Will Eagles’ Gamble On Bradford Pay Off?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I would like to ask whoever can tell me with any certainly whether he will succeed or not sto give me the next winning powerball numbers...I'll gladly split it...Thanks in advance...

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
I don't think so. Kelly's system in general doesn't work, and Murray is the best player they have (but more than likely he'll miss games). Who is Bradford going to throw to? Riley Cooper is the only weapon they ha e on offense, and he's not scary at all. Miles Austin? Lmao. He'll get hurt in training camp. His hamstrings are made of twizzlers.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I don't think so. Kelly's system in general doesn't work, and Murray is the best player they have (but more than likely he'll miss games). Who is Bradford going to throw to? Riley Cooper is the only weapon they ha e on offense, and he's not scary at all. Miles Austin? Lmao. He'll get hurt in training camp. His hamstrings are made of twizzlers.

Do I sense a bit of conference rival talk in this post?

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
Do I sense a bit of conference rival talk in this post?

I hate them the most. Their fans love being insufferable cunts. I almost got into a fight tailgating last season, even though I was just chilling and not even ribbing other fans.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
Never been to a game in Philly but they certainly have a reputation and as a Dallas fan it must be especially brutal.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I hate them the most. Their fans love being insufferable cunts. I almost got into a fight tailgating last season, even though I was just chilling and not even ribbing other fans.

I believe it. I live in PA and have a few friends from Philly. One thing that I always found strange is how they see nothing wrong with ganging up on people when they fight. Based on the stories I have heard it sounds like that is the only way they fight.

Plus my friends say that for a lot of fans, the game is just an excuse to go pick a fight. And they call it the city of brotherly love.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
I don't understand how they are allowed to behave that way at games. An eagles fan will pour on an opposing fan, and half the time the opposing fan gets kicked out...from what I've heard.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
I hate Philly sports fans in general. I know its a generalisation but they usually are absolute tools...

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
Bradford needs a top dollar all pro O-Line to be really successful, He is a little slow in reading defenses and needs more time than the Rams gave him on most passing plays. If he gets that kind of help he could finally have that breakout season... If not we will see check down after check down until he gets hit and tears his knee up again. :cool:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Bradford needs a top dollar all pro O-Line to be really successful, He is a little slow in reading defenses and needs more time than the Rams gave him on most passing plays. If he gets that kind of help he could finally have that breakout season... If not we will see check down after check down until he gets hit and tears his knee up again. :cool:

In the Eagles fast paced offense where the ball comes out quickly, I don't see the fit.

RamBill

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Pete Prisco: No Question Sam Bradford Is ‘Better Than Nick Foles’
March 31, 2015 5:34 PM

By Ray Boyd

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/20...stion-sam-bradford-is-better-than-nick-foles/

PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — CBSSports’ Pete Prisco joined Josh Innes and Tony Bruno on Innes and Bruno on Tuesday afternoon. The conversation began with the other quarterback prospect making news, Jameis Winston.

Winston is the consensus number one pick on most experts’ boards and the Florida State prospect had his pro-day on Tuesday.

“It was good. It wasn’t great,” Prisco said of Winston’s pro-day performance. Some experts described the outing as “ho-hum,” which Prisco characterized as being too harsh of an assessment.

“I think sometimes we put too much stock into these things,” Prisco said of pro-days. He referenced the not-so-good pro-day performance of Teddy Bridgewater prior to last year’s draft and the fact that Bridgewater went on to have a productive first season in the NFL.

Prisco also broke down Marcus Mariota who is the quarterback prospect Eagles fans are a little more familiar with and who is expected to be the second quarterback to come off the board at the draft.

“He’s got a good arm. There is no question about that,” Prisco said of Mariota. “I just think in [Oregon’s] system at times, he was asked to do things that were easy.

“For every five NFL throws Jamies Winston made [Mariota] probably made two.”

Prisco was addressing the fact that Mariota may not have the NFL type throws on tape in the abundance that Winston does, but that may be a product of the fact that he was not asked to make those type of plays as often in his team’s offense.

“You’re going to have to wait a year or two,” Prisco said of when we’ll find out if Mariota can meet the demands of an NFL offense. “Unless somehow he ends up in Philadelphia, then I think he fits with what they want to do.”

Prisco went on to acknowledge the fact that Chip Kelly’s offense has had a similar effect in that it makes it easy for quarterbacks and offensive weapons to produce numbers, but he warned that in today’s NFL, opposing teams always figure things out.

“Right now I think Chip’s ahead of them,” Prisco said of his offense against opposing defenses. “But, they’re going to figure it out.”

The Eagles also announced the signing of Miles Austin on Tuesday. The 31-year-old wide receiver comes to the Eagles following the departure of Jeremy Maclin who just wrapped up his most successful season in the NFL.

“That’s a weird signing,” Prisco said of the Austin deal. “He’s not awful, but he’s nothing special and he’s not the answer to their problems.”

Prisco also critiqued the Eagles signing of cornerback Byron Maxwell. “Personally I wouldn’t have signed him for that money,” Prisco said of Maxwell’s reported 6-year, $63 million deal. “Byron Maxwell is the back up singer who is getting lead singer money and the question is can he sing when he gets to the front of the stage. I wonder about that.”

Prisco also supported the notion that the Eagles panicked to replace McCoy when they allocated free agent dollars to DeMarco Murray and Ryan Mathews when they could have added to the running back position in the draft.

Prisco gave some insight into the Eagles current starting quarterback, Sam Bradford. “He’s better than Nick Foles,” Prisco said. “I don’t think there is any question about that.”

“Sam Bradford might be one of the most competitive human-beings you’ll ever be around,” Prisco added. “If he’s the quarterback, and they don’t draft Mariota, I think Sam Bradford will be better for the Eagles in the long run than will Nick Foles.”

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
JMO unless the Iggles extend his contract now at least a year it's a no win situation,If he gets hurt again he'll quit , if he stay healthy he'll demand / command top tier money and STILL have the jnjury risk.
Does Foles have an option year ? Anyone know?