Why Was Tony Banks Jealous while Watching the GSOT from Afar?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Tony Banks joins the Fast Lane to talk to his former teammate about being young, playing for the Rams, his start to his career, the jealously of watching the greatest show on turf, and not being a believer of Kurt Warmer, as well as winning a Super Bowl in Baltimore.

Listen to Banks Interview

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
I think everyone was jealous of the GSoT. The first thing I think of when I hear Tony Banks is how often he fumbled.

Irish

Starter
Tony could have absolutely been a serviceable, capable player in the NFL. The moment was just a little too big for him at the time.

Battered QB syndrome is a real thing, folks.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
Whenever I think of Tony Banks I always then think of the brilliant Rich Brooks.

What? We're on our own 1 yard line? Send in the rookie!

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Seems like he thought he was so talented he could just do anything he needed to do.
Regardless of the fact he did not prepare for game-day very well. He admits he did not prepare well, did not play situational football well.....those are VERY important attributes for any SUCCESSFUL QB.

Maybe just thought the Rams should have kept him regardless of the issues I raise above. And, I am not sure if he thought the GSOT would have been just as successful with him at QB as it was with Kurt, but it would not surprise me if he thought that. The impression I always had of Tony was that everything was always all about him.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
So Tony Banks is replaced by Kurt Warner... who wins a Super Bowl.

He goes to Baltimore and is replaced by Trent Dilfer... who wins a Super Bowl.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Yeah but who wouldn't have LOVED to see Martz light Pretty Tony up a few times,that would be worth the price of admission,they say he was absolute hell on Warner during preseason that year.

RamSECUT

UDFA
I lost all interest in Tony Banks when he refused to lift weights. The idiot, actually, stated that lifting weights would mess up his pick up basketball game. What a moron