Why would you expect the offense to be better than 2015

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I may be in the minority, but I didn't think Case was all that great in 2015. He had one nice game and the rest he was below average to bad.

I didn't think he was great, but there were times he did good things that helped us win games ... the bomb to Britt against TB ... the clutch drive against Seattle after they had closed the gap to six points ... stuff like that. He didn't lose games for us and he did make a few plays that helped us win and kept the D off the field.

Of course, that makes last night look even worse, because he had the entire offseason to prepare and had the benefit of getting the lion's share of reps with the 1's. Last night he was bad, and did things to help us lose the game while doing nothing that would have helped us win.

Bruce2980

Starter
Apparently the vanilla game plan that we saw in preseason was this years offense minus Goff throwing down the field on occasion. And I thought Fisher was hiding some winning game plans from last year. I bet he fooled Kroenke too.

FRO

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Apparently the vanilla game plan that we saw in preseason was this years offense minus Goff throwing down the field on occasion. And I thought Fisher was hiding some winning game plans from last year. I bet he fooled Kroenke too.
It's been that way every year under Fisher. Teams always look horrid in preseason. It makes you think they are hiding the real product for the real games. Real games come along and the team looks the exact same that they did in the preseason. He just doesn't get his team's ready to play game one.

FRO

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If this is true, then I have to ask ... how the hell can a professional football OC, with a passing coordinator as an assistant, let stuff like this happen? How is this possible??? Are they really that inept?
Judging by last night, yes. But to be fair most of us knew what the Rams were going to run before running it. Pretty simple and small playbook.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Judging by last night, yes. But to be fair most of us knew what the Rams were going to run before running it. Pretty simple and small playbook.

But knowing which routes our receivers were going to run???

That spells epic cluelessness ... I hope it's not true. And if it is, Groh needs to fix this problem ASAP (I don't expect Boras too, even though I should be able to).

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Did anybody catch the part, in the comments below, where they called Ray Ray Armstrong a "defensive mastermind" (n)

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
If this is true, then I have to ask ... how the hell can a professional football OC, with a passing coordinator as an assistant, let stuff like this happen? How is this possible??? Are they really that inept?

IMO the whiners knowing Keenum cant make them pay with passes over the top helped them to narrow the possible routes. This coupled with the fact he didnt even try to make it appear he could beat them deep just snowballed the problem. Even if Keenum threw the ball as far as he could, I think the whiners LBs could outrun the pass and get in position to break it up.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave

That spells epic cluelessness ... I hope it's not true. And if it is, Groh needs to fix this problem ASAP (I don't expect Boras too, even though I should be able to).

The easiest fix is to insert Goff, he can make the throws Keenum cannot,

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
The easiest fix is to insert Goff, he can make the throws Keenum cannot,

At one point, actually right up until last night, I bought the logic of starting Keenum (but not leaving Goff in street clothes). I bought the idea that if nothing else, he would be efficient enough, would manage the game, and wouldn't hurt us with turnovers. But after last night's debacle ... consider me unsold.

Start Goff. Give him the reps. If we are going to have a QB make mistakes, at least let it be Goff learning on the job instead of veteran who has pretty much reached his ceiling and won't be able to help us win.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock

Whiner bullshit......a player talking shit, probably a DB. Only WR's are bigger hot dogs!

Nobody runs their f'n mouth more than a DB!

I really don't give a shit what the fucking Whiner says

Fuck 'em

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
With Keenum I wouldn't expect it to get better.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Whiner bullcrap......a player talking crap, probably a DB. Only WR's are bigger hot dogs!

Nobody runs their f'n mouth more than a DB!

I really don't give a crap what the freaking Whiner says

freak 'em

I agree. Ray Charles could have read our ridiculous gameplan, ... this statement is pure 49'er braggadocio.