Will Quinn ever be as productive as 2013?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fancents86

Starter
Every game this season, he is being constantly and blatantly held just about every snap, and it's not being called. Yet it is never called out by players or the coaches? If they continue to let this happen I don't see Quinn ever being as productive as his 2013 year. The only way I see avoiding this scenario is teaching him to be more versatile. He has one move, which is to run around the right side of the lineman in front of him. Every snap it's like watching a loop of the same play for him. What are ya'lls thoughts?

lockdnram21

Legend
Long as the defense as a whole plays like they did yesterday i could care less if he gets as many sacks as last year. By end of year i think he will still have 10+ sacks

fancents86

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Im not worried about sack numbers either, but if he can't get to the qb, that effects our D. If players have to continuously hold him that means they can't defend him (appropriately).

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Every game this season, he is being constantly and blatantly held just about every snap, and it's not being called. Yet it is never called out by players or the coaches? If they continue to let this happen I don't see Quinn ever being as productive as his 2013 year. The only way I see avoiding this scenario is teaching him to be more versatile. He has one move, which is to run around the right side of the lineman in front of him. Every snap it's like watching a loop of the same play for him. What are ya'lls thoughts?
He has one move? Ok

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Quinn was beating Clady like a drum yesterday. I saw at least 3 holding calls that went uncalled. He will still get 12-15 sacks this year.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
He needs to take acting classes to be able to convince the refs that he is being held. Just make it so blatant that they have no choice.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
If by productive you mean his sack numbers being what they were.... then NO, IMO, It's just not realistic to think he can rack up those kind of numbers on a year to year basis. Teams are game planning against him. Whether it be by quick release routes, or making sure they keep extra blockers in to chip, Quinn is a focal point when teams put together their game plan vs. the Rams.

Getting a healthy Chris Long will help, and even if Quinn isn't racking up the sack totals, the overall team defense should continue to improve. That being said, as everyone on the defense gets more comfortable in this scheme, you can see what Williams can do to free up guys with stunts. But that is predicated on getting teams into obvious passing situations (playing with a lead).

Last edited:

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Quinn has way more than one move I don't understand how you can honestly think that.

He hasn't even reached his prime so I think it's a little off base to say he will never reach any level of production

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
He needs to take acting classes to be able to convince the refs that he is being held. Just make it so blatant that they have no choice.
Like this but if we see it, the refs see it and are just not calling it! Sucks for sure!

Ken

Starter
Name
Ken Morris
Maybe someone can help him develop a wrist-break move when he's being held ( sort of like the head-slap move of the 21st century NFL. Much harder to illegally hold with broken wrists.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik

This ^.

Lack of acting skills is about the only weakness in Quinn's game at this point.

RamzFanz

Damnit

One of his sacks yesterday was a stunt to the center of the line so... not sure what you mean?

They did hold him. I have seen him thrown to the ground many times from behind with no flag. It really is BS.

However, for whatever reason the D was not producing the first 5 games, they are on fire right now. He has 6 in the last 5 games and one more is going to be awarded. He's on pace for 15+ this season. That's still damn good. I expect next season to be his big season with experience in GWs system.

fancents86

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I did see that play, and those are the type of plays I feel we're going to need to see more of in order to maximize his potential. I can't even imagine the sacks and rushes we could get if Quinn wasn't held every game.
One of his sacks yesterday was a stunt to the center of the line so... not sure what you mean?

They did hold him. I have seen him thrown to the ground many times from behind with no flag. It really is BS.

However, for whatever reason the D was not producing the first 5 games, they are on fire right now. He has 6 in the last 5 games and one more is going to be awarded. He's on pace for 15+ this season. That's still damn good. I expect next season to be his big season with experience in GWs system.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I think he's still learning and is getting by on athleticism so IMO he has a 20 + season in him yet, especially since Williams is starting too stunt him more and with reams getting more and more conscious of Aaron Donald and C Long due back ,maybe Rivers doesn't play next week and Oaklands rookie he could have a 4 sack game or two yet this year . Those big numbers usually include one or two monster games

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Quinn was beating Clady like a drum yesterday. I saw at least 3 holding calls that went uncalled. He will still get 12-15 sacks this year.
With our next three opponents being the Chargers, Raiders, and Redskins his numbers could really jump!!

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
he's basically getting put into a choke hold. I didn't realize wrapping your entire arm around a mans neck pulling him to the ground wasn't a penalty.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Quinn doesn't have one move, but he's not full of them either. He really only uses around 3, but they work against anybody so it's not a big deal. He has those moves perfected.

RamzFanz

Damnit
he's basically getting put into a choke hold. I didn't realize wrapping your entire arm around a mans neck pulling him to the ground wasn't a penalty.

He needs to learn to break those holds. Spin out of them. Break some hand bones. Swim them away. Something. Still, he's a monster. He won't have that speed forever so he needs to keep growing his technique.