Will Greg Robinson Develop Into A Pro Bowler?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
He sure has been fun to watch these last 2 games. Dontari Poe - you're up next!

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Yes. I think he's got the potential to be really special at G, but certainly pro bowl at either.

SierraRam

Recreational User
If we keep him at Guard it could happen next season. The word is out on GRob - He's already holding his own against top DL's.

If we move him out to Tackle it will take longer, but he is still the top OL in this draft class. Both he and Donald will soon be regular Pro Bowlers; however, they won't be able to play because of the Super Bowl

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
If we keep him at Guard it could happen next season. The word is out on GRob - He's already holding his own against top DL's.

If we move him out to Tackle it will take longer, but he is still the top OL in this draft class. Both he and Donald will soon be regular Pro Bowlers; however, they won't be able to play because of the Super Bowl
YAH! That will be a shame!! They will just have to for-go the opportunity to play in the PB!!:D

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Yes! Because of the Bow Tie!
1400020477000-Greg-Robinson-Rams-3.jpg

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike

We see what you did there...NICE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jumava1968

Starter
Name
Jumava
It looks very promising and if he does become a pro bowler and stays at guard for a year or two that means we're getting good production from J .Long.

jap

Legend
It looks very promising and if he does become a pro bowler and stays at guard for a year or two that means we're getting good production from J .Long.

That's a very optimistic viewpoint on Big Jake. I don't believe he is worth his current contract. He is in decline and needs to be replaced.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Looks to me that Saffold was just a place holder @ OLG till Robinson was ready. Saffold returning to his ORG post for what I hope is a very long time. Saffold to my surprise had not dominated @ OLG like he should have.

This last week we may have seen the best OLG play in the Ram OL since the 3 key years of Tom Nutten (1999 thru 2001) but Nutten never made it to a pro bowl. To go find a bona fide pro bowl OLG...Kent Hill who was a pro bowl OLG ........before that it was Tom Mack. Dennis Harrah was a ORG. Not sure where Tom Newberry played left or right?

Jumava1968

Starter
Name
Jumava
That's a very optimistic viewpoint on Big Jake. I don't believe he is worth his current contract. He is in decline and needs to be replaced.
He's coming off a major injury less than a year ago so I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and hopes it works out.

SierraRam

Recreational User
Not sure where Tom Newberry played left or right?

Newberry was a pro bowler at LG. Harrah and later Duval Love manned the right side during Tom's tenure. Aside from being able to bench press 460lbs (!), Tom Newberry was said to be the toughest guard to read plays against, according to Ronnie Lott. "You can tell where a play is going by watching the guards, but that #66 rookie is one smart SOB." (Ronnie Lott 1986)

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Too early of course. It's just as ridiculous to call him a pro bowler as it was to call him a bust or bad pick back when he couldn't crack the lineup.

All that aside, I would be willing to lay money on him being a pro bowl OG and OT. You just cannot find OL with his kind of natural power. You can't get that kind of power from working out, some guys just have rare ability and he certainly does. That fact plus Coach Boudreau leads me to be very confident in GRob achieving that level of play.

Snead said he wanted two Hall of Fame players from that first round. Well, it's gonna take a long time to know for sure, but man he sure is off to a good start with those two. Keep hitting like that on picks and this team is not just gonna win at some point, they're gonna be a perennial power.