Wideouts & rough round strategy

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Going through the wideouts the second time around and one of the guys I really, really like is Isaiah Ford. Now, granted, one think I like about him is he's not an early round guy, as his 4.62 is going to cost him some money. His strength is his precise route running and he actually ran pro routes on the outside, so I think he's a real nice fit for what this staff is looking for and he should come at a good value in that third round range because he's gonna grade out below the guys like Kupp.

Looking at the group as a whole, I think round 3 is a very nice round to address wideout. Rams pick early on, and there's a bunch of guys that slot into that round 2-3ish range who are going to be bumped down due to the strength of DBs and DEs.

If I were in Snead's shoes my goal would be along those lines, with CB/TE likely in round 2 taking best available player, and then CB/TE/WR in round 3 minus of course whatever position I take round 2. Round 4 inevitably is going to look similar simply because there's too much depth in this draft, so we can expect good values at those positions there as well. Only other concern for me is Center, I think the first time I see value on that position I'd go after it, problem is it's gonna be tough to do it in round 2, so somewhere round 3-5 they gotta get that done.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
I would rather wait and take a flyer on Ishmael Zamora. I know the dog thing is shitty and I don't support that in the least bit, but nobody was still angry at Little for most of his career and he killed someone. Trader Tru for Cooks if you can and draft Zamora

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I would rather wait and take a flyer on Ishmael Zamora. I know the dog thing is crappy and I don't support that in the least bit, but nobody was still angry at Little for most of his career and he killed someone. Trader Tru for Cooks if you can and draft Zamora

I never forgave Little. I wanted him gone every year he was on the Rams. And beating a helpless animal is unforgivable as well. He could easily graduate to abusing people, like a lot of animal abusers.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
I never forgave Little. I wanted him gone every year he was on the Rams. And beating a helpless animal is unforgivable as well. He could easily graduate to abusing people, like a lot of animal abusers.

Or he can be smart and realize he doesn't know how to handle animals and just not have any...

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Or he can be smart and realize he doesn't know how to handle animals and just not have any...

You don't know that. What we do know is that he is an animal abuser. That alone puts him off my draft list and onto my shitlist.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm not a fan of Isaiah Ford. I love the way he catches the ball, but he doesn't separate. He relies on getting physical with and bullying CBs. A 6'1" 195 pound WR isn't going to bully NFL DBs. He'll have to figure out how to separate in the NFL, but he doesn't have the athletic gifts to do that with ease. I agree that he's a precise route runner, but he's not a great route runner. Which is a problem.

I'd rather have other WRs in the 3rd round range. With his 40, Kupp should end up in the same range. He's the better player between those two imo.