Will Da Raiders end up the infamous 0-16?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Raiders LT Jared Veldheer has been diagnosed with a torn triceps, and will undergo surgery.
It's a staggering blow for the league's worst team. Veldheer is almost certainly done for the season, but per beat writer Vittorio Tafur, the Raiders are "holding out hope" he can return at some point. He's a candidate for injured reserve/designated to return. Losing Veldheer is devastating enough, but the fact that he's apparently being replaced by human false start Alex Barron elevates the situation to true disaster. The Raiders might not win a game this season.

Or as usual end up notching an unexpected win or even 1-2 alone within the AFCW. Hmmmm :sly:

Run run run literally DMC just run somewhere!
Also good luck to one meaningless regular season game hero Qb Matt Flynn. Your legs better be more lethal than that throwing arm. :razzed:

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
The jags are on their schedule....

Sooooo, I predict they'll win at least that one.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Selassie I said:
The jags are on their schedule....

Sooooo, I predict they'll win at least that one.

I smell a tie 0-0. :cheese:

iced

Barron LOL

Don't know about 0-16, they have the following teams on the schedule:

Jags
Chargers (2x)
Eagles
Jets
Cowboys (it's end of november, notorious joke time for Romo, and both teams play games 4 day before)

jjab360

Legend
The Raiders sure aren't liked around here, lol.

No, they won't go 0-16, not a chance.

lockdnram21

Legend
I actually think they could be a surprise. Terrell Pryor is progressing he might eventually be there starter

I don't think they'll go 0-16. They weren't a completely terrible team last year. And besides, if they never went 0-16 with Jamarcus Russell as their QB, there's no way it's happening this year.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
BobCarl said:
Starting next season this team will no longer be viewed as Al Davis' Oakland Raiders. It will be more realistic to think of them as the Oakland-Bay Packers. GM Reggie McKenzie is the guy that built the teams for the Green Bay Packers over the past 2 decades.

With a handful of draft picks (virtually none last year), along with salary cap hell, it is unrealistic for even die-hard fans to expect much from the 2013 Raiders ....

2014 though is a different story. $50 mill of dead money will be washed off of the books and available for free agents. Keep in mind that this $50 mill won't be spent by Al Davis, it will be spent by the guy who built the Green Bay Packers.

Over the past decade, the Rams have been the worst team in all of the NFL. Why? Because after the 2001 season, Jay Zigmunt wrestled control of the personnel decisions and did away with a personnel director. It took the Rams 12 years to get beyond that major screw up. ... Al Davis effed up the Raiders almost as bad as Zygmunt effed up the Rams.

Those two were friends ... until 2008 when Zygmunt betrayed Al Davis by going back on his word to trade his 2nd round pick to the Raiders and chose the fasted WR in that year's draft... Donnie Avery. Al Davis was pissed when that happened.

Al Davis Mortgaged the 2012 and 2013 seasons before he died. In 2014 the team will take an upturn, and by 2015 they'll be competitive again.

The Raiders don't have a starting QB ... they can't afford one. McKenzie grows QB's. He has an eye for QB's. He will bring in QB's every year until he finds the next Aaron Rodgers.

Anyone remember some guy named Kurt Warner? Kurt Warner got his first ever NFL training camp invite, from none other than Raiders current GM Reggie McKenzie.

This year, McKenzie kept a project QB from last season's team, he brought in a backup QB from free agency, he drafted one, and he picked up one as a undrafted FA. Guess what? He will draft a QB again next season too, and the season after that. His M. O. will be to draft a QB every season. It might take a few years ... but he will find the next Aaron Rodgers.

Anyone want to laugh at the residuals of Al Davis past? Go ahead. People have been laughing at the Rams for the past decade too.

The laughter at the Rams still continues ... By mid-season I think that most of those who are mocking the Rams will start to quiet down.

The Rams are no longer the SOSARams... don't you agree?

In 2014 the Raiders will no longer be the SOSARaiders. It is gonna be as exciting to watch the Raiders transformation as it is watching the Rams transformation.

Raider-hater? Like mocking them? Enjoy it, this will be your last season to have a valid point.

Cheers!

Great post BC.

I gotta say, and I could very well be wrong, but I've pegged the Raiders for the worse record in the NFL in 2013.

There are always surprises, but their roster isn't very impressive right now, IMO. I feel bad for their fans, but we've been there.

FRO

Legend
The Raiders are going to be very bad, however they are finally set up cap wise after this season to really rebuild the team.

fearsomefour

Legend
The Raiders will be terrible Im sure. But, the GM didnt have any money to spend. Dumping Palmer on Arizona was smart for both teams. The Raiders could improve quickly with all that money coming off the books. The Raiders will be bad....the Lions 0-16 team and the Rams 1-15 team were both worse.....I still believe the Rams 1-15 team was the worst in the last couple decades in terms of talent and being prepared on game day.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Well I thought they would be decent, maybe 8 Ws at most. But the Jared Veldheer thing makes them more like a 4-12 team.

That sucks...I really like Matt Flynn sucks that he gets to be protected by Alex Barron.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
BobCarl said:
Angry Ram said:
Alex Barron.
I figured Alex Barron was brought in to be camp fodder ... instead of bringing in a clueless big guy that has never played in a NFL game, they brought in a semi-clueless vet that doesn't have to be taught the ABC's about training camp drill rotations.

Initially this situation sounds horrible. My first reaction is that now the Raiders will have to keep 4 QB's because of expect injuries. ...

On the other hand ... Reggie McKenzie is one of the best guys in the NFL for keeping track of underachievers that can be turned into overachievers.

Before the regular season, somewhere in the NFL, there will be some very good overpaid RT's that will get cut and clear waivers ... Reggie will sign one or two for the league min and turn their 2013 season into a contract year.
I take it you're a Raiders fan as well? Is that your AFC team, or are you just well versed in their goings-on?

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
How do Raider fans teach their kids to count?

0 and 1, 0 and 2, 0 and 3.............. :lmao:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
bubbaramfan said:

Ohhh Snap.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
BobCarl said:
Over the past decade, the Rams have been the worst team in all of the NFL. Why? Because after the 2001 season, Jay Zigmunt wrestled control of the personnel decisions and did away with a personnel director. It took the Rams 12 years to get beyond that major screw up. ... Al Davis effed up the Raiders almost as bad as Zygmunt effed up the Rams.

Those two were friends ... until 2008 when Zygmunt betrayed Al Davis by going back on his word to trade his 2nd round pick to the Raiders and chose the fasted WR in that year's draft... Donnie Avery. Al Davis was pissed when that happened.

First part there isn't true. Martz had ALL the control over personnel from the time he took over as HC. He did the drafting and FA acquisitions, not JZ.

After Martz there were other people who handled personnel so while JZ may have had input he wasn't in charge or anything close to it.

I never heard anything about JZ going back on his word about a trade, I don't think he had the authority to make that deal in the first place.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
bubbaramfan said:

How do you get a Raiders fan off your front porch?
Pay him for the pizza.

BobCarl

Rookie
LesBaker said:
I never heard anything about JZ going back on his word about a trade, I don't think ....

I trust my source. He was in the Raiders war room during that draft. And that person (who shall remain nameless) is now a trusted network NFL reporter. .... but who knows, maybe he made it up.

The Raiders were going send former 1st round pick Fabian Washington to the Rams and perhaps a lower round pick and so that Al Davis could choose Donnie Avery. The Raiders were unprepared for what happened and ended up getting a 4th round pick for Fabian Washington.