Why was Kyle Long not ejected?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I don't think the kick was really meant. Kyle Long doesn't seem like a dirty person/player and I think that half-hearted 'kick' was more of a frustration thing.
It's about quite a lot more than a game when it comes to the NFL. Pop Warner, high school, your family turkey bowl that is just a game.

The heat of battle is just that,if you fear mice and see one,it's as real a threat in your mind as a cobra, get crossways with either of the Long boys they'll do whatever it takes to win. A lot of how I see the kick would depend on if he retaliated or it was unprovoked physically. Haven't seen the whole thing so another TLI ( too little info) to make the final disposition for me.

No country for old men out there,NOW I will say being a third party in and NOT in a peacekeeping effort needs to stay out, Chris wasn't there to exacerbate the situation but to actually be the one guy in a blue uni that COULD calm the kid down,so I think he did the right thing.

Ramzee

Rookie
Kyle should have been ejected, landed or not landed with the kick. I had no problem with what Chris did, even though I see why a rule like that would be a good thing.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Gosh I wish I had the confidence to be so certain in my opinions

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I never saw the film of him trying to kick Hayes. I saw them wrestling around a bit as Chris was getting there but they were out of frame for most of it.