Wildest play in Rams history?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
PA Ram said:
At least top 5.

I'd forgotten about it. I bet Robert Bailey never did.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UE2yWZgzlQs[/youtube]

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Wow. Just...wow. That's one hell of a heads-up play by Bailey. I didn't even know that you could still pick up the football and run it back after it goes into the endzone; I honestly thought it was called a touchback every time. Guess there's always something new to learn when it comes to the NFL and its history.

:bg:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Memento said:
Wow. Just...wow. That's one hell of a heads-up play by Bailey. I didn't even know that you could still pick up the football and run it back after it goes into the endzone; I honestly thought it was called a touchback every time. Guess there's always something new to learn when it comes to the NFL and its history.

That's what I thought too, but I guess nothing is over until the ref whistles it dead?

A55VA6

Legend
The Dude said:
Memento said:

That's what I thought too, but I guess nothing is over until the ref whistles it dead?
I believe in today's game that's how it is. They don't even give returns a chance after the ball hitting the endzone.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
That was a heads-up play. Wild.

Kudos to the officials too for being aware of the situation and getting it right.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
BaaaaaaaaaHahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaa

Great flashback right there. Not much to get real excited about back then, but THAT play certainly added some life support.

My favorite part of that clip was watching numb-nutz Mora. His facial expressions were priceless. Did that fucker ever comb his hair?

Fucking saints :lmao:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Sort of surprised there wasn't a penalty called for the players coming onto the field. Even if so, they would have been offsetting penalties because both teams did it.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Now that is classic most players nowadays would see both sides changing and stop running as to not look stupid lol hell id stop.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
CGI_Ram said:
Sort of surprised there wasn't a penalty called for the players coming onto the field. Even if so, they would have been offsetting penalties because both teams did it.

I really think the refs blew the call there, as soon as the other teams started on the field the whistle should have blown if ONLY for safety issues .Sorta remeniscent of the great band TD play.
What would have been crazy is if a Saints player who wasn't part of the punt coverage had seen the thing happening and made a tackle, can you imagine the fit the Rams coaches would have thrown?

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
That play was just hilarious.

Really a heads up play. Good job by the ref's too.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
That was fucking insane. I can only speak for the Stl Rams obviously. First thing that came to my mind was one of Torry Holts catches in the endzone that like spun around his hand. It was amazing. I still have no clue how he caught it. I'm sure it's out there. I'll do a little recon.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOHmQXYpkcQ[/youtube]

Anyone seen a better version of this?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Username said:

Thanks for digging that up Username.

I remember that one well. Amazing... he kept running as that ball spinned around.

His SB 34 touchdown catch (pinning the ball against his facemask) was wild too. Obviously, not as wild as this one, but one of Torry's amazing catches.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Username said:

You would THINK it would have been in this video.
But it's not. :cry:

[nfl]09000d5d827f3c15[/nfl]
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/09000d5d827f3c15/Films-Encore-Big-Game-Torry-Holt" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/09 ... Torry-Holt</a>

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I miss Torry Holt! I know we all do!

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
The Dude said:
Username said:
[

You would THINK it would have been in this video.
But it's not. :cry:

Yeah, google can find the highlight on nfl.com too, but they say the video is no longer available. Ffffffffuuuuuuuu

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was watching the game when it happened! If I recall, wasn't there a bunch of returns for TD's on both sides that game? I might be getting the games mixed up. I will tell you, that was when Saint's fans could be seen on a regular basis wearing shopping bags with eye hole cut out over there heads in the stands, too embarrased to be recognized. :lol:

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Username said:

Man, I know what you mean. I've been looking for a better quality version of this video for who knows how long...

bluecoconuts

Legend
Username said:

Man that makes me want an elite WR again in a bad way.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Too funny. I don't remember ever seeing that. Of course the Rams weren't on TV much back then.