them more.

In the day I don't think any d-linemen got more money that D Sanders ,I think that's where Petterson hovers in that area,

Disclaimer: i did no research for this post so i could be completely full of shit.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Quinn always says he's a humble man, but we'll see how humble he is come contract time. Money talks. I'm interested to see what the Rams offer him, and if he will hold out for more. I don't see that happening, because I think this front office gets the value of players correct, and will offer him a fair contract.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Quinn will be the highest paid defensive player in NFL history when he signs. His agent will accept nothing less - and it's hard to argue that he should.

If Watt signs first, maybe the second highest - they will be 1 and 1a.
After last Seasons performance, if Quinn plays up to MY expectations (24+ sacks) this year people will be going "JJ who?"!(y)

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
If they value C Long at 5/$60, it wouldn't be a stretch for Quinn at 6/$100.