Will Da Raiders end up the infamous 0-16?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BobCarl

Rookie
LesBaker said:
Martz had ALL the control ...
From 2002 until 2005 there was a constant power struggle about executive decisions. JZ had the final word. (At least that is what John Shaw had said on the the radio) By 2006 Martz was no longer employed by the Rams, hence he had no control.... Martz went on to coach other teams ... did he not? Or is my memory all wrong?

iced

BobCarl said:
LesBaker said:
Martz had ALL the control ...
From 2002 until 2005 there was a constant power struggle about executive decisions. JZ had the final word. (At least that is what John Shaw had said on the the radio) By 2006 Martz was no longer employed by the Rams, hence he had no control.... Martz went on to coach other teams ... did he not? Or is my memory all wrong?

Detroit, sf, Chicago

iced

BobCarl said:
BatteringRambo said:
Matt Flynn ... Your legs better be more lethal than that throwing arm. :razzed:
+

It is halftime of the Raiders at New Orleans preseason game.

Lets start with former Rams Alex Barron, .... holy shyte ... in the 1st half, Barron wiffed twice causing his QB to be sacked both times ... the 2nd time it looked as if Barron closed his eyes and was guessing where the DE was suposed ... OMG :( and YOU (any Rams fan) guessed it ... no YOU (any Rams fan) predicted it ... Alex Barron had a false start.

The score at the 1st half ? Saints 23 Raiders 7 ...

Ok lets make a couple of excuses ... Barron will be replaced with a couple of Sept 1st signings. Barron will be the teams 3rd string starter ... if he even makes the team. Injury issues with 2 other OL-men that will be improved upon. Realistically the Raiders would have 20 points in the 1st half against the Saints. The Saints ... given that only half of the Raiders 1st string started the game and none of the D-Line was in the game, Breese had all day to throw ... I mean ALL Day. With the Raiders starting OL playing and a few other starters in the game you gotta take one of the Saints TD's off the board.

Raiders tonight and last week seem more like a 9 - 7 team.

on that bree's TD, d-line doesn't even look like they were trying.. i mean seriously, they didn't even try to get into the backfield

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
A55VA6 said:
Raiders won't go 0-16, but I see them having a mediocre year.

The league will do everything they can to avoid it, but I look forward to the debate with BobCarl ,Clowney vs. Manziel

Memphis Ram

Legend
I don't know about 0-16, but after watching Alex Barron playing LT last night I have to believe that the Jadeveon Clowney sweepstakes may already be over.

moklerman

Warner-phile
Anyone else enjoy conspiracy theories? To me, it seems the Rams are treated somewhat differently since a certain owner passed away. Do the Raiders benefit from the same thing at some point or does sonny-boy keep the tradition alive?

And speaking of Mckenzie, I thought Thompson is the one who "built" the Packers?

moklerman

Warner-phile
BobCarl said:
moklerman said:
I thought Thompson is the one who "built" the Packers?

And a lot of people think it was Al Davis who built the greatness of the Raiders past. The truth to both teams is "not really".

The person responsible for the Greatness of the Raiders past (3 SB victories between 1976-1983) is the same guy who hired two scouts into the Green Bay Packers system, that football genius is Ron Wolf ... Wolf hired both Ted Thompson and Reggie McKenzie.

After a few years, (in 1999) Ted Thompson left the packers to work for Seattle, McKenzie became the Packers Director of Player Personnel and eventually Director of Football Operations.

@ 2005 Thompson came back to the Packers as GM ... No doubt Thompson deserves an enormous amount of credit for the success of the last decade of the Packers, but the person who built the core of players was Reggie McKenzie.
Damn, that's my mistake. I was thinking Wolf but wrote Thompson. But the point remains, it wasn't really McKenzie who built the Packers. He maintained things perhaps but I wouldn't credit him for building the Packers. Not to say he didn't learn a thing or two and apply it as the Raiders GM, just don't want to give him credit for something he didn't really do.

moklerman

Warner-phile
BobCarl said:
moklerman said:
Damn, that's my mistake. I was thinking Wolf but wrote Thompson. But the point remains, it wasn't really McKenzie who built the Packers. He maintained things perhaps but I wouldn't credit him for building the Packers. Not to say he didn't learn a thing or two and apply it as the Raiders GM, just don't want to give him credit for something he didn't really do.

Ron Wolf left Green Bay more than a decade ago ... and prior to that he was GM ... which left most of the finding of players to someone else.

The past decade, the Packers have been successful without Ron Wolf.

No single individual gets 100% credit for the success of a team.

Finding, evaluating and acquiring players pretty much rests on the Director of Personnel, and that is the perspective that i"m going on when using the verb "building".

No doubt other perspectives for the verb exists.
I'm looking at it more from where the Packers were and what they've been since. For most of the '80's they were a graveyard for players and a bad team. So I guess I consider Wolf as putting a good train back on the track and his successors as having kept it rolling.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
BatteringRambo said:
replaced by human false start Alex Barron elevates the situation to true disaster. The Raiders might not win a game this season.

:razzed:
LMFAO ROFL! THE HUMAN FALSE START

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm still not buying into Pryor. This is about what I expected. Will have some good games especially early on. Defenses will adjust and he'll struggle. Kaepernick did the same thing. As more film gets out there, teams begin to really expose your weaknesses as a passer.