Will Hard Knocks ruin our element of surprise?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
As I eagerly await seeing our team's training camp and studying how our new QB develops, I wonder if we will be simultaneously tipping the 9'ers off as to the new dimensions our passing game will employ. Having a new passing coordinator is a welcome addition. Getting a more talented QB is exciting.

But I wonder if the practices will be limited by how many reps we can get in the new concepts so we don't give opposing DCoordinators an edge. I admit I've never watched Hard Knocks because, well, it was never the Rams.

Can someone give me some insight here? I know other teams have reached the playoffs in spite of it, I just wonder if this is a significant disadvantage tactically.

Thanks for the interlude. Back to the Wentz/Goff debate...

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Hardknocks doesn't show in depth practices. The players do drills and run a few plays for the cameras. Then do their thing after that. Nothing will be shown that could tip off any team.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Hardknocks doesn't show in depth practices. The players do drills and run a few plays for the cameras. Then do their thing after that. Nothing will be shown that could tip off any team.
Thanks 'Legatron' I was starting to worry, because I've never watched the show either!! But of course I will this Season!:D

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Don't you know? Everyone is lulled into a trance by Liev Schrieber's dulcet tones...

If anyone gets much beyond "ooh" and "aaah", then they are Buddhist Monks and not on any NFL staffs...

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I feel like being on camera boosts too much ego and could potentially create unnecessary drama.
What are the records for teams being on Hardknocks?

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Actually, it's pretty good. It's certainly not the the "Madden curse" for teams...

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's not like the "hard knocks" version Belicheck used on Rams practices before the ill fated Superbowl. They won't give anything away

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
When does the show start this year?

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
Someone posted the history of teams on hard knocks before and it was mixed a bit but more in favor of teams having a great season if I remember correctly. That used to be my fear of it too @dolphinlover123

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I feel like being on camera boosts too much ego and could potentially create unnecessary drama.
What are the records for teams being on Hardknocks?
There is no conclusive data to suggest it either helps or hurts the team involved in the show.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
It's not like the "hard knocks" version Belicheck used on Rams practices before the ill fated Superbowl. They won't give anything away

Hahaha... imagine Belicheck come to your facility with a HBO shirt on and a hand held camera "I'm here to film hard knocks, where is the coaches office? We're going to get a shot of the coaches desk 1st, can you open those drawers there?"

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm just pumped to see the Rams on the show man. It's a great show. They do a really nice job of capturing the personalities and tying it all together, and it's going to be electric from day one when they show Fish and Snead trolling the media from the draft room with their leaks about both QBs while they knew all along who they were going to take.

That plus the whole back in LA thing to include the former Rams greats... I'm pumped to watch it. Can't wait.