Wife says man blamed Stan Kroenke in suicide note

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
When your essentially renting property, you don't really get a right to complain. You should be blaming the couple that sold the property. I hate Stan for other reasons, but he's not to blame here. If you wanted security, you should have bought your own damn property. A little pathetic trying to point a finger at someone that did nothing wrong, and take the cowards way out.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Here is another article. Kroenke is greedy, that cannot be denied and what he is doing here is despicable.

Follow the link. Also I copied and pasted the stuff from the link that RmfnIt posted so you can see it below.

I fucking hate that my favorite team has been owned by two DELETED.

http://www.kmov.com/story/33497407/kroenke-buys-ranch-kicks-longtime-residents-out

ST. LOUIS, Mo. (KMOV.com) -- Family of a man who committed suicide near his north Texas property blames Los Angeles Rams owner Stan Kroenke for his death.

News 4 reported the billionaire investor recently purchased a large plot of land, the Waggoner Ranch, in North Texas. Kroenke purchased the vast open property in early 2016. The sale price was not disclosed, but the asking price was $725 million. A small corner of the ranch includes homes built on the banks of Lake Diversion. In August, longtime residents began receiving eviction letters.

Read: Kroenke buys Texas ranch, kicks longtime residents out

One of the residents who received that letter was Rick Ellis. 61. Rick's wife, Annette, told News 4 Rick took his own life earlier this week. Annette Ellis said Rick had been missing since Monday. On Wednesday, his body was found on a rural road near the Wichita River.

"The very first line of his suicide note was 'Stan stole my home,'" Ellis told News 4 Thursday via a phone interview. "[Stan] is an evil, evil man."

"My husband was worth more than all of your money, Stan," Ellis said. "The love he gave me. The life we lived. We worked together, we were best friends... we were never apart."

A GoFundMe page established to help the family said "he had been depressed and angry at the impending loss of his and Annette's home on Lake Diversion."

Ellis said there are a lot of elderly people on the lake and worries about their well-being.

"[Stan] knew none of us had the money to fight him in court, he knew, and you know what? He didn't give a dang care in the world and that's really the sad part about this, that there's a human being that just doesn't care."

News 4 reached out to Kroenke's attorney in Texas, as well as the Los Angeles Rams, who both had no comment.

Last edited by a moderator:

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
When your essentially renting property, you don't really get a right to complain. You should be blaming the couple that sold the property. I hate Stan for other reasons, but he's not to blame here. If you wanted security, you should have bought your own damn property. A little pathetic trying to point a finger at someone that did nothing wrong, and take the cowards way out.

Kreonke is kicking out people for no reason. It wouldn't make one bit of difference if those people stayed until they passed away.

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
You should be blaming the couple that sold the property

But no, you see -- they're completely innocent, and Stan is completely evil.

Stan is responsible for high gas prices, overcooked meats, Justin Bieber, and everything else that's wrong with this planet.

fearsomefour

Legend
Kreonke is kicking out people for no reason. It wouldn't make one bit of difference if those people stayed until they passed away.
Who knows what his plan is for that land.
Like it or not he has the right to do that as the land owner per the terms of their lease.
These people are stupid frankly.
So it goes.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack

No reason? He has a plan for the property. This happens every single day in my career, when a rental property is sold to new owners. The tenants are aware that at any point, they may need to find a new place to live. And this is no different. I guarantee you, that when the sellers decide to place the property on the market, all the tenants on the land were notified. In which they should have started to make new arrangements. That's not on Stan. That's on the irresponsible tenants who decided to just end life instead of being accountable for it.

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
Wow this article is lame. Let's make a villain out of somebody just for no reason. If you have a problem with this why don't you speak out against the countless people who get evicted for the same thing nationwide. No? You don't do that? Just because it's SK and he moved the Rams you want to go crazy? Meh...

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
I'm renting, and I'm fully aware that my landlord can give me 30 days notice to vacate the property. At some point you need to look at the agreement you made and take ownership of it.

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
A non story. To think CBS sports has it as a headline.
I opened it thinking the guy was a Ram fan that couldn't take it anymore.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
A non story. To think CBS sports has it as a headline.
I opened it thinking the guy was a Ram fan that couldn't take it anymore.

Your last sentence made me chuckle. Not sure if it was intended to but, either way, I'm going to hell.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Who knows what his plan is for that land.
Like it or not he has the right to do that as the land owner per the terms of their lease.
These people are stupid frankly.
So it goes.

He has no plan other than to let the lake return to it's natural state.

At least that's what he said, but I doubt it since otherwise what's the big deal about letting these mostly elderly retired people on fixed income stay for the duration of their lives?

They are probably in the way of a development plan he has.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug

Not your property, not your decision, and not any of your business.

fearsomefour

Legend

At least that's what he said, but I doubt it since otherwise what's the big deal about letting these mostly elderly retired people on fixed income stay for the duration of their lives?

Yeah, who knows?
At any rate, this is why these things are contracted.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
No reason? He has a plan for the property. This happens every single day in my career, when a rental property is sold to new owners. The tenants are aware that at any point, they may need to find a new place to live. And this is no different. I guarantee you, that when the sellers decide to place the property on the market, all the tenants on the land were notified. In which they should have started to make new arrangements. That's not on Stan. That's on the irresponsible tenants who decided to just end life instead of being accountable for it.

Pretty much, my landlord's in the process of selling her house and I'm already prepared to make that transitional period of moving in case the new owners either gauges the price or wants me out. Sucks though since I have an attachment living in that household but I live by the caveat emptor mentality; expecting the worst, hoping for the best.

If you really want to hurt Stan, it's best not to buy or support anything affiliated with him in an organized fashion. I've stopped buying Rams gear a year after his ownership (other than one t-shirt)

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Here is how my suicide note would sound:

Dear Mr. Kroenke,
I'm hanging myself cause after 35 years of Jeff Fisher football I've finally had it. Sure we got close to the playoffs in 2024 but i just can no longer hang with being the youngest team in thr NFL for three decades straight.
I'm blaming DEMOFF!!!!
Good bye
Dieter

1maGoh

Hall of Fame

Maybe he's trying to be an environmentalist. You know, restore an area to its natural state and do something good for the planet. At this point who knows? It's a little unfair to just assume he's an a hole and decide that he should abandon his own goals so somebody doesn't have to move.

And let's be honest, that dude committed suicide. He obviously didn't care about the increased strain on his wife that would cause. Stan didn't make that guy kill himself. That guy chose to end his own grief at the expense of his loved ones. Who's the real bad guy?

Status
Not open for further replies.