Will Da Raiders end up the infamous 0-16?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
jrry32 said:
I'm still not buying into Pryor. This is about what I expected. Will have some good games especially early on. Defenses will adjust and he'll struggle. Kaepernick did the same thing. As more film gets out there, teams begin to really expose your weaknesses as a passer.

Unless they are playing against the St. Louis Rams

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
den-the-coach said:
jrry32 said:
I'm still not buying into Pryor. This is about what I expected. Will have some good games especially early on. Defenses will adjust and he'll struggle. Kaepernick did the same thing. As more film gets out there, teams begin to really expose your weaknesses as a passer.

Unless they are playing against the St. Louis Rams
Really was this even close to necessary :-?

BobCarl

Rookie
jrry32 said:

You make a fair assessment. I agree that Pryor hasn't proved himself as a passing QB.

1. His O-line will gradually get better ... as the injured return the line up....he will go from a bottom 5 O-line to being protected by a top-10 O-Line ... thus giving him more opportunity for completions. And benefit from having a running game (something he doesn't have now).

2. He is working hard at eliminating costly mistakes ... he has made a lot of progress and he has a lot more to go. He will improve further than he already has ... how far? ... that remains to be seen.

3. He is working hard at improving his passing ability and reading defenses ... he has made a lot of progress ... and yes he has a long way to go. I think he will get better than he is now. No telling how much better he'll get.

4. While his "running" ability can't be relied upon to win games ... however his ability to scramble and avoid getting sacked is amazing. Last night, he kept scoring drives alive by escaping a collapsing pocket. There were some good highlights with Charles Woodson last night .. but they didn't show the big plays he gave up when being a 1/2 step behind. He doesn't make the plays he used to make. The game was won not because of Woodson's big plays ... the game was won because Pryor escaped getting sacked and kept scoring drives alive, most of those escapes ended up being a passing 1st down. Turning a sure sack into a 1st down gives an offense a 2nd chance ... the Raiders got lots of those 2nd chances last night.

5. Pryor isn't going to make a Super Bowl contender out of any NFL team that has 1/2 the salary cap money to spend than the rest of the league does ... however he gives the team a few more chances to move the ball down field.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Pryor is doing some good things for the Raiders this year but I have major reservations about him long term and him winning might just prevent Oakland from getting the franchise QB they need. Then again...he could be that guy.(I doubt it) And maybe the time he buys...if he isn't...allows them to build up the team for their franchise guy.

BobCarl

Rookie
jrry32 said:
Pryor is doing some good things for the Raiders this year but I have major reservations about him long term and him winning might just prevent Oakland from getting the franchise QB they need. Then again...he could be that guy.(I doubt it) And maybe the time he buys...if he isn't...allows them to build up the team for their franchise guy.

Reggie McKenzie won't stop playing musical Qb's until he finds the next Aaron Rodgers . Pryor will either grow to that level of Qb or he will be replaced by someone better. That is how McKenzie works ...

Years ago in Green Bay, though the Packers had Favre, Reggie invited a future super star (Kurt Warner) to their training camp.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
BobCarl said:
jrry32 said:

Reggie McKenzie won't stop playing musical Qb's until he finds the next Aaron Rodgers . Pryor will either grow to that level of Qb or he will be replaced by someone better. That is how McKenzie works ...

Years ago in Green Bay, though the Packers had Favre, Reggie invited a future super star (Kurt Warner) to their training camp.

To be fair, that was before they knew who Favre was going to be. And they also ended up cutting Kurt. Although they did have Mark Brunell as their backup who ended up being a darn good QB in his own right.

Same with Hasselbeck a few years later.

Wolf and Thompson as well as Holmgren did a pretty good job of picking them. Not sure how much say McKenzie had(I truly don't know).

jjab360

Legend
BatteringRambo said:
"Its all BS and its bad for ya". -George Carlin.

BR is eating "crow" but I must admit figured Allen and GM Reggie MacKenzie? (I'm beyond freaked up on 14 Heines' and Trainwreck kush).here rollin w/ Flynn. Amazing how things change. I honestly thought Pryor would never be given the chance. I regress. Ready to wake up in 4 hours for work.

No Rx associated but found out my fiancé to be cheated on me in a grotesque way to put it simple. Presumed that I'm a hard working ethical man haha what was I thinking?!?!

I'll always have my pride and ROD!

Summary-BULLSHIT!
What is this… I don't even…